OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
So on Prime we've seen Bosch, which I dig but the wife does not. I've also read the books though. Sneaky Pete, Goliath, Jack Ryan (Is awesome) The Boys (again, awesome) Red Oaks (hilarious), Fleabag (was really funny), Catastrophe (tremendous)and several others that are older now.

We were thinking about ripping Vikings and that new show Upload, but don't know much on either.

Netflix we've seen: Orange is the new black, Stranger things, most of the marvel shows (Jessica Jones was great) Sens8, Narcos, The OA, Ozark, Altered Carbon, The Haunting, Black Summer (was a lot of fun), The Ranch, Trailer Park Boys, Santa Clarita Diet, GLOW, Russian Doll, Living with yourself, Big Mouth, and The End of the f***ing World (another really good show).

If you get Hulu, it's worth it alone for 8 seasons of Letterkenny. Easily one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Plus you can bundle with Disney Plus for short $$$.

Vikings is very good. I've only seen the first four seasons, but my understanding is that the 5th and 6th seasons aren't as good. I'm not sure how much of a history buff you are, but I liked The Man in the High Castle, which just finished last fall.

For Netflix, I assume when you say Narcos that you mean both the original and Mexico. I'd add Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, and The Crown. I haven't seen American Vandal, but that's supposed to be good, though silly and sophomoric. I only saw season 1 of Bloodline, and heard the 2nd and 3rd seasons weren't as good, but the first season is very good and kind of works as a minseries, so you don't really have to keep watching.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Vikings is very good. I've only seen the first four seasons, but my understanding is that the 5th and 6th seasons aren't as good. I'm not sure how much of a history buff you are, but I liked The Man in the High Castle, which just finished last fall.

For Netflix, I assume when you say Narcos that you mean both the original and Mexico. I'd add Peaky Blinders, Mindhunter, and The Crown. I haven't seen American Vandal, but that's supposed to be good, though silly and sophomoric. I only saw season 1 of Bloodline, and heard the 2nd and 3rd seasons weren't as good, but the first season is very good and kind of works as a minseries, so you don't really have to keep watching.

Yes about Narcos! Forgot Mindhunter and Peaky! Hard to remember all that off the top of my head!! Wanted to see Bloodline, but never got around to it for some reason. I'm a huge history buff (was a history major in college), but my wife wasn't overly interested in Man In the High Castle, so it got nixed. lol

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
So on Prime we've seen Bosch, which I dig but the wife does not. I've also read the books though. Sneaky Pete, Goliath, Jack Ryan (Is awesome) The Boys (again, awesome) Red Oaks (hilarious), Fleabag (was really funny), Catastrophe (tremendous)and several others that are older now.

We were thinking about ripping Vikings and that new show Upload, but don't know much on either.

Netflix we've seen: Orange is the new black, Stranger things, most of the marvel shows (Jessica Jones was great) Sens8, Narcos, The OA, Ozark, Altered Carbon, The Haunting, Black Summer (was a lot of fun), The Ranch, Trailer Park Boys, Santa Clarita Diet, GLOW, Russian Doll, Living with yourself, Big Mouth, and The End of the f***ing World (another really good show).

If you get Hulu, it's worth it alone for 8 seasons of Letterkenny. Easily one of the funniest shows I've seen in a long time. Plus you can bundle with Disney Plus for short $$$.

Justified on Prime is great. It was on FX originally. If you didn't watch it then, try it. The premise is from an Elmore Leonard short story, and it stars Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Justified on Prime is great. It was on FX originally. If you didn't watch it then, try it. The premise is from an Elmore Leonard short story, and it stars Timothy Olyphant and Walton Goggins.

Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Also my favorite author. Reading the last Justified book right now, as a matter of fact...lol

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Also my favorite author. Reading the last Justified book right now, as a matter of fact...lol

It is a great show. I'm thinking of rewatching it during (Barely) Work At Home.

Reactions: LSCII
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad