Official 2015 NHL Draft Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
just looking for opinions. Any regrets with Morin pick in 2013? I know we needed d but with a guy like Domi on the board as well as Morrissey? Would anyone have drafted differently if they had the choice?

Trying to think back about who I wanted at the time, but IIRC I don't think Morin was on that list. I was more interested in Pulock or Zadorov on defense, and probably Mantha/Domi/Shinkaruk as a forward (but I believe I was steadfast on getting a defenseman after going Laughton over Matta). Looking back I don't think there is any regret right now, but that could all change depending on how things shake out.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
No one taken behind Morin has made a real impact at the NHL level yet so really tough to have any regrets at this point.

I still think you need 4-5 years to get a real good gauge on the entirety of a draft in general.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I'm fine with it, and thankful they didn't get a chance to pick higher and take Morin when Ristolainen was still on the board. That would have been agonizing considering how he's been able to play big minutes as a teenager. Morin could still end up the better player five or ten years from now, of course.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Trying to think back about who I wanted at the time, but IIRC I don't think Morin was on that list. I was more interested in Pulock or Zadorov on defense, and probably Mantha/Domi/Shinkaruk as a forward (but I believe I was steadfast on getting a defenseman after going Laughton over Matta). Looking back I don't think there is any regret right now, but that could all change depending on how things shake out.
I wanted Ristolainen but he got picked before the Flyers had the chance.

I did NOT want Morin at the time. I have slowly warmed up though. Still don't think he is going to have the offense to be a #1 but I think he will be a good top 4 mobile shutdown dman that can move the puck, skate and play physical.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
just looking for opinions. Any regrets with Morin pick in 2013? I know we needed d but with a guy like Domi on the board as well as Morrissey? Would anyone have drafted differently if they had the choice?

Not really. We badly needed a defenseman.

I preferred Morrissey at the time and still do. He's a true 4 S defenseman, much like Sanheim.

Minus the size. His skating isn't all that great either. I think Theodore will be the better pro.

No one has mentioned Mueller yet. He seems like the one guy I'd consider swapping Morin for. He looked like a real big, athletic, stud in the WJC games I saw. He'll be a much more impactful NHL defenseman than Morrissey or Theodore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad