OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 96824

I hate my eye doctor, she says I can't get contacts. Well there goes my dream of playing professional hockey. As far as I know glasses/ rec specs/ whatever aren't allowed in college and in the NHL/Euro leagues. I'm crushed right now

If thats truly your dream, why are you giving up 3 weeks in at the first sign of adversity?

No dream worth pursuing ever takes a straight path.

If it was easy we would all be NHL players and we'd make 11 bucks an hour.

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
If thats truly your dream, why are you giving up 3 weeks in at the first sign of adversity?

No dream worth pursuing ever takes a straight path.

If it was easy we would all be NHL players and we'd make 11 bucks an hour.

Oh man, Mrs. Jacobs is going to have a wild night if her hubby reads this.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Good for you!

Yep...just about every day I tell myself I'm the second luckiest man ever.

Ringo Starr definitely holds the title of downright luckiest man ever!

People make fun of Ringo but be assured the other Fabs thought highly of his solid if unspectacular play. I love the massive accents on "Ticket To Ride," and his work on "Rain" *is* spectacular. ("I reckon that's my best.")

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
This bus strike is ridiculous. They definitely planned it since the Mayor is retiring. I feel bad for the kids and parents. So selfish.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
People make fun of Ringo but be assured the other Fabs thought highly of his solid if unspectacular play. I love the massive accents on "Ticket To Ride," and his work on "Rain" *is* spectacular. ("I reckon that's my best.")

I am singing Octupus Garden to my dog right now- she is barking to it so I think she likes it.

btw- I am 99.9% certain after the Fab Four split the first Beatle to get a number one hit was Ringo- I think he had a couple.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I am singing Octupus Garden to my dog right now- she is barking to it so I think she likes it.

btw- I am 99.9% certain after the Fab Four split the first Beatle to get a number one hit was Ringo- I think he had a couple.

:laugh: Was Ringo your favorite Beatle Dan ? :)

I had a crush on Paul when I was in 6th grade.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

I just checked and you're slightly off, but only by a few months. Harrison's "My Sweet Lord" (released 11/70) became the first solo smash. Ringo followed in '71 with "It Don't Come Easy," John months later with "Imagine," and Paul with "Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey."

I was quite young at the time, but I remember them all.

I loved John's line about "My Sweet Lord:" "Every time I turn the on the radio it's on. I'm beginning to think there *is* a God!"

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
So is my chronic leg problem.

with all this dream talk I decided I need one myself and came up with a 5 day sports/food binge

tomorrow will take in the Bruins practice in Wilmington (but not before hitting my favorite donut shop in North Reading- He:heart:venly Donuts on the way (couple of vanilla and chocolate filled should do the trick) and afterwards going to either Clam Box (if no line) or down the street to my secret backup:p: Ipswich Clambake if there is a line at the CB (spectacular chowdah).

after a nap and some other family matters its off to my cooking class to learn how to make chicken cordon bleu:help:

Thursday going to the Bruins game

Friday its down to Providence to see the Baby Bruins and probably stop by Trinity for burger or loaded nachos and beers.

Saturday its a get together with a group of Bruins buds to watch the Bruins-Columbus game and head out afterwards to eat (hopefully Sox are playing as well that night- long shot would be at it, but 'there is a chance'

Sunday going to Pats with 5 buds- leaving at 9:30 for the Tailgate to end all Tailgates....I'm going to drive because a couple of my buds get so wasted (forty and with great families and jobs and they act like they are in Vegas for the day- then again, I was with Glorydaze one time in similar situation at a game and he did the same). I have a track record of knowing when to say when.

Monday going to the Bruins afternoon game

not exactly playing in the NHL and I realize this dream is not long term but its all I could come up with

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
with all this dream talk I decided I need one myself and came up with a 5 day sports/food binge

tomorrow will take in the Bruins practice in Wilmington (but not before hitting my favorite donut shop in North Reading- He:heart:venly Donuts on the way (couple of vanilla and chocolate filled should do the trick) and afterwards going to either Clam Box (if no line) or down the street to my secret backup:p: Ipswich Clambake if there is one.

after a nap and some other family matters its off to my cooking class to learn how to make chicken cordon bleu:help:

Thursday going to the Bruins game

Friday its down to Providence to see the Baby Bruins and probably stop by Trinity for burger or loaded nachos and beers.

Saturday its a get together with a group of Bruins buds to watch the game and head out afterwards to eat

Sunday going to Pats with 5 buds- leaving at 9:30 for the Tailgate to end all Tailgates....I'm going to drive because a couple of my buds get so wasted (forty and with great families and jobs and they act like they are in Vegas for the day- then again, I was with Glorydaze one time in similar situation at a game and he did the same). I have a track record of knowing when to say when.

Monday going to the Bruins afternoon game

not exactly playing in the NHL and I realize this dream is not long term but its all I could come up with

What time is practice tomorrow?

I'll come meet you.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I guess its only fitting that the same year my dog(Midnight) passes on my car(Midnight 2) stops working.

Crap Hondas

After 8 years and 102,000 miles it's done..............

:shakehead :(

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I guess its only fitting that the same year my dog(Midnight) passes on my car(Midnight 2) stops working.

Crap Hondas

After 8 years and 102,000 miles it's done..............

:shakehead :(

I like Hondas . I had a civic for 12 years...224,000 miles...sold it for $800.

Good Luck with the car stuff.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Transmission is dead. Family doesn't want to fix it cuz it would be the 3rd one. We have had a sneaking suspicion that Honda sold us a messed up car because it has had other problems too.

I am just sad cuz in reality my car wasn't just a car. It was a symbol of freedom and a statement of my own individual personality.

I am getting my fathers CRV probably.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
What time is practice tomorrow?

I'll come meet you.

10:30 according to the Bruins web site.....you want me to bring a cannoli for you?

I'll be to the left of center ice about 6 rows up with a Boston Globe sports page and will answer to 'Claude screwed Sobotka'

this forced work stoppage has me trying to find things to do:sarcasm:

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
So I have been feeling a bit groundless for a day or so......like i'm floating. I'm really disoriented and its like I'm in an alternate universe and I'm observing.

I feel really weird, but it isnt a bad feeling. I swear some kind of energy is moving. I feel like something is about to happen.....but it isnt forboding.

I go to CT on Monday to present, so my mind is sort of there already.

I dunno--it's extremely strange.

EverettMike

Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
10:30 according to the Bruins web site.....you want me to bring a cannoli for you?

I'll be to the left of center ice about 6 rows up with a Boston Globe sports page and will answer to 'Claude screwed Sobotka'

this forced work stoppage has me trying to find things to do:sarcasm:

Yes on the cannoli.

I'll see you at 10:30.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Transmission is dead. Family doesn't want to fix it cuz it would be the 3rd one. We have had a sneaking suspicion that Honda sold us a messed up car because it has had other problems too.

I am just sad cuz in reality my car wasn't just a car. It was a symbol of freedom and a statement of my own individual personality.

I am getting my fathers CRV probably.

So Hondas, crap or not? You contradict yourself like 18 times.

Also, sounds like you're being gifted automobiles. 1-I wouldn't call being given a car a statement of individual personality and 2-You take what you get and don't get upset.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

So Hondas, crap or not? You contradict yourself like 18 times.

Also, sounds like you're being gifted automobiles. 1-I wouldn't call being given a car a statement of individual personality and 2-You take what you get and don't get upset.

Hondas are crap. I haven't been gifted a car. I paid for my car along with my parents who also put some money in. I have paid for repairs and insurance. They have helped with that as well during the past 8 years. If I could afford another transmission I would fix it but my family doesn't think its worth the money and effort.

If I get my dads CRV as my next car I wouldn't really care. I would adapt to it and make it mine.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Well, we can agree to hate on Hondas. So there's that.

There was a time when I got my car everyone in the family had a honda

Mom - Odyssey
Father - CRV
Sister - Civic
Me - Civic

It was great on gas miles and I loved it cuz I personalized it to me. I will say when I first got it I was immature and didn't take care of it like I should have but for the past 4-5 years I have taken care of it.

I never really wanted a honda actually I wanted a Chevy. But my fam liked the Hondas then. They don't anymore mom has a VW.

Eh it's just a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad