Killington
Marner

Guys who could still be there but could be gone:

Zacha
Crouse

Barzal
Werenski
Rantanen

Guys who I imagine will almost certainly be there at #8 and will be virtually certain to go in the 1st round (likely all before pick #25):

J. Roy
Provorov
Sprong
Svechnikov
Konency
Merkley
Connor
White

Realistically picking in that range, I'd take the bolded. I'd also consider Greenway and Carlo depending on which end of the range they are picking. I also would really like to get back into the first or into the early second and take Filip Ahl.

TerrapinFlyers

Dec 5, 2014
Pennsylvania
So I think we're going to end up moving Coburn to a playoff contender giving us a pick in the 20 range. How would you guys feel about Brandon Carlo? I'd love to have him on the roster as he fills out that frame like Morin has.

kjbhockey

May 12, 2013
I really like Marner a lot. He is exactly what we need. Outside of Claude and Jake we don't have any players who can create their own offense. I think he's this years Ehlers. Will probably be there in the 7 to 10 range.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Took a glance at the Button list thread prospects board. I love how people rip him but he only was a NHL GM + scout for a very long time. It's strange when people think they know more than people like him. Not saying they are wrong but it's funny how they think their opinion are in line with his.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Took a glance at the Button list thread prospects board. I love how people rip him but he only was a NHL GM + scout for a very long time. It's strange when people think they know more than people like him. Not saying they are wrong but it's funny how they think their opinion are in line with his.

Kind of like when people think they know as much (or more) than Berube/Hextall/Homer/Stevens/Laviolette/whomever else in the Flyers organization? :laugh: :sarcasm:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Button has shown year after year as well that he is generally pretty spot on with where players will go... was his list over like a ~5 year period not the most accurate by some way over all the other combined scouting lists and individual experts lists?

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
I really like Marner a lot. He is exactly what we need. Outside of Claude and Jake we don't have any players who can create their own offense. I think he's this years Ehlers. Will probably be there in the 7 to 10 range.

There's absolutely no way that Marner lasts to 7-10. Hell, some people suggest he could go 3rd.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
The almost certainly list, yah that is impressive. But the could could list is impressive as well. And the could could list is where I believe we will be picking. And with a gm that is working on getting us the cup and our scouts hitting homeruns, this is gonna be exciting.
So what do we have for picks in this sexy draft? Is it 1,3,4,4,5,6?
I hope grossman recovers, stays healthy, so we can add to the list.

Yeh, we have:

Our 1st
San Jose's 3rd
Our 4th
Columbus's 4th
Our 5th
Our 6th
Our 7th

I would really like them to get a 2nd and another 3rd really. The 3rd is going to have some gems in this year I reckon.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Well if Grossmann has a concussion again we can pretty much bet there isn't much of chance he gets traded at the deadline. He has had problems in the past. I thought he could have got us a late 2nd rounder if a team was desperate enough. The major overhaul on defense either comes this summer or at the deadline next year where we have a good amount of players UFA eligible.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Wouldn't put money on that.

People don't like seeing change. I've noticed with hockey more than any sport. People hold on to the opinion of these kids when they are 15 and 16 and have a hard time letting it go.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Well if Grossmann has a concussion again we can pretty much bet there isn't much of chance he gets traded at the deadline. He has had problems in the past. I thought he could have got us a late 2nd rounder if a team was desperate enough. The major overhaul on defense either comes this summer or at the deadline next year where we have a good amount of players UFA eligible.

It looked like his right shoulder.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
He walked down the tunnel unable to hold his right shoulder up normally... so of course Seravalli jumps to concusssion.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Its not out of the question that he could have done both. The guy is made of glass.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
So I think we're going to end up moving Coburn to a playoff contender giving us a pick in the 20 range. How would you guys feel about Brandon Carlo? I'd love to have him on the roster as he fills out that frame like Morin has.

Yes, he's been discussed here quite a bit. A few of us are very interested.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Michigan (Werenski) & Minnesota are playing on the Big Ten Network at 6:30PM EST tonight.

Erie (McDavid & Strome) & London (Marner) are playing on the NHL Network at 7:30PM EST tonight.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
We need to get a second round pick for this year, someway-somehow, I'm sure Hexy is thinking similarly.

Shout out to Holmgrem! Smh.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Erie is skating circles around London.

Yeah Erie's on another level. London's got a pretty young backend, a lot of first year players.

They're pretty much looking towards next year with Marner likely being his last as well as Dvorak. They're also hoping some Americans come in Max Jones & Matthew Tkachuk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad