OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nose Face Killah

Dracarys
Dec 2, 2012
MA
Do you ever think "man I'm lucky to be alive?" Well, because I am. I almost died when I was a baby. I was supposed to be born June 10, 1997. I ended up being born February 16, 1997. Yup, 4 months early. My lung fully collapsed 2 months after I was born. Was almost not here with all of you today. My eyesight is pure **** because of me being born 4 months early. I'm almost legally blind in my left eye, and I have astigmatism. I'm so lucky to be here right now.

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Hey, I have an idea. If we crop the single leaf in Kovi's photo, it can be the new lucky spoon for this season. The leaf signifies the new younger Bruins and the tree is like the older veterans.

:dunno: My contribution to the symbolism discussion.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
honestly, you're better off buying the fresh baked grocery store raisin bread. it's a lot better when it's fresh, you only get a few days less than what you'd normally get if you spend ****ing 9 bucks for the stuff on the shelf, and you can leave it out overnight and have raisin bread french toast.

Bread pudding. Mmmmmmm......

Do you ever think "man I'm lucky to be alive?" Well, because I am. I almost died when I was a baby. I was supposed to be born June 10, 1997. I ended up being born February 16, 1997. Yup, 4 months early. My lung fully collapsed 2 months after I was born. Was almost not here with all of you today. My eyesight is pure **** because of me being born 4 months early. I'm almost legally blind in my left eye, and I have astigmatism. I'm so lucky to be here right now.

Yup every ****ing day, mister. Glad you made it. Any allergies?

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

You were meant to be here.

You must have been one tough kid to fight to live !

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007

I KNEW there was a reason we connected :)

Yep--I know that feelin.

and we are VERY glad you are here.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hey, I have an idea. If we crop the single leaf in Kovi's photo, it can be the new lucky spoon for this season. The leaf signifies the new younger Bruins and the tree is like the older veterans.

:dunno: My contribution to the symbolism discussion.

I like the leaf.
And usually I hate everything. So that's some leaf.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Glad you recognize this at such a young age. It will serve you well when something happens that appears big but in reality it's not. It will also allow you to appreciate some of the more wonderous things in life. So, you got a chance at life that maybe you shouldn't have, all the more reason to live it fully and make it count.
:)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Cant wait to watch Hostages on cbs tonight at 10. I feel like its great bonding time with my father. First it was '24' now its this show. :laugh:

Great suspense. I actually like it a lot. If you're looking for a show to watch tonight check it out. If you've got any parents they'll probably love it.

774EVER

& Now 374EVER
Bruins references all over the place in tonight's episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Robyn (The Canucks Fan) is just a little bitter. lol

Someone might have to upload this episode to youtube.

Oh and Johnny Lawrence of the one and only Cobra Kai's also makes an appearance.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

Lost a kidney when I was 11. It never worked properly but we didn't find out until I cracked some ribs in a little league practice and developed a fever and was passing blood a day later. 2 surgeries and several days in intensive care and I was lucky to have made it.

Cost me the opportunity to play hockey, aside from pick up and football.

Aside from that I've chose to avoid alcohol throughout my life because I always wanted to make sure I'd be a good candidate for a transfer if I ever need one.

Getting old is scary when you are missing a vital organ.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Isn't it just magical how a good day can turn to **** so quick?

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I as well almost died. Had a seizure or something as a baby. Maybe that's why I am so ****ed in the head. *shrug*

TMac21

Save us Sweeney
May 21, 2003
Cant wait to watch Hostages on cbs tonight at 10. I feel like its great bonding time with my father. First it was '24' now its this show. :laugh:

Great suspense. I actually like it a lot. If you're looking for a show to watch tonight check it out. If you've got any parents they'll probably love it.

Started watching it as well, first 2 episodes were pretty good.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Started watching it as well, first 2 episodes were pretty good.

Tonights ep was really good. Had to multitask it with watching the sox game on my phone. Really starting to get things going.

Let's hope it doesn't get canceled, otherwise I'll be pissed. :laugh:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Blueberry yogurt is awesome just wish I could eat the granola it comes with because that combo is awesome.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I am clearly losing my ever-loving mind.

In other news, "Hello Ladies" on HBO is the new awesome thing.

I watched a bit of that. "The Goldbergs" is fun & sweet.

Relative to another aspect of this thread, as Nixon would have it, "Let me say this about that."

I've learned to live in the present. Not in the past, nor the future. Rather a trick.

It is the sanest way to live, and allows the ancillary benefit of humble appreciation and continuous astonishment.

PS: Kindness & compassion, my fine friends; kindness & compassion. :)

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Bruins references all over the place in tonight's episode of How I Met Your Mother.

Robyn (The Canucks Fan) is just a little bitter. lol

Someone might have to upload this episode to youtube.

Oh and Johnny Lawrence of the one and only Cobra Kai's also makes an appearance.

Billy Zabka has been on that show a couple of times now. The bachelor party episode was pretty legen-wait for it-dary...:laugh:

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour

Good for you!

Yep...just about every day I tell myself I'm the second luckiest man ever.

Ringo Starr definitely holds the title of downright luckiest man ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad