OT: Off Topic Thread-Dannggg it's getting Chilly outside these nights

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamFan81

HF Snob Agitator
Mar 22, 2009
RI
Just got home from work and it's rainy and damp quite chilly.Going to grab the fleecy blanket and curl up on the coach and watch some television,checking to see if there is any NHL games to watch...if not can watch last nights B's game.

does he know about this :sarcasm:

MaineHockey1

Always watching!
Nov 13, 2007
Somewhere!
Just got home from work and it's rainy and damp quite chilly.Going to grab the fleecy blanket and curl up on the coach and watch some television,checking to see if there is any NHL games to watch...if not can watch last nights B's game.

Time to get the hot cider going and add a little whipped vodka!
I'm gonna take my Percosets and stare at Kovi's tree until it talks to me.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: ill take my pain meds too and join you...but it will not be at kovis tree...luv ya kovi but a little 22 might do the trick for me :naughty:

Bi Coastal Bawse*

316674_2352704409856_19450231_n.jpg

When I see this I visually sad endings and new beginnings. Maybe this is the view of an older man wearing a bowler(? hat) and is wearing a suit and holding one of those old suit cases. He has just gotten out of a long marriage or has just been made to retire from a job he has worked all of his adult life at. He was on a bus and told the bus driver to drop him off where we are in the picture. Perhaps the leaf we see just fell and he looks at it with one single tear rolling down his cheek. He looks down the road to his future in a place where nobody knows him and he can start fresh.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
sad endings and new beginnings.[/QUOTE]

sad/joy

there it is.....

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
This thread title guaran-****ing-tees Robert Terwilliger is going to come in here and make some snide comment about how "cold" it is in Florida, and how it is expected to drop below 80 next month.

I'd like to pre-tell him to go **** himself.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

When I see this I visually sad endings and new beginnings. Maybe this is the view of an older man wearing a bowler(? hat) and is wearing a suit and holding one of those old suit cases. He has just gotten out of a long marriage or has just been made to retire from a job he has worked all of his adult life at. He was on a bus and told the bus driver to drop him off where we are in the picture. Perhaps the leaf we see just fell and he looks at it with one single tear rolling down his cheek. He looks down the road to his future in a place where nobody knows him and he can start fresh.

good....I see a man wanting to start anew sitting in the bus starring out the window waiting for it to depart and leave everything behind- his thoughts of his life interrupted by a single leaf twisting gently in the wind outside the window...any moment it could fall leaving the tree completely bare but as the bus departed it remained. When the bus dropped him off at his request in the middle of nowhere hours later and drove off, he looked down and there was the leaf lying by his feet.

He realized then he could never completely leave the past behind

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport

Flowers scare me, so this is more my speed.

I looked at this and thought of the Robert Frost poem "The Road Not Taken." I'm sure most of us know the work. It looks desolate and lonely, perhaps scary and intimidating at first view, but in a different mindset you see non-conformity, opportunity, individualism, the chance to become a trail blazer and leave your own unique imprint on that road that no one else will be able to duplicate.

Two roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim
Because it was grassy and wanted wear,
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same

....or something like that.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ughhh...

Have to report for Grand Jury Duty. I have a ton of stuff going on at work, so I really don't want to be chosen. Does that make me a bad person, or better yet, disqualify me from service? :laugh:

I look at the photo and see the inevitability of change...

Winter is coming.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Back to work today:( I do feel renewed and ready to put my foot down and make a few changes. The biggest change is only working 7 hours per day (we work a 35 hour work week).

Once I do this, I can get back on track with eating and exercise.

Ned Bouhalassa

Mar 2, 2008
Montreal
Robert Frost quoted in our forum? Man, we Bruins' fans sure are classy! :yo:

It's even colder here, in the heartland of the enemy...

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
That picture is gorgeous, Kovi.

Makes me think that just up around that bend is an evening that would begin with hot-mulled cider by a fire.

thank you.

and God, I hope so...because I'm driving back there then..:sarcasm:

This is upstate New York somewhere, right over the VT border. I was on a workshop.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
This ******* blows. Apparently, not only is it my civic duty to show up for jury duty, it's also my civic duty to be psychic and know that all the parking meters and kiosks in the vicinity of the courthouse only accepts silver change, and not dollar bills, credit or ATM cards. Now I'm looking at a parking ticket as well as my time today.

I don't foresee good things happening for me today :laugh:

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I am in bad headspace because of something that happened at work late last week. I need to get out of it, and don't know how.

Ugh.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
This ******* blows. Apparently, not only is it my civic duty to show up for jury duty, it's also my civic duty to be psychic and know that all the parking meters and kiosks in the vicinity of the courthouse only accepts silver change, and not dollar bills, credit or ATM cards. Now I'm looking at a parking ticket as well as my time today.

I don't foresee good things happening for me today :laugh:

Well it is Monday. Nothing good ever happens on a Monday. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->