OT - NO POLITICS Off Topic 2020 part XXIII - How is everybody coping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Hey guys, me again. What better time than to read HF at 3am when you can't sleep. I've missed the community here.

Last day of work for me was the 14th at my new serving job, which I got in February for extra income while keeping my other job by the TD Garden. The new job's grand opening was supposed to be the 16th but didn't happen. Up until that last week, I was working non-stop between both jobs... then everything came to a screeching halt.

My other job closed down when the NBA/NHL announced they were postponing their seasons. I honestly think my job by the TDG will end up being a loss. It was already struggling, along with other bars in the neighborhood because of Banners, and it probably won't be worth it in the long run for the company. It will really depend on what happens with the NBA/NHL and that scares me.

So it's day 16 at home for me. I really should have saved Tiger King for at least day 20. And I promise, next time I post that it won't be a novel. ;)

Hope everybody is staying safe and healthy. Prayers to whoever is battling covid-19 and strength to everybody who is worried about others in their lives. We all need to come out on the other side of this together.

your words meant a lot the other day when I was melting down. I didn't get a chance to thank you.
Hang in. the job stuff will sort itself out.

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
Hey guys, me again. What better time than to read HF at 3am when you can't sleep. I've missed the community here.

Last day of work for me was the 14th at my new serving job, which I got in February for extra income while keeping my other job by the TD Garden. The new job's grand opening was supposed to be the 16th but didn't happen. Up until that last week, I was working non-stop between both jobs... then everything came to a screeching halt.

My other job closed down when the NBA/NHL announced they were postponing their seasons. I honestly think my job by the TDG will end up being a loss. It was already struggling, along with other bars in the neighborhood because of Banners, and it probably won't be worth it in the long run for the company. It will really depend on what happens with the NBA/NHL and that scares me.

So it's day 16 at home for me. I really should have saved Tiger King for at least day 20. And I promise, next time I post that it won't be a novel. ;)

Hope everybody is staying safe and healthy. Prayers to whoever is battling covid-19 and strength to everybody who is worried about others in their lives. We all need to come out on the other side of this together.

your words meant a lot the other day when I was melting down. I didn't get a chance to thank you.

Reactions: GordonHowe

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I guess I am the odd person out here. I am listening to Billy Talent, Megadeth, Dead Weather, Dead Daisies and Iron Maiden. I live very close to Andrew (ODAAT) as I expect he walks his dog past my house often. I wanted to tell that I met the first Australian hockey fan of my life most of the way up Mt Fuji in Japan. Interesting times.

I’m not the biggest fan of Billy Talent, although i do own i think their debut record, but they have a VERY unique sound. You either love it or hate it.

Reactions: WestCoastBruinsFan

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And so it begins. So my second job is shut down for the foreseeable future, then my full time job made a few cuts last night. I’m hearing the word furlough thrown around and information is spotty and second hand at best though.

edit: haven’t heard anything for my department specifically

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
And so it begins. So my second job is shut down for the foreseeable future, then my full time job made a few cuts last night. I’m hearing the word furlough thrown around and information is spotty and second hand at best though.

edit: haven’t heard anything for my department specifically

It's so fluid and so difficult to "not know". It's a bit sketchy here as well

Sending you good thoughts and hoping you get a clear answer. :(

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Ordered my new vacuum over the weekend. Amazon originally said it would be delivered tomorrow but I just got a notice it is one stop away. Kind of surprised, but happy! Currently stalking the driver through the Amazon app. :D Prepared to drown the box in sanitizer spray.

@Gee Wally I ordered the vacuum you have.

I hope you like it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
started season 3 of Ozark last night, watched first two episodes, no spoilers from me, please no spoilers to me from others

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I hope you like it.
It took me for a walk!! :eek: Not used to the powered floor nozzle. :laugh:

It's a little heavier than my old Shark but it's getting the dog hair up just fine. Think I'm going to use the tools to deep clean the couch and recliner next.

So far so good! :thumbu:

Reactions: BMC

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Feeling on March 1:

9a6e507d-6f14-4bfe-850b-5629fa8fc6f3.jpg

Feeling on March 31:

9e061492-331a-4bcf-bedb-2220f9ea8773.jpg

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
It took me for a walk!! :eek: Not used to the powered floor nozzle. :laugh:

It's a little heavier than my old Shark but it's getting the dog hair up just fine. Think I'm going to use the tools to deep clean the couch and recliner next.

So far so good! :thumbu:

I was amazed how much dog hair it sucked up that we didnt see before. Looked like a guinea pig in the canister.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I was amazed how much dog hair it sucked up that we didnt see before. Looked like a guinea pig in the canister.
Yeah, it's pretty gross to see what's really in the carpet. :confused:

The new apartment will be laminate flooring everywhere except the two bedrooms. I expect the Swiffer will be in frequent use.

Reactions: Gee Wally

WickedBruinsGirl

May 1, 2003
Cambridge
No thanks needed. :)

Checked unemployment early this morning and my payments went from pending to processed. Should be deposited tomorrow. Such a relief.

It’s so hard trying to be patient during a time like this.

Debating on going to Star Market. Don’t really need anything really other than maybe some beer. Not a high priority.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I’m making a list of my favorite 10 places to eat and as soon as they are open I’m going through it

Hopefully they will all re-open when this is over but that might be overly optimistic. Many are still doing take out but I don't think that can begin to make up for losing the regular dining trade.

I haven't even been doing that (takeout)- I don't want to take the chance of even possibly exposing my mother. I've limited my travels to my office, the grocery store, the pharmacy, the bank & the post office.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Hopefully they will all re-open when this is over but that might be overly optimistic. Many are still doing take out but I don't think that can begin to make up for losing the regular dining trade.

I haven't even been doing that (takeout)- I don't want to take the chance of even possibly exposing my mother. I've limited my travels to my office, the grocery store, the pharmacy, the bank & the post office.

Im having pizza delivered tonight. Just needed a break.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I can’t wait for a nice Friday afternoon- hit the gym, cut the grass, walk the dog and go sit at the bar at Blue Marlin in Essex about 3 and crush the clam appetizer (or two)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I put the radio on in kitchen - oldies 1970-1990’s and I lots of Queen. No complaints

I am sure I’m the only person out of 7 Billion people doing this tonight.

I’ll be reading The Hammer (confessions of a Hockey Enforcer) Dave Schultz with Stan Fischler.

the guy who sat next to my parents and then me was a rare book collector and he got me this 20 years ago for Christmas and seems like a perfect time. He knew I am a Neanderthal and loved the Flyers except when playing Boston

Kovi

Feb 11, 2007
I can’t wait for a nice Friday afternoon- hit the gym, cut the grass, walk the dog and go sit at the bar at Blue Marlin in Essex about 3 and crush the clam appetizer (or two)

I miss scallops.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad