Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I figured I'd start this up since this year's draft looks to be a very noteworthy one not only at the top but beyond it & I don't want to clug up other threads.

-----------

I'm just getting done watching the USA Top Prospects. A ton of talent across the board for the Americans this year & it's not just coming from the development team like it does most other years. It could potentially break the 2010 draft for amount of first rounders.

I like Denis Yan, Brandon Carlo, & Jeremy Bracco as guys who could rise up the draft boards for the US.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
If there was ever a year for us to fall flat on our faces it would be this year. Imagine mcdavid and Giroux. Couts behind them. I secretly hope we do struggle and pick in the top 5. The only way we get there Is through injury though. Giroux, mason, couts, or Coburn go down for extended periods, this team is in trouble

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Secretly?

And you're hoping that our best players get injured, which is gross.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
If there was ever a year for us to fall flat on our faces it would be this year. Imagine mcdavid and Giroux. Couts behind them. I secretly hope we do struggle and pick in the top 5. The only way we get there Is through injury though. Giroux, mason, couts, or Coburn go down for extended periods, this team is in trouble

game over. game freakin over.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
Jeremy Bracco should be ranked in the top ten but won't be because he's small. Whoever picks him late in the first round will be getting a steal.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
My Finland/Sweden scouting so far for 2015:

Forwards:

Mikko Rantanen:

Could well be there when we pick, 6'4, 200lb winger who was playing in Liiga in his 15/16 season and was a PPG player aged 16 in u20s. I think he could be a boom or bust guy though, great skillset, size, hands etc, but while strong on his skates is not a fast skater, though for a big guy skates ok.

Gustaf Franzen:

Very solid hockey player, he is an early 2nd rounder in my eyes, I like what he does and he has a beautifully rounded game with very few holes in it. I think his ceiling is a great 2C who can get Selke votes and be a leader on the team. But I personally don't think he has elite offensive ability from the few games I have seen.

Einar Emanuelsson:

No clue where he will go... not really seen him listed anywhere tbh! Very good skater, great passer, good poise, all the tools to develop into an offensive gem. He is quite small though, at ~5'10 and 160lbs... but his big brother is 6'0 and 210 age 23, so I imagine he has more room to grow. He could be a classic european steal in the mid rounds.

Fredrik Forsberg:

Filips little bro. Very adept offensively, just comes naturally to him. Has 1st line potential IMO. Once again slightly small... but a bit of weight on his frame should not be too big a problem. If he goes mid-2nd there is potential for a steal.

Later round sleepers:

Jens Lööke, plays on Brynas with Lindblom, have liked what I have seen in his limited minutes, solid all round player who I think projects as a middle six guy, also Aleksi Saarela was talked about as a top 5 pick a year ago. Injuries, size and concerns his skating have made him now be talked as of a 2nd or even 3rd round player by some, and if he gets injured again or stagnates this year he could be a steal for someone. His hockey mind, hands and shot are elite. Boom or bust... but he has the natural ability to be a 1st line NHLer.

Defencemen:

Rasmus Andersson:

He is an interesting one, at one point seemed like he would be a top 15 pick but now looks likely to be a later 1st or 2nd rounder. Only saw him a few times but he is just such a solid all round player... this year in Barrie will be interesting though, as the guy has been a man-child since age 15, I think he likely makes the NHL unless he falls off a cliff as he has the skillset to and could stand it physically right now, (he did aged 16 when the lockout was on and he played vs a lot of NHLers) but I would be inclined to say he will be a #3-6 Dman, but he does have tools that make you think he could be a legit #1. Depending what he does this year could put him on the edge of the top 10 or in the mid 2nd.

Jesper Lindgren:

Never seen him play, I will be honest, but as a Modo fan what I have read... he could be really special, skating, passing, offensive instincts seem very developed. He is also not 'that' small, he is 6ft, but skinny as hell, I have seen him listed from 145lbs to 160lbs. He is another player that could be there early in the 2nd or be gone top 15. Erik Karlsson lite is being bandied around recently by the Swedish media... but that is a bit silly really at this stage, but he does have a great skillset.

Later round sleepers:

Joni Tuulola and Sebastian Aho... both overage Dmen who probably should have been picked up in the 2014 draft. Aho has a wonderful skillset but is small, his skillset is likely going to be NHL level, but will his size and D be is the question, upside is there though. Tuulola is just an allround guy with a good head on his shoulders who could be a decent bottom pairing guy down the line.

Goalie:

Felix Sandström:

Plays on Brynas again, he played half a game when the starter hurt himslef a few games back and made some outstanding saves. Not humongous but at 6'2 is big enough... he makes great reflex saves and can really move.

I did not put in Ahl as while he is a good player I don't really like him. I think his top end potential is overrated due to his size and strength.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't know why but I have a really good feeling about the lottery. I think if we miss the playoffs we would get McDavid or Eichel.

Otherwise, I want some type of offensive threat. And maybe a d-man in round two.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I normally don't care about what we draft (position wise) but we need to draft a goalie this year. We literally have the bare minimun just in numbers right now. I don't think adding a high quality one would hurt neither.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I normally don't care about what we draft (position wise) but we need to draft a goalie this year. We literally have the bare minimun just in numbers right now. I don't think adding a high quality one would hurt neither.

Yeah, I think they had every intention of drafting a goalie this year, but the run on tenders in the second round made that difficult. At that point, there was likely no goalie they could justify taking with any of their next picks.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, I think they had every intention of drafting a goalie this year, but the run on tenders in the second round made that difficult. At that point, there was likely no goalie they could justify taking with any of their next picks.

Hextall said they were targeting one in the second round but they (my guess Demko or MacDonald) were snatched up way before the Flyers were expecting. The quality of goalies weren't the greatest after the first three guys that went off the board (not even sure if Nedeljkovic was a target since he didn't fit mold of what the Flyers look for in a goalie).

It's too early to tell right now how this year's crop will be since most of these kids in juniors whether it be in Canada or Europe haven't had much oppurtunties to prove their worth yet.

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
Agree with hockey freak Jeremy Bracco after seeing him in the prospects game in Buffalo should be moving up into top 15. The kid developing and at 175lbs is solid and should be able to still grow. Has the ability to out score anyone in this draft. View his goals at the prospects game and tell me he is not talented. You should see the whole game kid should have had five points with just a little luck.

Haanz

Mar 2, 2013

Psuhockey

Nov 17, 2010
Travis Konecny at 12 and Jeremy Roy at 23 is just pure insanity IMO. I'm admittedly higher on them than most (they're both in my top 5) but I'm shocked to see them outside the top 10 on so many lists - even in a strong draft year like this. I would be ecstatic if they Flyers could land either player.

Outside of the top 3, the preseason lists have been all over the place. Regardless the Flyers should get a good prospect.

Jeremy Roy fills a need as a top notch right handed defenseman although the Flyers might be better off going forward in the 1st and drafting Rasmus Andersson or Brandon Carlo in the 2nd. Pavel Zucha if he falls would be great as would Colin White and Kyle Connor. If Couturier's offense doesn't develop and or Laughton's doesn't translate, Flyers will need a 2nd line scoring center.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
If the Flyers are picking outside of the top ten (which I assume they will be...or at least hope they will be), I'd have my sights on these five guys in no particular order:

Jordan Greenway
Lawson Crouse
Nicolas Roy
Gabriel Carlsson
Pavel Zacha

Would love to see them get a big guy up front, and Carlsson on the blueline would be nice. Who knows though. Like someone said, preseason lists are pretty much a crapshoot outside of the clear cut guys.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Travis Konecny at 12 and Jeremy Roy at 23 is just pure insanity IMO. I'm admittedly higher on them than most (they're both in my top 5) but I'm shocked to see them outside the top 10 on so many lists - even in a strong draft year like this. I would be ecstatic if they Flyers could land either player.

Konecny is really skilled but also really small. J. Roy has been all over the place. Button likes him. CSS has him as a second round pick.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I cannot imagine Rantanen going that high unless he has an insane year... I mean, I like the guy and think he would look nice in Orange and Black... but he has questions still. I think he goes in the #10-20 range. (most likely 10-15.)

Rich247

Sep 28, 2014
Never heard of him prior to a couple of days ago, but he looked really good in the prospects game.[/QUOTEBracco led usa ntdp u 17 in scoring with 74 points last year surpassed Patrick Kane record with 58 assist. Guess your only watching hockey in a bottle.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Never heard of him prior to a couple of days ago, but he looked really good in the prospects game.[/QUOTEBracco led usa ntdp u 17 in scoring with 74 points last year surpassed Patrick Kane record with 58 assist. Guess your only watching hockey in a bottle.
No, I'm just not paying much attention to the US NTDP, which I'm not sure why I should, given there is some much other hockey to follow. And I'm not really sure those U17 results are of much significance. Certainly, they don't hurt, but who cares if he surpassed Kane's record. As I said, I was impressed with him, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad