OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Not sure if he`s still active on the scene there but I put on Paul Kelly/Neil Finn of Crowded House`s Live at the Sydney Opera House yesterday, such a phenomenal performance

15-20 years ago, worked with this terrific girl at a restaurant and a bunch of us went to her place to pre-drink and she played Paul Kelly and that was it for me, have so much of his stuff downloaded

This was the first tune of his she played but I found out quickly he`s far more of a folk singer than a rocker

"Don't Dream It's Over" is one of my favorites. Original, acoustic, extra-crispy - any way you slice it, it's one of my favorites.

And related to the Aussie kick, one of the last movies I saw in an actual movie theater was a documentary of INXS's Michael Hutchence. Such talent, and such a sad ending to his story. I always have to double-take whenever we play the Jets and I hear "Michael Hutchin...son".

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
"Don't Dream It's Over" is one of my favorites. Original, acoustic, extra-crispy - any way you slice it, it's one of my favorites.

And related to the Aussie kick, one of the last movies I saw in an actual movie theater was a documentary of INXS's Michael Hutchence. Such talent, and such a sad ending to his story. I always have to double-take whenever we play the Jets and I hear "Michael Hutchin...son".
Loved INXS, was fortunate enough to have seen them live, terrific concert, Crowded House was terribly under rated

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That’s wonderful, really. I can’t explain how nice it is to see someone who is overcoming their demons and is continuing to battle. Much respect to you!
thx so much, did it with an outpouring of love and support from, at that time, were complete strangers. 15 years drug/alcohol free April 3rd but can only live one day at a time.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Not sure if he`s still active on the scene there but I put on Paul Kelly/Neil Finn of Crowded House`s Live at the Sydney Opera House yesterday, such a phenomenal performance

15-20 years ago, worked with this terrific girl at a restaurant and a bunch of us went to her place to pre-drink and she played Paul Kelly and that was it for me, have so much of his stuff downloaded

This was the first tune of his she played but I found out quickly he`s far more of a folk singer than a rocker

Yep, Paul Kelly is still going strong. Wonderful musician and songwriter. Glad he's got some appreciation from far away. Crowded House and anything involving the Finn brothers are also top quality.

Reactions: trenton1

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Rewatching Banshee and currently watching Ozark, Homeland and Better Call Saul.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ

I got to see Crowded House back in college at a little playhouse in West Philadelphia. So, So good! And of course @Kovi and I played "Something so Strong" as our final song at the weeding last summer.

Reactions: Aussie Bruin

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Rewatching Banshee and currently watching Ozark, Homeland and Better Call Saul.

Love Saul, love New Mexico.

I think Better Call Saul is one of those shows that you have to wait until all episodes are out and then watch one episode after another. It's pretty slow and you capture the mood better this way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Glove Malfunction

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I got to see Crowded House back in college at a little playhouse in West Philadelphia. So, So good! And of course @Kovi and I played "Something so Strong" as our final song at the weeding last summer.
We pulled up crabgrass. (hence the song title) you guys shoulda been there. I wore a pretty dress.

:sarcasm:

Reactions: Mr Irish

WestCoastBruinsFan

Oct 30, 2008
Victoria, BC
I guess I am the odd person out here. I am listening to Billy Talent, Megadeth, Dead Weather, Dead Daisies and Iron Maiden. I live very close to Andrew (ODAAT) as I expect he walks his dog past my house often. I wanted to tell that I met the first Australian hockey fan of my life most of the way up Mt Fuji in Japan. Interesting times.

Reactions: BMC

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Sopranos almost done, i am watching The Office next.

i started to rewatch the office again for the millionth time but later seasons

Ed Helms was still a horrible choice to replace Michael. Can’t stand the Andy character. Robert California is horribly underrated. Wish James Spader and Kathy Griffin had more appearances.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Still working here on the commercial solar systems I work on... But I only see the one other commercial tech in upstate NY that I work with... and we are usually in the middle of nowhere in the woods... tomorrow working ontop of some water towers but still no ones going to be there but us 2 and the city worker that drives up and opens the gate for us to gain access... I feel somewhat blessed but still somewhat sketched out here and there stopping to gas up my work truck and whatnot.

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
Hey guys, me again. What better time than to read HF at 3am when you can't sleep. I've missed the community here.

Last day of work for me was the 14th at my new serving job, which I got in February for extra income while keeping my other job by the TD Garden. The new job's grand opening was supposed to be the 16th but didn't happen. Up until that last week, I was working non-stop between both jobs... then everything came to a screeching halt.

My other job closed down when the NBA/NHL announced they were postponing their seasons. I honestly think my job by the TDG will end up being a loss. It was already struggling, along with other bars in the neighborhood because of Banners, and it probably won't be worth it in the long run for the company. It will really depend on what happens with the NBA/NHL and that scares me.

So it's day 16 at home for me. I really should have saved Tiger King for at least day 20. And I promise, next time I post that it won't be a novel. ;)

Hope everybody is staying safe and healthy. Prayers to whoever is battling covid-19 and strength to everybody who is worried about others in their lives. We all need to come out on the other side of this together.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
i started to rewatch the office again for the millionth time but later seasons

Ed Helms was still a horrible choice to replace Michael. Can’t stand the Andy character. Robert California is horribly underrated. Wish James Spader and Kathy Griffin had more appearances.

I am a huge fan of English version, David Brent is the best.

Christmas Special episodes were amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad