Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
There is plenty of pressure on Dubas. As a rookie GM, this is his first real big test, and so far it appears he has failed. He gave Nylander a ton of leverage with his “we can, and we will” comment. Now he might lose one of his top players for a season.

The Maple Leafs propaganda machine will attempt to make excuses for his failures, or try to re-paint them as if they aren’t actually failures. But make no mistake, if this was any other young, rookie GM, they would never hear the end of it for their failures on HF.

Don’t believe me? Just imagine if John Chayka’s very first move was to **** up a situation as brutally as Dubas appears to have ****ed up the Nylander situation. He would never hear the end of it on HF. Meanwhile, we’re already hearing excuses being made for dumbass Kyle Dubas colossally ****ting the bed in his first big test. This is why there really isn’t an anti-Leafs bias on this board.

How has he messed up if his team is one of the tops in the NHL without Nylander and he can still trade him and tell Nylander over the phone to sign the contract in front of him with team X and have a good life?

I'd agree if the Leafs weren't winning without Nylander but they look even better than last year and still only really need to fix one position moving forward. He has chips to use and is building leverage against future RFA's.

Now if you told me he was going to do this with Marner I would understand your point but this is an important one-off that hasn't cost him anything but a media circus.

Let's see what tomorrow holds before declaring this (like the Sakic criticism) a failure.

Reactions: Rob Brown

TheMidlifeCrisisGuy

Nov 26, 2018
OMG, the Leaf hater party in here has already started.

It's going to be brutal in here tomorrow if the deadline passes and Willy remains unsigned.

All the people psychologically scarred from the Tavares decision will return to exorcise their demons.

dogbazinho

May 24, 2006
Fairfax, VA
If the deadline comes and goes, can the Leafs trade Nylander to a team that’s out of it / tanking, for someone to play for them this year (knowing full well that Willy can’t play for his new team this year)?

Sure. I'm sure a team would love to give Toronto a great player for a player they can't use till next year.

BruinsFan37

Jun 26, 2015
This thread will continue past tomorrow no matter what.

Nylander signs a "Leaf-friendly" deal Leafs fans will be bragging about it for months.

Leafs sign Nylander to what he supposedly wants Leaf haters will gloating about till (and during) the time to sign Matthews and Marnier. The same if he signs a bridge/1-year deal.

He goes unsigned and there will be an endless thread about "what did the Leafs/Nylander" do wrong/should have done/etc.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Nylander would be a good #2 center on most teams. For Leafs he’s at best #3, hence the money holdup considering all the others that need to be locked up. I expect a trade for 80 cents on the dollar

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
There is plenty of pressure on Dubas. As a rookie GM, this is his first real big test, and so far it appears he has failed. He gave Nylander a ton of leverage with his “we can, and we will” comment. Now he might lose one of his top players for a season.

The Maple Leafs propaganda machine will attempt to make excuses for his failures, or try to re-paint them as if they aren’t actually failures. But make no mistake, if this was any other young, rookie GM, they would never hear the end of it for their failures on HF.

Don’t believe me? Just imagine if John Chayka’s very first move was to **** up a situation as brutally as Dubas appears to have ****ed up the Nylander situation. He would never hear the end of it on HF. Meanwhile, we’re already hearing excuses being made for dumbass Kyle Dubas colossally ****ting the bed in his first big test. This is why there really isn’t an anti-Leafs bias on this board.

Dubas is doing very good by all accounts, you can't be the like the Oilers and overpay for every f***ing player.

When lockouts happen, everyone says "why is the NHL saying that players are being overpaid, when it is the GM's that over pay them, if the GM's don't overpay the players, than the players would not be overpayed". Dubas is trying to lower the pay and that should pay off in the long run for every team and the league.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
I'm sorry did you get some inside information that everyone did not? Please cite the articles for everyone to read...

Larkin just signed a contract this past offseason for 6.1 million please tell me why Nylander is worth so much more than he is?

Smart GM's negotiate to a players value, and look after their cap space. Pastrnak, Larkin, Ehlers....are Nylander's comparable. If the leafs pay Nylander significantly more than his comparable, then they stand no chance with Marner and Matthews and would stand no chance at winning a cup.

If Nylander wanted 8 million per year, then he should have tried harder and put up 15-20 more points.. but he didn't.

A consecutive 60 point RFA's value is about 6.1 - 6.7 million per year..

Him turning down anything in that range is him showing that it is about the money.

It's funny hearing all leaf fans insist he take the UNDERVALUED pasta contract. Have you ever thought his agent said he's not interested in a sweetheart deal like pasta? Maybe his agent said why don't you sign marner to a darling contract like pastranak?

Maybe he's saying he wants a contract like Draisaitl. Yet leaf fans insist he take a pastranak home town discount when he's like #4 in their darling depth chart.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Anyone willing to believe now abouy my earlier report in regards to rumblings i heard that Nylander has/had zero interest in being a leaf because his camp is pissed that they tried to trade him earlier in his career.

The high demand was a ploy to force the Leafs hand.

No.

Don't take offense but your making an anonymous post on a public webpage with no sources cited and no credibility whatsoever supported by any moderators of said board.

What you are really doing is pure speculation like everyone else here. If you really want credibility or are asking people to give your 'report' and 'rumblings' substance or to be taken seriously by anyone here there is a proper process with moderators to do so.

So, for me, no.

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
So your source is some guy with no connections to the Leafs thinking something out loud that makes no sense, not actually reporting anything. Cool.

Baseless speculation.

Sorry u dont fancy the report bruh. Dreger called it.
Nylander still choked he was being dangled early in his career. He doesnt feel valued and doesnt want to be in the shadow.

Show me the money !!

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Nylander would be a good #2 center on most teams. For Leafs he’s at best #3, hence the money holdup considering all the others that need to be locked up. I expect a trade for 80 cents on the dollar

I certainly hope not, would you want to lose one of your best players for 80 cents on the dollar?

I would like to see my team full strength for once.

RogerRoger

Jul 23, 2013
OMG, the Leaf hater party in here has already started.

It's going to be brutal in here tomorrow if the deadline passes and Willy remains unsigned.

All the people psychologically scarred from the Tavares decision will return to exorcise their demons.
Nah, the real party will be if the Leafs don't win the Cup. Haters will say "You would have won with Willie."

DownGoesMcDavid

Apr 17, 2017
No.

Don't take offense but your making an anonymous post on a public webpage with no sources cited and no credibility whatsoever supported by any moderators of said board.

What you are really doing is pure speculation like everyone else here. If you really want credibility or are asking people to give your 'report' and 'rumblings' substance or to be taken seriously by anyone here there is a proper process with moderators to do so.

So, for me, no.

Nah im not trying to be an insider.

Just trying to put 1 +1 togetger from what i heard and whar Dreger reported before.

To me ,

It seems like Nylander has had zero intention on being a Leaf. The high 8 mil demand was a ploy.
He wants to be the main guy more than the money. Hes pissed toronto tried to trade him before.

Hes done in Toronto. My 2 pennies

Reactions: Coach Parker

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Lmao you always sound so salty and mad in all your posts regarding the leafs.

Leafs clowning on your team twice must have a done a number on you smh

Newsworthy

Jan 28, 2018
USA
I'm sorry did you get some inside information that everyone did not? Please cite the articles for everyone to read...

Larkin just signed a contract this past offseason for 6.1 million please tell me why Nylander is worth so much more than he is?

Smart GM's negotiate to a players value, and look after their cap space. Pastrnak, Larkin, Ehlers....are Nylander's comparable. If the leafs pay Nylander significantly more than his comparable, then they stand no chance with Marner and Matthews and would stand no chance at winning a cup.

If Nylander wanted 8 million per year, then he should have tried harder and put up 15-20 more points.. but he didn't.

A consecutive 60 point RFA's value is about 6.1 - 6.7 million per year..

Him turning down anything in that range is him showing that it is about the money.
IMO Larkin and Pastrnak are both underpaid. They are better right now than William.
But I can't agree fully. A lot of people felt Tavares took less money to come to Toronto. Both San Jose and Islanders had offered more money. Dubas said he can sign the entire core and will. If Nylander wants above his worth maybe Marner and Mathews will take less to even things out.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
I believe at the end of all this there will only be one question that will remain if he is indeed traded tomorrow:

What did he sign for with team X and were the Leafs willing to pay him that.

That will be it for me. Others will debate what they did or didn't get for him but for me it will be wondering if the price is fair and if the Leafs weren't willing to pay that price. What interests me is what where the two lines in the sand that neither would pass in the end to bring up this impasse.

The rest will sort itself out as the Nylander and the Leafs progress through the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad