OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

Oh dear. How embarrassing!

The F-16 is one of my favorites. Seen it fly a couple of times at airshows and its agility is remarkable. That single big engine packs a real punch too. It's amazing as well that a plane that, while upgraded multiple times since, is still essentially based on 1970s tech can still match it in combat with just about anything else going around.

Reactions: BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I miss scallops.

Scallops are amazing. Can't go wrong with most seafood really. In my little coastal part of the world blue mussels are our speciality - they're grown in underwater farms in our local bay. Can usually just pop down to the pier where they bring them in and buy them cheap by the pound. Steam them with some white wine, herbs, butter and shallots and they're delicious.

Reactions: BMC and GordonHowe

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Scallops are amazing. Can't go wrong with most seafood really. In my little coastal part of the world blue mussels are our speciality - they're grown in underwater farms in our local bay. Can usually just pop down to the pier where they bring them in and buy them cheap by the pound. Steam them with some white wine, herbs, butter and shallots and they're delicious.

I've actually been surprised by the fish and chips in AZ. It's pretty good. Havent tried any other seafood. Having grown up near Boston, I'm just too afraid. :)

Hope you are doing ok my friend.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I'm fortunate in that I am still working and likely will continue to be throughout. Hell I'm not only working, I got a promotion two weeks ago with a raise and got another raise, retroactive to last week, today! Woot woot. I guess I'm pretty good at what I do :)

The weekends are spent here at home, I don't feel I can complain only being home bound 48 hrs. I made oatmeal craisin cookies and a bundt carrot cake this weekend.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I've actually been surprised by the fish and chips in AZ. It's pretty good. Havent tried any other seafood. Having grown up near Boston, I'm just too afraid. :)

Hope you are doing ok my friend.

I can certainly understand that! Can personally vouch that the seafood anywhere along the New England coast is fantastic.

I'm well thank-you. Staying healthy and my wife and I are both fortunate to have employment that isn't at risk from the pandemic. So just being sensible and carrying on as best we can. How are you and Mr Kovi going?

Reactions: Kovi

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
I'm fortunate in that I am still working and likely will continue to be throughout. Hell I'm not only working, I got a promotion two weeks ago with a raise and got another raise, retroactive to last week, today! Woot woot. I guess I'm pretty good at what I do :)

The weekends are spent here at home, I don't feel I can complain only being home bound 48 hrs. I made oatmeal craisin cookies and a bundt carrot cake this weekend.
Congrats!!

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this was weird but today at work i seriously thought today was friday and it was october.

i think its because of a combination of zero sports. no more thursday nite mens hockey for me. and because it didnt feel like we had a winter this year.
weird

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
this was weird but today at work i seriously thought today was friday and it was october.

i think its because of a combination of zero sports. no more thursday nite mens hockey for me. and because it didnt feel like we had a winter this year.
weird
Last week, I made a cocktail with pumpkin baileys and I posted it on snapchat saying "a perfect fall cocktail in March." It kinda feels like limbo. No idea what season it is or it should be.

Reactions: Kovi and DKH

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Love scallops

My two baked scallops go to are Hardcover (at the bar) and Grassfields in Andover.

On the list
Grassfields in Andover were the BEST scallops I ever had, EVER, and I would walk through fire for them.

And while I am walking through fire, I will take a detour to Su Changs......because dumplings in AZ suck.

Is Hardcover still open? I was hot and cold with that place.

Hope you and the kid are doing well. Hey Julia!

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Grassfields in Andover were the BEST scallops I ever had, EVER, and I would walk through fire for them.

And while I am walking through fire, I will take a detour to Su Changs......because dumplings in AZ suck.

Hope you and the kid are doing well. Hey Julia!

That place is fire.

Reactions: Kovi

The Hajj

Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
Boise, Idaho
I'm sure a lot of you have seen it in person plenty of times, but this sounds interesting...

THANK YOU BRUINAURA !!!

I am having my employees watch the virtual tour as I have told them many stories of going to see Old Ironsides when I lived in Methuen.
We are going to do an early lunch while viewing the show. It comes on at 11 here in Idaho.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I have a massive cribbage winning streak going.

My wife; my brother in law (who is staying with us till he finds a new place to live); and my mom (who isn’t terribly mobile, and I’ve been helping out since her hip surgery in January) have all been losing to me - and losing big. I’ve been playing about a dozen games a week and haven’t lost since the beginning of March.

So, I have a question for any cribbage players here: have any of you ever seen or had a 29-point hand?

I’ve come close with 28. Three fives and the queen of spades in my hand, and the five of spades as the turn-card. SO CLOSE!!!

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Just watched some Frozen II with my wife and kid... Dogshit. Astounding.

girlfriend decided to queue that up last night once the kids were asleep. I said nah and just watched bruins highlights on my phone. I guess i made the right choice.

i don’t hate Frozen 1 either

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad