OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustard

Jan 26, 2011
Nashville
warnings got out too late. a pretty poor job by the weather folks of predicting it as well...
What makes the conditions for tornadoes to be bad is atmospheric volatility... And when it comes to volatility, it makes it neigh impossible to accurately predict these things in real time, even with the world's best tech. This things can literally go from nothing to F3 in under 60 seconds.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
This is about a mile and a half from me, across from the middle school which you can also see is destroyed. (I went there so that's a tough one). But the homes are more important.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Just saw the news. Used to live down there on 18th in Midtown, mile from the path...tons of wonderful memories of some the neighborhoods (and the people in them) that took this the hardest. Sitting at my desk tryna hide my tears, seeing a friend's old apartment complex and a couple old haunts in ruins broke me.

But you already know what a great damn city and state you have, and how hard it is to bring you guys down. Hoping for the best for ya'll.

Last edited:

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
With sincerity: Edmonton Oiler fan here. I’m really heartbroken for your community and I am so sorry for your losses. Speedy recovery for anyone hurt, and condolences to those who have suffered losses. You’ll emerge better and stronger. Edmonton knows how you feel and sympathizes. In 1987 an F4 tornado ripped through large parts of the city. It’s remembered as Black Friday locally.

Thoughts and prayers guys!

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Checking in. The area hit was close to my house but my immediate neighborhood and family are okay. No power, but we can deal with that. Thank you for your well wishes. I was moved to tears seeing that an old (1800's) church about 2 miles away was leveled. Just broke my heart. They don't make them like that anymore.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Up to 22 across the state, just rough. Luckily I've heard from all of my friends and family but 1 that lives in Cookeville so a bit worried about her, but otherwise everyone else seems to be ok.

Have one friend that lives in Mt. Juliet but she was out of town. Not sure what she will come back to find though.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Habs fan here. So sorry to hear of and see the devastation in Tennessee, specifically Nashville. One of my best hockey trips was to Nashville. Thoughts and prayers to the victims and their families.

With all of the talk about climate change and global warming one of the biggest questions I have: is weather going to become less predictable than ever?

Take care, everyone.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
Holy smokes, absolutely devastating to see the damage on the news. Prayers of healing for all you folks in Middle Tennessee!

Reactions: preds1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad