Not open for further replies.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
There was a time when I got my car everyone in the family had a honda

Mom - Odyssey
Father - CRV
Sister - Civic
Me - Civic

It was great on gas miles and I loved it cuz I personalized it to me. I will say when I first got it I was immature and didn't take care of it like I should have but for the past 4-5 years I have taken care of it.

I never really wanted a honda actually I wanted a Chevy. But my fam liked the Hondas then. They don't anymore mom has a VW.

Eh it's just a bummer.

After a few suspension and electrical disasters on the VW, your parents will pine for the Hondas again.

If you need something eco-friendly, check out a ten-ish year old Corolla. I drove a 2005 for a couple years and as much as I hated it, I hated to love it as well. Only thing the wife or I ever replaced was a brake line...in 7 years. Then it was wrecked and I ended up with a 2006 Sentra. In comparison the Corolla kills the Sentra top to bottom.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

After a few suspension and electrical disasters on the VW, your parents will pine for the Hondas again.

If you need something eco-friendly, check out a ten-ish year old Corolla. I drove a 2005 for a couple years and as much as I hated it, I hated to love it as well. Only thing the wife or I ever replaced was a brake line...in 7 years. Then it was wrecked and I ended up with a 2006 Sentra. In comparison the Corolla kills the Sentra top to bottom.

Have had the VW wagon thing for like 3 years. It keeps going back to the dealer sometimes for service and sometimes it's messed up. My father was looking at some toyota. I forget the name it looks like a Chevy he said. I'll probably get his CRV which like I said I don't really mind I just would want to transfer my sound system over to it. I also need to transfer my school parking sticker to it.

I'm just sad my first car is dead and gone.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
with all this dream talk I decided I need one myself and came up with a 5 day sports/food binge

tomorrow will take in the Bruins practice in Wilmington (but not before hitting my favorite donut shop in North Reading- He:heart:venly Donuts on the way (couple of vanilla and chocolate filled should do the trick) and afterwards going to either Clam Box (if no line) or down the street to my secret backup:p: Ipswich Clambake if there is a line at the CB (spectacular chowdah).

after a nap and some other family matters its off to my cooking class to learn how to make chicken cordon bleu:help:

Thursday going to the Bruins game

Friday its down to Providence to see the Baby Bruins and probably stop by Trinity for burger or loaded nachos and beers.

Saturday its a get together with a group of Bruins buds to watch the Bruins-Columbus game and head out afterwards to eat (hopefully Sox are playing as well that night- long shot would be at it, but 'there is a chance'

Sunday going to Pats with 5 buds- leaving at 9:30 for the Tailgate to end all Tailgates....I'm going to drive because a couple of my buds get so wasted (forty and with great families and jobs and they act like they are in Vegas for the day- then again, I was with Glorydaze one time in similar situation at a game and he did the same). I have a track record of knowing when to say when.

Monday going to the Bruins afternoon game

not exactly playing in the NHL and I realize this dream is not long term but its all I could come up with

That's a great effing dream!

Dream on,

:handclap:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
with all this dream talk I decided I need one myself and came up with a 5 day sports/food binge

tomorrow will take in the Bruins practice in Wilmington (but not before hitting my favorite donut shop in North Reading- He:heart:venly Donuts on the way (couple of vanilla and chocolate filled should do the trick) and afterwards going to either Clam Box (if no line) or down the street to my secret backup:p: Ipswich Clambake if there is a line at the CB (spectacular chowdah).

after a nap and some other family matters its off to my cooking class to learn how to make chicken cordon bleu:help:

Thursday going to the Bruins game

Friday its down to Providence to see the Baby Bruins and probably stop by Trinity for burger or loaded nachos and beers.

Saturday its a get together with a group of Bruins buds to watch the Bruins-Columbus game and head out afterwards to eat (hopefully Sox are playing as well that night- long shot would be at it, but 'there is a chance'

Sunday going to Pats with 5 buds- leaving at 9:30 for the Tailgate to end all Tailgates....I'm going to drive because a couple of my buds get so wasted (forty and with great families and jobs and they act like they are in Vegas for the day- then again, I was with Glorydaze one time in similar situation at a game and he did the same). I have a track record of knowing when to say when.

Monday going to the Bruins afternoon game

not exactly playing in the NHL and I realize this dream is not long term but its all I could come up with

Seriously dude?

1) If I did act like we were in Vegas, shouldn't it stay in Vegas?

2) I did all my drinking before the game during tailgating, spread it out over 5-6 hours, and didn't have a drop once we left the parking lot. 4+ hours (and a lot of food later) later I was tired, but sober, and my biggest worry was staying awake driving when it was past my bedtime.

If someone is not driving, nothing wrong with partying like its 1999 once in awhile, as long as they are not a mean drunk.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Ughhh...

Have to report for Grand Jury Duty. I have a ton of stuff going on at work, so I really don't want to be chosen. Does that make me a bad person, or better yet, disqualify me from service? :laugh:

I look at the photo and see the inevitability of change...

Winter is coming.

Just tell the judge you hate everyone ! That should get you out of the jury duty ;)

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Have had the VW wagon thing for like 3 years. It keeps going back to the dealer sometimes for service and sometimes it's messed up. My father was looking at some toyota. I forget the name it looks like a Chevy he said. I'll probably get his CRV which like I said I don't really mind I just would want to transfer my sound system over to it. I also need to transfer my school parking sticker to it.

I'm just sad my first car is dead and gone.

Get a SpecV! :)

Roll 4 Lines

Pastafarian!
Nov 6, 2008
In The Midnight Hour
People make fun of Ringo but be assured the other Fabs thought highly of his solid if unspectacular play. I love the massive accents on "Ticket To Ride," and his work on "Rain" *is* spectacular. ("I reckon that's my best.")

I didn't mean to make fun of him, but I do think he's about as lucky as one could be.

Ringo kept flawless time, and he was a good drummer. I realize he was actually a very sought after drummer in England at the time.

I still say the boy was in the right place at the right time with the right looks.

Course, George could prolly be put in a similar category. Good but certainly not great when compared to the other 2.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Best way to get out of a funk?

HAIRCUUUUUUUUT. Peace out, hairs.

member 96824

Guy on the T is wearing a "Reverse the curse T"...but the years on it? 1986-2006.

Uhhhh guy?

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
Yes. God, what an awful show. It was No. 1 for a good while, too! :shakehead

No way. No, certainly not an Emmy contender but a lollapolloza of fun.

I cannot think of a single friend of mine growing up who didn't want to drive the General Lee.

That and well, the other entertaining things about that show.

Plus that theme song? Classic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad