OFF DAY THREAD! We give points away for free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
Punctuation matters kids
And a trend was born...

1000850225-photo-u2

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010
so I've said it time and time again that I do no like Buckley as the Pens goalie coach.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) | TribLIVE.com

What’s causing the problem for top goalie Tristan Jarry? Maybe it’s the position coach. Madden sees some bad habits creeping into Jarry’s game that he also noticed with Matt Murray before he was traded to Ottawa this offseason. Namely, playing too deep in the net.

not that I'm a MM fan and I disagree with some of what he said. But overall, buckley needs to go, hopefully with Burke/Hextall here we will see some changes.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
checking our good friends Natural Stat Trick Penguins have some really weird shit stats:
Category 5on5 All strengths
Points 20th in NHL 20th
Corsi 4th 5th
Fenwick 5th 6th
Shots on goal% 7th 9th
Goals% 18th 26th
XGF% 11th 16th
SCF% 7th 10th
SCGF% 23th 28th
SCSH% 13th converting 14.9% 14th converting 15.7%
HDCF% 15th 17th
HDGF% 25th 27th
HDSH% [email protected]% 14th@21%
(Flyers lead at 34.3%) Flyers 1st @34.8%

HDSV% [email protected]% [email protected]%
1st [email protected]% 1st Avs 87.8%

SH% [email protected]% [email protected]
SV% 31st@ 86.15% [email protected]%
1st Tampa 95.2% 1st Tampa 93%

PDO [email protected] 30th 0.96 (Flyers 1st)

some telling numbers, I don't know how anyone can defend goalies, but also not converting chnaces, also our powerplay obviously is major drag....nothing really that we don't see night in night out...

Reactions: Andy99

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
not that I'm a MM fan and I disagree with some of what he said. But overall, buckley needs to go, hopefully with Burke/Hextall here we will see some changes.

If all of our goalies are posting sub .900 SV%, I would hope we think about firing the goalie coach whose job is to prevent that.

Last edited:

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
If all of our goalies are posting sub .900 SV%, I would hope we think about firing the goalie coach who's job is to prevent that.
DeSmith put up horrible numbers in the AHL last season and Jarry has morphed into Fleury playoffs from 2011.

It’s hard to say it’s just their technique or they just suck. Jarry has played pretty poor hockey for a year now.

One of JR’s countless blunders this off season was not finding a more reliable back up for a guy that has such little experience. But many people here said our goaltending was fine heading into the season, and still blindly defend it.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
DeSmith put up horrible numbers in the AHL last season and Jarry has morphed into Fleury playoffs from 2011.

It’s hard to say it’s just their technique or they just suck. Jarry has played pretty poor hockey for a year now.

If one goalie is looking terrible, that's usually a technique issue. If both goalies are posting horrible numbers, then it's likely a systematic AND technique issue. And if all of our goalies are actively regressing, then the goaltending coach should take the blame because it's his job to make sure that doesn't happen.

f***, I want to be a non-head coach coach in Pittsburgh. Talk about a job where your performance has absolutely no bearing on your employment status. :laugh:

vikingGoalie

Oct 31, 2010

One of JR’s countless blunders this off season was not finding a more reliable back up for a guy that has such little experience. But many people here said our goaltending was fine heading into the season, and still blindly defend it.

Regardless, if your power play sucks you get rid of the power play coach. If your goal tending tends to get worse over time across the board you can the Goalie coach. Murray struggled mightly at first in Ottawa, it would be interesting to see how he does once he is settled in that system with a different coach and so on. His first 7 games he was putrid, last 4 games much better. I'm not a Murray fan, when he was here (his last 2 seasons). Now that he doesn't have Buckley whispering in his ear let's see how he does this season.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Geno was inspired by Koivu

Just turned in retirement papers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->