OT: Off Topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Channel 5 had some reporters out showing damage.

Seeing Germantown and parts of East Nashville very heavily damaged.

The Basement East is almost demolished.

I really hope not, but I bet the ballpark took some damage.

Last edited:

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
warnings got out too late. a pretty poor job by the weather folks of predicting it as well...
I know that they said some strong storms could come through, but no one really said anything about tornadoes. I didn't really even know anything was happening until I heard Darren on the post game show say something about the weather.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
I know that they said some strong storms could come through, but no one really said anything about tornadoes. I didn't really even know anything was happening until I heard Darren on the post game show say something about the weather.
yeah there was a little chatter but nothing to make anyone think that a tornado like that was coming through..

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
You should follow Nashville severe weather on Twitter. Guy was talking about supercells as early as this weekend and had this one specific supercell pegged as tornado probable way back before it even got to Davidson county.

Reactions: triggrman

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Yeah when I watched the news tonight they said it was a slight chance but didn't really make it sound like it was anything to worry about.

Hope everyone is ok.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
You should follow Nashville severe weather on Twitter. Guy was talking about supercells as early as this weekend and had this one specific supercell pegged as tornado probable way back before it even got to Davidson county.
i don't think the common person keeps up with twitter in any form.

kudos to that guy for nailing it like that though.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Apparently two people have died from it. Sad.
40+ buildings collapsed.

i am guessing the numbers and fatalies will continue to go up till tomorrow morning. it touching down right before 1 am is what makes it even more dangerous.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Man, this looks awful. Germantown got nailed hard, damn. I am staying there at an AIRBNB in a few weeks, sent the guy a message today to see how he is.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Holy shit. Went to bed last night pissed about the awful game and woke up to this horrific news. My wife's cousin posted a pic of her sons school that got destroyed in Mt juilet.

Hope all of you are safe and were spared damage.

LCPreds

Dec 8, 2013
TN
We heard some chatter about tornados while at the game last night. Didn't see anything on our weather app so went to bed without thinking about it. I know these things are tough to predict but it would be nice to know they go back and look at data to see if they could have done a better job getting the word out before people went to bed last night. Leverage it for next time.

hockey diva

RIP Pred303
Sponsor
May 17, 2010
Beleriand
I’m in west nashville and heard the sirens go off. I did not hear any roaring and my cats were behaving normally so I went back to sleep. :amazed: I had no idea what happened until I turned my phone back on this morning.

Prayers for everyone affected. I bet the Preds do a fund raiser at Thursday’s home game.

Nessa

Apr 5, 2019
Calgary
My thoughts are with those of you in Nashville this morning. I hope you & yours are all okay. The photos are unbelievable. :(

Reactions: preds1

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
idk, I watch local news multiple times throughout the day. They started with a low risk of Tornado in the days leading up, and about mid-day yesterday elevated the risk. Originally called for the system to move through between 10-12, then updated it to between 12-2, and repeatedly warned viewers to stay vigilant and be prepared.

The storm didn't have a long history to track either, it only really started forming in the Missouri bootheel, and then still only had en elevated risk of tornado, far from a certain thing. The formation didn't lead up to Nashville either, it formed on top of Nashville and moved through EN within 6 mins and into Lebanon within 20 mins.

So, idk what else anyone wanted to forecasters to do. They said be prepared between 12-2 and that's exactly when it hit, if you didn't heed the warning, that's nobody's fault but your own.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Talked to my friends who live just east of the river on a bluff just south of Two Rivers Park in Donelson Hills, said it was scary as they hunkered down in their basement. His business does not have power this morning but they are all safe. Hope everyone here and their loved ones are OK.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I'm in Mt Juliet and got spared but it was close. The middle school that got hit (where I went) is about a mile/mile and a half from me.

I know a guy in Donelson who said about half of his neighborhood is damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad