OFF DAY THREAD! We give points away for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
That line is and will be solid in the RS but if the Pens get to the POs we’ve seen this puppy before...they aren’t good enough defensively or physical enough with the puck...Sullivan will have to make changes accordingly...since he won’t, reason #52 to fire him ASAP

We won a Stanley Cup while regularly using this line and it's rarely been since then - a grand total of five games over five minutes - with only one bad playoff game in that time. So I don't think it's accurate to say we've seen this one failing before.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
These make less sense with no context but I tied them all together in my article today. The Penguins, Stars, and Lightning are all running a 1-3-1, but my goodness are the results different in each circumstance.

Martin St. Louis recently told my buddy Greg Revak from Hockey Arsenal a good power-play should be a shot every three to four passes. Consider that when watching the Penguins.
Sounds like Martin St Louis has come up with the perfect Pittsburgh Penguins Power Play drinking game.

Take a shot every time four passes results in no shot by the team on the PP.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
We won a Stanley Cup while regularly using this line and it's rarely been since then - a grand total of five games over five minutes - with only one bad playoff game in that time. So I don't think it's accurate to say we've seen this one failing before.

maybe not this exact one but we’ve seen enough of Sid and the smurfs of whatever incarnation to know it doesn’t work in the POs...one reason I’d prefer to move Zucker up and Jake down to L2..Zucker at least plays a slightly heavier game

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
giphy-downsized.gif

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
maybe not this exact one but we’ve seen enough of Sid and the smurfs of whatever incarnation to know it doesn’t work in the POs...one reason I’d prefer to move Zucker up and Jake down to L2..Zucker at least plays a slightly heavier game

We have seen this exact line though. It works in the playoffs. Or at least, did in the past.

Sheary-Crosby-Guentzel is the only Sid and small guys line that hasn't worked in the playoffs.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
We have seen this exact line though. It works in the playoffs. Or at least, did in the past.

Sheary-Crosby-Guentzel is the only Sid and small guys line that hasn't worked in the playoffs.

It did in spurts. But that was back in the day when lines were changed based on home ice adv and opponent and not fixed forever regardless of result. Looking at you Mtl series.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Would anyone even notice if McCann was injured if they didn’t make an announcement?

Since McCann-Blueger-Tanev came together they’ve been really good. Great possession stats, out scoring, out chancing opponents with heavy D zone starts. On ice save % of 94.74!

We need everything to go right at the moment so not the best news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad