OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I have been listening to an Australian and a New Zealand Rock radio station quite often in the past year on my Sonos system. It has introduced me to a great variety of music I never heard before and I am surprised at how much Canadian music they play. Good stuff.

Glad to hear it! Is the station Triple J?

My fav Canadian bands are Alexisonfire and Arcade Fire. So my theory is if it's from Canada and has 'fire' in it then it's probably good!

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Glad to hear it! Is the station Triple J?

My fav Canadian bands are Alexisonfire and Arcade Fire. So my theory is if it's from Canada and has 'fire' in it then it's probably good!
Rebel FM. I never heard of Develskin from NZ before and quite like them. I will try to find triple J sometime. I hear a lot of Bachman Turner Overdrive from them.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Since we were talking about movies a couple hours..ummm... Days? Weeks? ago, came across this, for all you Princess Bride fans...

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Had a couple of small meltdowns but all is okay....I want to just get out of town for a belated birthday trip but no dice....we get a couple of grocery shopping days a week so cabin fever isn't too bad....puppers keeping me entertained and busy.... cleaning off the DVR too...

*Hugs*

Reactions: eightspokedb

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Rebel FM. I never heard of Develskin from NZ before and quite like them. I will try to find triple J sometime. I hear a lot of Bachman Turner Overdrive from them.

Oh ok cool.

NZ well and truly punches above its weight in producing a lot of quality bands from a tiny population of just 5 million.

If you like your hard rock then the Kiwi band to check out if you haven't already is Shihad. 30 years and counting of rock greatness.

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
Oh ok cool.

NZ well and truly punches above its weight in producing a lot of quality bands from a tiny population of just 5 million.

If you like your hard rock then the Kiwi band to check out if you haven't already is Shihad. 30 years and counting of rock greatness.
Never heard tell of Shihad but after a quick listen, they sound pretty good.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
All virtual nose boops accepted :)

Daisy

20200329_183517.jpg

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
They STILL haven't paid me for the game I won before HQ exploded. Meh, it was some insignificantly small number. Healthy Quarantine at 9 PM EST, here we come!

The Aussie music talk is taking me back to the summer of 1988. I might have to put on some Icehouse. Embrace the mullet - we're all growing them now, whether we want to or not.

Now there's an idea. Time to crank Electric Blue on the stereo and drift along on those wonderful nostalgic 80s synth waves. What better way to pass the time?!

Reactions: talkinaway

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Not everyone is able to cope with the onslaught of bad news on every news channel.

A little levity for those who need it.

lIS98uF.gif

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I am a 103 electrician. Got laid off about a week and a half ago. Been with my company for 8 years, hopefully I can get back with them when the world returns to normal, but the economic outlook has my hair turning gray faster than it should. Luckily my wife is considered essential. The mental health field is absolutely necessary right now. So she has some job security.

I have been mostly working around the house. Just bought in January and it needs some serious updating. So that’s what’s been keeping me busy.

Good to see a fellow brother here! My wife and I are in the same boat. Congratulations on the new house.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Now there's an idea. Time to crank Electric Blue on the stereo and drift along on those wonderful nostalgic 80s synth waves. What better way to pass the time?!

Not sure if he`s still active on the scene there but I put on Paul Kelly/Neil Finn of Crowded House`s Live at the Sydney Opera House yesterday, such a phenomenal performance

15-20 years ago, worked with this terrific girl at a restaurant and a bunch of us went to her place to pre-drink and she played Paul Kelly and that was it for me, have so much of his stuff downloaded

This was the first tune of his she played but I found out quickly he`s far more of a folk singer than a rocker

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
OK, you'd really have to hit new levels of boredom to look through this, but I've finished cataloging all my records, cd's, and most of my cassettes. It was a fun project. If I get desperate enough, I'll sell some of my collection. Just not the Gordon Lightfoot stuff!

Check out bpick999's music collection on Discogs
man do I wish I still had a collections of tapes/vinyl etc...but unfortunately, during my drinking days, due to terrible negligence and disrespect on my behalf, too often found myself doing midnight moves to avoid paying supers/landlords and left a ton of things behind.

I am however grateful that since I put the drugs and booze aside, I have never needed to make one of those moves:thumbu:

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
man do I wish I still had a collections of tapes/vinyl etc...but unfortunately, during my drinking days, due to terrible negligence and disrespect on my behalf, too often found myself doing midnight moves to avoid paying supers/landlords and left a ton of things behind.

I am however grateful that since I put the drugs and booze aside, I have never needed to make one of those moves:thumbu:

That’s wonderful, really. I can’t explain how nice it is to see someone who is overcoming their demons and is continuing to battle. Much respect to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad