Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Nylander's sitting FO SHO. ***** wants that dough.

As a Bruins fan with a bias against the Leafs adding that one D piece they are missing this would be the best possible scenario; they don't get assets for him and they don't get him.

Sadly, I don't think they will let this trade chip sit when they are so close to a legitimate cup run. This isn't hate talk, this is observing a team missing one piece in the third period of game seven and then possibly adding that piece and Tavares; that's a cup contender.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
So any news yet? I really don't see him getting traded at this point but I also don't see him getting signed. Boring ending would be him getting signed and all of this being a massive waste of time

I think a massive waste of time would be if he ends up sitting.

At least a signing or a trade would suffice after all this

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Fair concerns as unfortunately the fans of one team suffer while the fans of another benefit. Modern dynasties are definitely hard if not impossible to have which is kind of what the league wants. I think if it was that important to owners they would take the pay cut necessary to raise the salary cap, but they obviously aren't willing to do that.

Very valid and fair points.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
So any news yet? I really don't see him getting traded at this point but I also don't see him getting signed. Boring ending would be him getting signed and all of this being a massive waste of time

Not for Leaf fans lol we want him signed

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
As a non Leaf fan I’ll suggest that Leaf fans ignore the insulting comments. After years of struggling Leafs have a top notch team. Leafs made the bold decision to sign JT and go for it. They have an open window and the fans should be excited. They have Matthews Marner and JT up front. Plus supporting guys like Kapanen and Kadri. Top notch forwards. A solid goalie and a defense that is not great but they have a few good pieces and it’s not like PIT or WAS had top notch defenses when they won. If Nylander doesn’t fit the salary structure then just trade him. He won’t return an equal forward but he’ll return a good defender. It won’t be a Notris caliber player but a very good player that can help the Leafs. Nylander is a very good player but the Leafs can win without him if he would rather sit than change his demand.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I honestly can’t believe Nylander would rather sit out a season than lower his price a little bit. That just seems like bad advice from the people whispering in his ear.

Reactions: Sundinisagod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad