OFF DAY THREAD! We give points away for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009

And so it begins.

I've been critical of Jarry's performance this year, but I think when the media starts focusing on that as basically the "fix this and we're good" type attitude (not saying that's exactly what is being said by the media) they're ignoring the giant red flags with regards to how this team plays and what other flaws there are on the roster.

Upgrading on Jarry fixes the .857 save percentage (maybe), but it doesn't fix the lack of structure, it doesn't fix the poor defensive coverage, and it doesn't fix a God-awful PP and stinky PK.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
And so it begins.

I've been critical of Jarry's performance this year, but I think when the media starts focusing on that as basically the "fix this and we're good" type attitude (not saying that's exactly what is being said by the media) they're ignoring the giant red flags with regards to how this team plays and what other flaws there are on the roster.

Upgrading on Jarry fixes the .857 save percentage (maybe), but it doesn't fix the lack of structure, it doesn't fix the poor defensive coverage, and it doesn't fix a God-awful PP and stinky PK.

I mean, we could literally put any goaltender in net right now across the league and we’d hypothetically have better goaltending.

Reactions: Andy99

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I mean, we could literally put any goaltender in net right now across the league and we’d hypothetically have better goaltending.

I know? My point is that's not going to fix the other glaring issues. Might earn us a couple more wins here or there, but in the grand scheme of things, there is a lot more wrong with the club currently than just Jarry being a sieve.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Just think about it guys...
JR really helped Florida get rid of all their shit players.... and also gave them horny.

Florida 6-1-2
Penguins 5-5-1

Thanks JR!

YOU f***ING IDIOT!

Thank you for posting this no-questions-asked summary. There is no context behind this that helps paint any more of a picture to shape one's analysis. Nope. This is all that is needed. Thank you.

I hate these because it's one of those "Well...he's not wrong" but even a child could understand that there are multiple solutions to the problem. At any point, TJ or CDS could simply start playing better...and the issue is solved. Or it could be as complex as reshaping our defensive zone scheme and structure. There are also options in between. But I mean, sure, trading for a new goalie works too.

Letang for MAF

Fixes three problems

Letang out
Goalie in
Yinzers happy

How do I say "I want to cut you" without it coming across as a threat or violating board rules?

Reactions: LOGiK and EightyOne

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
I know? My point is that's not going to fix the other glaring issues. Might earn us a couple more wins here or there, but in the grand scheme of things, there is a lot more wrong with the club currently than just Jarry being a sieve.

Maybe. Maybe not.

We played a pretty tight game against the Isles until Teddy and Letang threw it away.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Prediction:

We are about to have an imminent 20-game win streak with the return of ZAR.

then the FO will think he’s the missing piece and promptly sign him to a 6-year contract extension with a $4.45 mil AAV and a NMC...

Last edited:

theicebox

#MonixWatch
Jan 8, 2010
Pittsburgh
then the FO will think he’s missing piece and promptly sign him to a 6-year contract extension with a $4.45 mil AAV and a NMC...

34447133.jpg

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Thank you for posting this no-questions-asked summary. There is no context behind this that helps paint any more of a picture to shape one's analysis. Nope. This is all that is needed. Thank you.

I hate these because it's one of those "Well...he's not wrong" but even a child could understand that there are multiple solutions to the problem. At any point, TJ or CDS could simply start playing better...and the issue is solved. Or it could be as complex as reshaping our defensive zone scheme and structure. There are also options in between. But I mean, sure, trading for a new goalie works too.

How do I say "I want to cut you" without it coming across as a threat or violating board rules?

I need not context nor facts to make ridiculous outlandish semi sarcastic posts =P

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Crosby and Guentzel are over 60% CF, but Guentzel's on ice shooting percentage is 6.1% lol.

Once they start getting some luck, that line is gonna explode with goals. Rust alone has been robbed like 7 times on that line.

So maybe they shouldn't touch line 1, since it is pretty much dominating possession.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Current division leaders 4th line taken from DailyFaceoff

Maroon (1 PT) - Joseph (3pts) - Schenn (1PT)
Barbanov (oPTS) - Boyd (4 PTS) - Spezza (8PTS)
Blidh (0PTS) - Kuraly (3PTS) - Bjork (2PTS)
Carrier (O PTS) - Nosek (1PT) - Reaves (1PT)

PIT
O'Connor (1pt) - Jankowski (3 PTS) - Lafferty (0PT)

uzxtgvs6lxtcatfgmfqz
Those are some terrible stats across the board, yikes. I don’t care about the teams outside of our division since we won’t be playing them at all this year, but that’s encouraging the Boston has a horrendous fourth line as well.

I still think our fourth line is atrocious.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Those are some terrible stats across the board, yikes. I don’t care about the teams outside of our division since we won’t be playing them at all this year, but that’s encouraging the Boston has a horrendous fourth line as well.

I still think our fourth line is atrocious.

Still confused about the Sceviour scratching. 2 goals, more than most on the team.

Reactions: Gurglesons

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019
Crosby and Guentzel are over 60% CF, but Guentzel's on ice shooting percentage is 6.1% lol.

Once they start getting some luck, that line is gonna explode with goals. Rust alone has been robbed like 7 times on that line.

So maybe they shouldn't touch line 1, since it is pretty much dominating possession.
5MkhrXx.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad