• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
This isn't entirely inaccurate.

Even the bottom half of teams that made the playoffs are grossly unimpressive. It was a really top heavy league this year.

The last eight and on should be pretty entertaining.
This is one the main reasons I don't mind us so much coasting right now. I wanna see Fox and Panarin turn the dial up next round.

Honestly, the biggest things by far for me this round, in no order is
1. Igor's game elevating
2. Zib's game elevating
3. Goodrow's game elevating
4. Cuylle being ready

I was never worried at all about Kreider, Trocheck, or really any of our D

Wtp99

May 8, 2021
The capitols have gone from a semi scary skilled team to a bunch of sad goons.
Sure it’s possible that they steal one but most likely not. They are looking old.kind of reminds me of watching the movies if Babe Ruth at the end of career.sad just hoping to hold on. But one thing about hockey players, they will give 100%of what they have left in the tank.
That being said the Rangers played a very smart road game against a desperate team trying not to have a stranglehold hold on put on them.

Reactions: egelband

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
If we sweep these goes, knowing the NHL, we're gonna have like a month and a half off (even though the matchup would be set).

I would let Chytil have the extra time off.
I'm getting married on Saturday, May 11, in Raleigh lol

My family is all Rangers fans. The scheduling has the potential to be funny

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Feels like the inverse of last year
2022 is when the East was absolutely insane.

Florida and Carolina were pretty much what they are now, the Rangers were a bit worse but still a high seed, plus Pittsburgh was still Pittsburgh and Tampa was still Tampa. The Bruins were a wildcard. Even the 8 seed Capitals had 100 points and Ovechkin was still a 50 goal guy.

It fell off a bit last year. The Bruins were always a bit of a paper tiger and Carolina pretty much had a double bye in the Metro.

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I don't mind waiting till the Canes series for Chytil (but I'd rather not) but not some wait till we lose BS

If we sweep I play him G1. If we do lose Sunday then I play him G5. There's really no reason to be waiting at this point.

Replace Roslovic or Rempe

Reactions: Jaromir Jagr

Alluckks

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
He has 0 SOG over the last 2 games.

Outside of doming Oshie, what has he done?
I think you're both right

I think he mentally stepped back offensively minded from where he was in Game 1 based on the game flow that Washington likes to play towards. It may also be some of what Lavi has been coaching up in practice to get through the series in the easiest fashion.

He has still been very engaged. I don't see a coasting player at all. I'm hoping he turns it up with the offensive pressure and attempts, even if it means giveaways, in the next series and beyond.

AKrangerfan

Apr 18, 2012
Anchorage
I was not a fan of Roslovic in the regular season but he has stepped it up for the playoffs.

Wennberg is obviously hurt. This was his worst game.

I dislike Goodrow's contract as much as anybody but he steps it up big time for the playoffs. This is why he got that contract. He has more goals on the Caps PP than Ovi does.

Everyone is talking about Rempe's penalty but the real crime was the calls on Goodrow and Cullye. Those were just normal everyday hits.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I don't mind waiting till the Canes series for Chytil but not some wait till we lose BS

If we sweep I play him G1.

Replace Roslovic or Rempe

I'd keep Rempe in even though I fear how he'd do against the Carolina forecheck.

Punishing Slavin should be a focal point and no one will do it better than him.

Will he get whistled for shit that is not a penalty? Probably, but it'll make a difference.

If anyone deserves to come out of the lineup right now its Wennberg or mr. 11.6. It won't be the latter and as non impactful as hes been he should stay in because if he decides to show up it would make a huge difference.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He has 0 SOG over the last 2 games.

Outside of doming Oshie, what has he done?
He's tried to make plays but Washington is not allowing him much space it seems. He set up Laf with a nice play late in this game also. He hasn't turned the puck over or done anything egregious. I'm not worried about him or Fox. I think the points will come.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
You are a hater. He has been engaged. He just hasn't produced yet. You couldn't wait to shit on the guy and all it took was 2 games. The Rangers top goal scorer has 2 goals. Trocheck 2, Goodrow 2, Kreider 2.
He hasn’t been engaged, he’s not set anyone up, and he has zero shots on goal I believe the last two games. To be fair the Rangers as a team have generated basically nothing but he’s supposed to be the guy. He’s been shut down and it’s a pattern going back every playoff run he’s had as a Ranger.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
He's tried to make plays but Washington is not allowing him much space it seems. He set up Laf with a nice play late in this game also. He hasn't turned the puck over or done anything egregious. I'm not worried about him or Fox. I think the points will come.

If a drop pass is the highlight of a feature player in the lineup over 2 games thats not a good thing.

He was horrendous vs NJ last year and generated more offense in that series than he has thus far (He was bad, but the the 0 points in the final 6 was basically voodoo.)

We're going to need him to be way better next round.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Rempe is a load. He runs over people. Lindros use to do that. Byfuglien use to do that. It's huge size and strength, speed, momentum. It's pretty insane that he can do what he's doing at 21 years old. He's going to get heavier and he's going to become a better skater. Other teams are going to hate him and their fans are going to hate us. Better embrace it because it's going to happen. To some degree even with his limited ice time he's changed the course of our season and looks like our future in a very positive way.

Going forward I can't see taking him out of the lineup in these playoffs. He's too much of an X factor. Wilson wanted to fight him tonight. Wilson has been the best Caps player in the series--the most points, the most chances to score, the most physical player on his team and he was willing to put all that on the line to try to quiet down a 4th liner who's getting the least amount of minutes because he's making such an impact in just that little bit of time. Rempe could be an X factor against Carolina too. To me the real strength of the Canes is their 1 through 6 D. Playoff series are about attrition and Rempe on the forecheck is a nightmare for defensemen.

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
It's not the timespan. He was 8 feet behind the guy when he passed the puck.

You can finish a check. You can't skate all the way up to the guy and start a check. It was as obvious as a penalty gets.
It’s time, not distance. Puck wasn’t even gone for a second. That’s a clean hit. 8 feet can be covered in a split second even when a player is gliding. If they want to take hitting completely out of the game, this is the recipe. I’ll stop watching hockey if they do though. If I want to watch figure skating actual figure skaters are much better at it.

I counted “one-one-thou” from puck out to hit. Seems pretty bang bang. Bisonette and Gretz both called it clean too.
Because it WAS clean.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
He hasn’t been engaged, he’s not set anyone up, and he has zero shots on goal I believe the last two games. To be fair the Rangers as a team have generated basically nothing but he’s supposed to be the guy. He’s been shut down and it’s a pattern going back every playoff run he’s had as a Ranger.
Yes he has been engaged this series. He just hasn't produced yet. Neither has Fox. Doesn't mean they both won't though. He played a good game 1 so that makes a whole 2 games that he hasn't produced. Washington has been giving him very little time and space it seems to me. They are good at low event hockey. Rangers are 3-0. They are doing what they are supposed to do which is win. Nothing to complain about in my book. Pace and game plan will be different against Carolina.

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
It’s time, not distance. Puck wasn’t even gone for a second. That’s a clean hit. 8 feet can be covered in a split second even when a player is gliding. If they want to take hitting completely out of the game, this is the recipe. I’ll stop watching hockey if they do though. If I want to watch figure skating actual figure skaters are much better at it.

Because it WAS clean.
Any time a Ranger hit a Cap it was a penalty. It was absurd. This officiating this entire series has been as bad as I can remember. Good thing the Rangers have as many goals on the Caps PP as they do.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I'm getting married on Saturday, May 11, in Raleigh lol

My family is all Rangers fans. The scheduling has the potential to be funny

Congrats!

Feel like this is as good a time to share this as any (not trying to overshadow, but just piggy backing)

Screen Shot 2024-04-27 at 1.05.39 AM.png

Little GAP is on their way.

mti79

May 11, 2007
The Igor disrespect to even attempt a goalie goal in the playoffs tells the whole story.

PCE OVI
I think it was going in. I watched it way too many times while analyzing it. Made my wife watch for her opinion she she shook her head and walked away. I cash only assume that meant it would've been a goal so I chugged another beer. Let's go boys!!!!

Reactions: FUZfan and Greg02

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
I think it was going in. I watched it way too many times while analyzing it. Made my wife watch for her opinion she she shook her head and walked away. I cash only assume that meant it would've been a goal so I chugged another beer. Let's go boys!!!!

It may have been off the stick but it caught a glove in the DZ and was 1000000% going wide by the time OV knocked it down.

There was a good replay from behind the net that they showed, it would have missed by 10 feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad