OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I don't play for that team (not that there's anything wrong with that :laugh:).

As far as the other part, I knew what you were referring to, thought you might have a funny spin on it...like you normally do :laugh:

There isn't anything funny other than how I knew Kate would react to me breaking her chops over it. Love it. 3 teams all tied at 4-1 so far in that league, so hopefully it will remain competitive through the season.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
I hate my eye doctor, she says I can't get contacts. Well there goes my dream of playing professional hockey. As far as I know glasses/ rec specs/ whatever aren't allowed in college and in the NHL/Euro leagues. I'm crushed right now

Last edited:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I hate my eye doctor, she says I can't get contacts. Well there goes my dream of playing professional hockey. As far as I know glasses aren't allowed in college and in the NHL/Euro leagues. I'm crushed right now

What about lasik surgery? Is that an option for you?

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
What about lasik surgery? Is that an option for you?

Nope. My eyes are too ****ed up. I find it stupid that college, the NHL and the Euro leagues (SM Liiga, Swedish leagues.. etc) don't allow glasses and sports goggles. Is there any reason why?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Yeah but he was struck by a puck and is like partially blind in one eye or something. If he can play why cant u.

Spoked-B

Nov 3, 2005
Southern NH
I hate my eye doctor, she says I can't get contacts. Well there goes my dream of playing professional hockey. As far as I know glasses/ rec specs/ whatever aren't allowed in college and in the NHL/Euro leagues. I'm crushed right now

How about worrying about learning to skate before you worry about whether or not you'll be able to use glasses in a game? ;) If you get good enough at hockey, they'll find a way to get you on the "roster". Not to be a buzzkill, but you are about 5ft away from the starting line of a marathon worrying about whether your shoes will hold up by the finish line. :) Just enjoy the journey.

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
How about worrying about learning to skate before you worry about whether or not you'll be able to use glasses in a game? ;) If you get good enough at hockey, they'll find a way to get you on the "roster". Not to be a buzzkill, but you are about 5ft away from the starting line of a marathon worrying about whether your shoes will hold up by the finish line. :) Just enjoy the journey.

Wise advice.

Go play and have fun. The rest will take care of itself.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Thaw are many jobs in hockey- only you are capable of crushing dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad