Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Sorry u dont fancy the report bruh. Dreger called it.
Nylander still choked he was being dangled early in his career. He doesnt feel valued and doesnt want to be in the shadow.

Show me the money !!
Dreger didn't "call" anything. He speculated something, based on his personal feelings and no actual sources, 2 years ago. Dreger hasn't had any connections to anything Leafs for years.

You are then speculating on his speculation, to make a claim that is not supported by anything in reality.

You're wrong, as I'm sure you know. Move along.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Dubas is doing very good by all accounts, you can't be the like the Oilers and overpay for every ****ing player.

When lockouts happen, everyone says "why is the NHL saying that players are being overpaid, when it is the GM's that over pay them, if the GM's don't overpay the players, than the players would not be overpayed". Dubas is trying to lower the pay and that should pay off in the long run for every team and the league.

Who. Did the oilers overpay? Chiarelli. Is the worst gm in history and he has two top 10 scorers for reasonable deals. Klefbom and Larsson on good deals.

Lucic Russell etc are awful contracts let's see what they do with them.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Dubas is doing very good by all accounts, you can't be the like the Oilers and overpay for every ****ing player.

When lockouts happen, everyone says "why is the NHL saying that players are being overpaid, when it is the GM's that over pay them, if the GM's don't overpay the players, than the players would not be overpayed". Dubas is trying to lower the pay and that should pay off in the long run for every team and the league.

Dubas has handled this poorly. He could have gone about the situation a number of better ways than he has.

The guy made a promise to his fan base that he clearly couldn’t keep, and gave Nylander a bunch of leverage in the process. I can’t believe that people are making excuses for him.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Lmao you always sound so salty and mad in all your posts regarding the leafs.

Leafs clowning on your team twice must have a done a number on you smh

If two games can have a serious impact on me, would you care to tell me what watching your team win 0 playoff series since the lockout has done to you?

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
It's funny hearing all leaf fans insist he take the UNDERVALUED pasta contract. Have you ever thought his agent said he's not interested in a sweetheart deal like pasta? Maybe his agent said why don't you sign marner to a darling contract like pastranak?

Maybe he's saying he wants a contract like Draisaitl. Yet leaf fans insist he take a pastranak home town discount when he's like #4 in their darling depth chart.
He can ask for Drai's contract all he wants but unless he is a big center coming off 77 points and 16 points in 13 games in the playoffs he will never get it.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Nah im not trying to be an insider.

Just trying to put 1 +1 togetger from what i heard and whar Dreger reported before.

To me ,

It seems like Nylander has had zero intention on being a Leaf. The high 8 mil demand was a ploy.
He wants to be the main guy more than the money. Hes pissed toronto tried to trade him before.

Hes done in Toronto. My 2 pennies

Thank you for clarifying. Using those terms is often a person trying to validate themselves as an insider with no basis for it and I appreciate your reply.

It is a good question to speculate. We heard the same about Kessel during that debacle and in the aftermath.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Cup lol. Be surprised if they win a round with that soft lineup. Playoffs are a different beast.

Toughness wasnt even the reason they lost to the bruins last season. Leafs outhit the bruins in 4 out of the 7 games (which surprised the hell out of me tbh). They weren't nearly as physical in the regular season.

Dont get me wrong, I do think we need some a bit more size, Preferably someone replacing Brown on our offence and bottom pairing D-man with some toughness over Oziganov

But the leafs have low-key physical players who all turn it up in the playoffs its looks like.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
It's funny hearing all leaf fans insist he take the UNDERVALUED pasta contract. Have you ever thought his agent said he's not interested in a sweetheart deal like pasta? Maybe his agent said why don't you sign marner to a darling contract like pastranak?

Maybe he's saying he wants a contract like Draisaitl. Yet leaf fans insist he take a pastranak home town discount when he's like #4 in their darling depth chart.

Sure he probably does want a contract like Draisaitl.... Draisaitl scored 29 goals, 77 points in 79 games and had 16 points in 13 playoff games.

If Nylander put up those totals... he might have a bit of an argument.

Unfortunately for Nylander.... he recorded 9 goals and 17 points less than that, and did not perform well in the postseason.

His comparable's are still Larkin, Pastrnak and Ehlers and 90% of all RFA's that have signed recently.

Nylander isn't asking for the norm... he is trying to buck the trend (if it's north of 7 million).

We will see tomorrow, I suppose.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Dubas has handled this poorly. He could have gone about the situation a number of better ways than he has.

The guy made a promise to his fan base that he clearly couldn’t keep, and gave Nylander a bunch of leverage in the process. I can’t believe that people are making excuses for him.

Why are you speaking in past tense? He promised that the players would not get locked up as quick as people wanted. That's basically exactly what happened.

Did Nylander get traded or something?

Reactions: kevsh

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
If two games can have a serious impact on me, would you care to tell me what watching your team win 0 playoff series since the lockout has done to you?

lmao oh here we go again. I'm not the one sounding salty and worked up in all my posts about the Sharks.

Have a break. Have a kit-kit

joemon999

Drive for 5
Sep 12, 2011
To Isles: Nylander

To Toronto: Signed Eberle and NYI 1st

Toronto gets a less expensive winger for a little less production, meanwhile they save the cap to sign Matthews, Marner, etc while also receiving another 1st in this years draft. They now will have a substantial amount of picks to play around with at the deadline in order to get an upgrade in an area of weakness as they gear up for the playoffs. Or, they can use the draft pick to draft a good prospect depending on where the Islanders look to be picking come the TDL.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
He can ask for Drai's contract all he wants but unless he is a big center coming off 77 points and 16 points in 13 games in the playoffs he will never get it.

Same thing though dubas can ask for pastas contract all he wants and his agent will say that is an awful contract 2 years in.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
To Isles: Nylander

To Toronto: Signed Eberle and NYI 1st

Toronto gets a less expensive winger for a little less production, meanwhile they save the cap to sign Matthews, Marner, etc while also receiving another 1st in this years draft. They now will have a substantial amount of picks to play around with at the deadline in order to get an upgrade in an area of weakness as they gear up for the playoffs. Or, they can use the draft pick to draft a good prospect depending on where the Islanders look to be picking come the TDL.

Like this... Also wonder if lou then drops 15m for Matthews.

TomasHertlsRooster

May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Why are you speaking in past tense? He promised that the players would not get locked up as quick as people wanted. That's basically exactly what happened.

Did Nylander get traded or something?

It’s all but confirmed that he is sitting out the season.

Dubas definitely didn’t mean to say “We can, and we will keep all 4; even if it means that at least one will sit out an entire season due to contract negotiations.” Let’s not re-write history here.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Who. Did the oilers overpay? Chiarelli. Is the worst gm in history and he has two top 10 scorers for reasonable deals. Klefbom and Larsson on good deals.

Lucic Russell etc are awful contracts let's see what they do with them.
Russell is not on a awful contract stop. The guy has been great since he was signed. Lucic is horrid, Spooner is horrid, Talbot is horrid

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
It’s all but confirmed that he is sitting out the season.

Dubas definitely didn’t mean to say “We can, and we will keep all 4; even if it means that at least one will sit out an entire season due to contract negotiations.” Let’s not re-write history here.

Y0u got a source bud?

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Toughness wasnt even the reason they lost to the bruins last season. Leafs outhit the bruins in 4 out of the 7 games (which surprised the hell out of me tbh). They weren't nearly as physical in the regular season.

Dont get me wrong, I do think we need some a bit more size, Preferably someone replacing Brown on our offence and bottom pairing D-man with some toughness over Oziganov

But the leafs have low-key physical players who all turn it up in the playoffs its looks like.

For me it's all about a second-pairing under 23 20+ minutes shutdown defenseman that would put them over the top. Someone to match up against the other teams top line in the third period and not wilt. Someone to give the top pairing (Reilly) time and zone starts more beneficial to protect leads and fight off the third period surges.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

Nylander sitting for the season is not his goal. not sure what you mean by leverage, since that's an outcome he doesn't want

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
:leafs
Petry (500k retained)
Lehkonen
2 2nds 2019

:habs
Nylander

Leafs get the perfect partner for Rielly: a solid #2 dman, a very good 2-way defensive forward in Lehkonen who's great at retrieving the puck and driving the play forward, and both of MTL's 2nd round picks.

Habs get Nylander in a last minute deal.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Looks like he's sitting. Shitty situation for all involved.

Hopefully the leafs can add something significant before the TDL.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
lmao oh here we go again. I'm not the one sounding salty and worked up in all my posts about the Sharks.

Have a break. Have a kit-kit

The best part about people shitting on the Leafs about Willy, is this will LITERALLY affect their own teams lol

You think every RFA and young player in the League won't be watching this, you think it will be easy going forward.

People should want Willy to sign at a reasonable price, him losing is helping other teams win when it's time for free agent signing.

Oh HFBoards...

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Can’t Putin’s KHL pay Nylander $2m under the table, have him join SKA. Leafs get nothing, lose in the first round to keep up the half century tradition of “winning” and we re-do this again next year? Too much fun to end tomorrow...

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
For me it's all about a second-pairing under 23 20+ minutes shutdown defenseman that would put them over the top. Someone to match up against the other teams top line in the third period and not wilt. Someone to give the top pairing (Reilly) time and zone starts more beneficial to protect leads and fight off the third period surges.

Yeah I agree. The leafs biggest weakness is Hainsey on that top pairing with Reilly. We badly need a better partner for Reilly if we wanna take that next step.

But pitssburgh won the cup with a similar if not worst defense a couple of seasons ago (which included Hainsey). So, I guess we'll have to wait and see

Reactions: Coach Parker
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino