Official 2015 tank thread III: Edmonton won!! I repeat, Edmonton won!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Any guesses? I'm guessing they're doing a quality-for-quantity trade with the Isles. Giving up Eberle for several mid-level pieces who can play now.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Problem is, a lot of those 3,4,5-for-1 deals don't often work out.

When was the last one that worked out for the team dealing the 1?

Mike Richards trade?

Yes, but doing nothing isn't working out either, so they might as well take the gamble IMO. They need to make moves and have so many needs right now, that this might be the only way to get the ball rolling.

ZeroPT*

Problem is, a lot of those 3,4,5-for-1 deals don't often work out.

When was the last one that worked out for the team dealing the 1?

Mike Richards trade?

If they're dealing 1 of their guys for 2-3 players who are worst but bring more to the team that'd be an improvement.

ZeroPT*

Isles make sense too.

A line of Okposo-Taveras-Eberle would be disgusting.

Isles have the NHL-ready D to deal and the cap space.

Nah. They would have no reason to make that deal. I'm looking at a team that's looking for a shake up. Boston maybe. Florida could use him. Ottawa. Maybe even Winnipeg or something.

EDIT: 3-0 Arizona

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
We need to get 2nd last, because I see no way we finish worse than the Oilers. Going to be tough to finish worse than the Canes at this point. We need a long losing streak to stand a chance.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
We need to get 2nd last, because I see no way we finish worse than the Oilers. Going to be tough to finish worse than the Canes at this point. We need a long losing streak to stand a chance.

I disagree, the canes aren't that bad. Staal's are both finally healthy, they'll string some wins together. Phx more of a threat IMO

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I disagree, the canes aren't that bad. Staal's are both finally healthy, they'll string some wins together. Phx more of a threat IMO

Will see, as I still think the Canes are worse. A team with OEL and Yandle is better than what the Canes have on D. I don't view the Staals highly either, especially after those injuries.

ZeroPT*

Will see, as I still think the Canes are worse. A team with OEL and Yandle is better than what the Canes have on D. I don't view the Staals highly either, especially after those injuries.

J Staal is one of the most effective two-way centers in the league. He'll draw the tough assignments which will allow the rest of the roster to play easier minutes. He's also their best player IMO.

Ward seems to be back on track. They'll play there way out of the bottom 2. As for Arizona, if they keep riding Dubnyk they could go on a little run. I don't see them dealing off Yandle.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
J Staal is one of the most effective two-way centers in the league. He'll draw the tough assignments which will allow the rest of the roster to play easier minutes. He's also their best player IMO.

Ward seems to be back on track. They'll play there way out of the bottom 2. As for Arizona, if they keep riding Dubnyk they could go on a little run. I don't see them dealing off Yandle.

A team I'm worried about tank-wise is the Devils.

They've got a LOT of older pieces that are sellable around deadline time.

Should they choose to pack it in and rebuild, they could get REAL bad....REAL quick.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
A team I'm worried about tank-wise is the Devils.

They've got a LOT of older pieces that are sellable around deadline time.

Should they choose to pack it in and rebuild, they could get REAL bad....REAL quick.

I'm also terrified of a Devils implosion. God they suck.

And the point you made about a deadline fire sale is equally truthful and terrifying. Our only hope is Lou's stubbornness to tanking, selling at the deadline, etc. This is the guy that kept he 29th pick :laugh:

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
Carolina played a lot better tonight with j Staal. NJ problem is goal scoring. Prior to tonight, I think I saw that they've scored 1 or few goals in 16 of their last 20 games or something. 2nd last is within reach, catching Edmonton is going to take a lot of luck though

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica
Carolina played a lot better tonight with j Staal. NJ problem is goal scoring. Prior to tonight, I think I saw that they've scored 1 or few goals in 16 of their last 20 games or something. 2nd last is within reach, catching Edmonton is going to take a lot of luck though

That's exactly why they scare the crap out of me. Once they sell off the Jagr's, etc. they'll really be up ****'s creek, and so will we.

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Dubnyk has provided stability to Arizona's net. Smith looks like an Oilers goaltender this season. Speaking of Dubnyk and the Oilers, they shouldn't have discarded him for one bad season after he gave what was then an awful defensive club three seasons of .915 goaltending.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
Dubnyk has provided stability to Arizona's net. Smith looks like an Oilers goaltender this season. Speaking of Dubnyk and the Oilers, they shouldn't have discarded him for one bad season after he gave what was then an awful defensive club three seasons of .915 goaltending.

You're killing me man. That is some funny **** right there. I'm dying. :laugh::laugh:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Also, how much do the Yotes regret that Smith deal? They had success taking big goaltenders off the scrap heap in Bryz and Smith. Unlike Bryz, they gave Smith the huge contract and now they're hitting again on Dubnyk.

Irving Zisman

Really Bad Grandpa
Nov 5, 2007
'Merica

I'll never know what the hell they were thinking with Dubnyk, either. A .915 on those Oilers teams is like .925-.930 on many others. But good thing they let him go, and clearly the goalie coach was the main problem with their goaltending this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad