Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Does Arizona have any more struggling first rounders they're ready to give up on? Considering the ask for Domi, Perlini and the-guy-selected-before-Marner, they should be Dubas' first call.

Keller has only got, what, 15 points so far? Struggling! Throw in Jakob (also struggling) and a non-lottery protected first. (Yes, I am kidding).

Reactions: Heldig

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Its 6 am in Sweden and midnight in Toronto. Nothing is happening tnt.

Cant believe its going down to the wire.

Leaf haters are chomping at the bit to unleash an all out assault in less that 18 hrs.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
What makes you think he has been treaded poorly? He was strapped to Matthews, since game 1 of Matthews career (for the most part).

Sounds like a pretty good opportunity to score alot of points and get a nice contract to me.

They want to put him over a barrel and negotiate to the penny with him. Why? Oh because they gave Tavares 8 figures when he's in his late 30s....because they need every dollar for marner and Matthews.

Good on him turning DOWN 6 million + this year to show it was never about money.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Agreed. I think this is what many are missing. Having the deadline pass does not mean that Nylander is completely out of play as an asset. I see a lot of opposing fans hoping and praying that Willy sits. All I can say is be careful what you wish for.

Agreed. Sure he can't play this year but at the deadline if a team is officially out and in full rebuild you could see them biting on acquiring him for 2019-2020 and the Leafs getting the help at the deadline.

I also wonder if there has been an offer from an Atlantic team or team Dubas doesn't want to deal with that he is sitting on until the last minute as well.

Certainly there is an offer or two that are in the ballpark but then the next million dollar question is, will Nylander sign with that team before the deadline as well?

I have a feeling I wake up and he has a bridge contract and then is moved at the deadline.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
Lol "What if." What if Nylander is being held hostage by aliens to sit out the season. You got to be pretty naïve to think that the Leafs who have one of the most expensive RFAs of recent history in Matthews up for contract, Marner a top 10 production player up for contract, and about 4-5 other players needing contracts next year on top of the most expensive free agent in the Cap era in Tavares will pay a complementary piece like Nylander fairly.

There's lots of teams in the league that are starved for stars like Nylander who would happily pay him what he wants. Toronto is trying to stinge him, it's the most obvious reason why this "negotiation" has turned into such a **** show.

What show? There literally hasn't been a word out of either camp.

.....and what is "fair"?

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Does Arizona have any more struggling first rounders they're ready to give up on? Considering the ask for Domi, Perlini and the-guy-selected-before-Marner, they should be Dubas' first call.

Keller has only got, what, 15 points so far? Struggling! Throw in Jakob (also struggling) and a non-lottery protected first. (Yes, I am kidding).
Alex Galchenyuk is the name you want. Former 3rd overall. Has scored over a hundred goals and 250 points...plays wing or C.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Anyone willing to believe now abouy my earlier report in regards to rumblings i heard that Nylander has/had zero interest in being a leaf because his camp is pissed that they tried to trade him earlier in his career.

The high demand was a ploy to force the Leafs hand.

Reactions: Shad

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
They want to put him over a barrel and negotiate to the penny with him. Why? Oh because they gave Tavares 8 figures when he's in his late 30s....because they need every dollar for marner and Matthews.

Good on him turning DOWN 6 million + this year to show it was never about money.

Huh?

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Lmao TSN out here making Babcock look like an idiot.

Yesterdays headline

Babock " nylander is going to be a Leaf for life "

Today's headline

Babcock " were not begging anyone to be a leaf"

Bruh just say nothing...

Lmao Toronto sports network is hilarious. Can't wait to see Babcock eat his words. Never saw a coach more in love with his own voice.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
He's done in toronto. I think he'll sign a 1 year deal and be dealt in the offseason.

Shame, hes a really talented player.

Reactions: Devonator

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
What's the point of being strapped to Mathews for a nice contract that will never come, since, you know, all the other teams know it was Mathews that made you, not yourself............

I swear, some posts just scream for a chuckle.

1) It's Matthews
2) 60 point RFA's get around 6 - 6.5 million (I'm willing to bet Nylander has been offered and would get paid this price range by all 30 NHL teams).

*screaming chuckle*

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Anyone willing to believe now abouy my earlier report in regards to rumblings i heard that Nylander has/had zero interest in being a leaf because his camp is pissed that they tried to trade him earlier in his career.

Hahaha that's awesome. It was never about money. It was about respect.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
There is plenty of pressure on Dubas. As a rookie GM, this is his first real big test, and so far it appears he has failed. He gave Nylander a ton of leverage with his “we can, and we will” comment. Now he might lose one of his top players for a season.

The Maple Leafs propaganda machine will attempt to make excuses for his failures, or try to re-paint them as if they aren’t actually failures. But make no mistake, if this was any other young, rookie GM, they would never hear the end of it for their failures on HF.

Don’t believe me? Just imagine if John Chayka’s very first move was to f*** up a situation as brutally as Dubas appears to have f***ed up the Nylander situation. He would never hear the end of it on HF. Meanwhile, we’re already hearing excuses being made for dumbass Kyle Dubas colossally shitting the bed in his first big test. This is why there really isn’t an anti-Leafs bias on this board.

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008

So they figured they'd force the Leafs to make him sit 5 years? Pretty smart stuff right there!

You do realize if he wanted out, all he'd have to do is say so right, rather than potentially losing millions?

Rants Mulliniks

Jun 22, 2008
There is plenty of pressure on Dubas. As a rookie GM, this is his first real big test, and so far it appears he has failed. He gave Nylander a ton of leverage with his “we can, and we will” comment. Now he might lose one of his top players for a season.

The Maple Leafs propaganda machine will attempt to make excuses for his failures, or try to re-paint them as if they aren’t actually failures. But make no mistake, if this was any other young, rookie GM, they would never hear the end of it for their failures on HF.

Don’t believe me? Just imagine if John Chayka’s very first move was to **** up a situation as brutally as Dubas appears to have ****ed up the Nylander situation. He would never hear the end of it on HF. Meanwhile, we’re already hearing excuses being made for dumbass Kyle Dubas colossally ****ting the bed in his first big test. This is why there really isn’t an anti-Leafs bias on this board.

Wouldn't he at least have to screw it up first?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018

Nope, baseless speculation with nothing to support it is still baseless speculation with nothing to support it.

That doesn't change just because you wait a couple days and say it again.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Doesn't look like it worked did it?

Reactions: Devonator

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Dubas Shanahan and Babcock come off as very poor negotiators. When Babcock says nylander will be a leaf for life he's clearly panicking. How could he make such a ludicrous statement? What proof does he have nylander would play for him?

A better tactic would be to lower expectations and send the message to nylander camp they have no intention to beg.

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada

Don’t believe me? Just imagine if John Chayka’s very first move was to **** up a situation as brutally as Dubas appears to have ****ed up the Nylander situation. He would never hear the end of it on HF. Meanwhile, we’re already hearing excuses being made for dumbass Kyle Dubas colossally ****ting the bed in his first big test. This is why there really isn’t an anti-Leafs bias on this board.

stupid young baby Kyle "Dumbass" (hehe) is so childish and inexperienced he fails before the deadline, all because he revealed his super secret plans to re-sign his young players coming off their ELC's. Propaganda machine is keeping everyone from the truth, those glasses have no frames people!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007

I'm sorry did you get some inside information that everyone did not? Please cite the articles for everyone to read...

Larkin just signed a contract this past offseason for 6.1 million please tell me why Nylander is worth so much more than he is?

Smart GM's negotiate to a players value, and look after their cap space. Pastrnak, Larkin, Ehlers....are Nylander's comparable. If the leafs pay Nylander significantly more than his comparable, then they stand no chance with Marner and Matthews and would stand no chance at winning a cup.

If Nylander wanted 8 million per year, then he should have tried harder and put up 15-20 more points.. but he didn't.

A consecutive 60 point RFA's value is about 6.1 - 6.7 million per year..

Him turning down anything in that range is him showing that it is about the money.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
Nope, baseless speculation with nothing to support it is still baseless speculation with nothing to support it.

That doesn't change just because you wait a couple days and say it again.
Screenshot_20181130-205606.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad