Speculation: Nylander XXII - all Nylander discussion here (MOD WARNING IN OP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyguy1967

Trans hockey fan! Go Leafs and Oilers!
Aug 24, 2017
Toughness wasnt even the reason they lost to the bruins last season. Leafs outhit the bruins in 4 out of the 7 games (which surprised the hell out of me tbh). They weren't nearly as physical in the regular season.

Dont get me wrong, I do think we need some a bit more size, Preferably someone replacing Brown on our offence and bottom pairing D-man with some toughness over Oziganov

But the leafs have low-key physical players who all turn it up in the playoffs its looks like.
Bs they got dominated so hard that Kadri had to take a dumb suspension. They got outplayed in every single game except one. Two of the three wins they got from Andersen absolutely standing on his head. Go back and watch it again, it was pathetic how much they were pushed around and lost there toughest guy to the Island. Toughness is not hitting lol. It is dominating so much physically that Matthews and Nylander where scared to go into the dirty areas.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Same thing though dubas can ask for pastas contract all he wants and his agent will say that is an awful contract 2 years in.
That is an "awful" contract 2 years in because Pastrnak has grown and progressed beyond the level he signed at. It was a market value contract at the time of signing, for a 35 goal, 75 point RFA out of his ELC.

The level and production he signed at was significantly better than Nylander, and thus Nylander's contract should fall below his.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
It’s all but confirmed that he is sitting out the season.

Dubas definitely didn’t mean to say “We can, and we will keep all 4; even if it means that at least one will sit out an entire season due to contract negotiations.” Let’s not re-write history here.

So by that you mean, completely unconfirmed, right? You mean only the group think on the main board cesspool thinks that? That makes sense, then.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017
Can’t Putin’s KHL pay Nylander $2m under the table, have him join SKA. Leafs get nothing, lose in the first round to keep up the half century tradition of “winning” and we re-do this again next year? Too much fun to end tomorrow...
Think he can sign overseas in December

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
That is an "awful" contract 2 years in because Pastrnak has grown and progressed beyond the level he signed at. It was a market value contract at the time of signing, for a 35 goal, 75 point RFA out of his ELC.

The level and production he signed at was significantly better than Nylander, and thus Nylander's contract should fall below his.

Maybe he thinks he'll be at that level that point in the future. Doesn't want to be stuck at that level. Shouldn't marner sign a similar deal then as well?

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
:leafs
Petry (500k retained)
Lehkonen
2 2nds 2019

:habs
Nylander

Leafs get the perfect partner for Rielly: a solid #2 dman, a very good 2-way defensive forward in Lehkonen who's great at retrieving the puck and driving the play forward, and both of MTL's 2nd round picks.

Habs get Nylander in a last minute deal.

Absolutely not.

hockeyguy1967

Aug 24, 2017

He was a 34 goal scoring 70 point producer when signed.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
lmao oh here we go again. I'm not the one sounding salty and worked up in all my posts about the Sharks.

Have a break. Have a kit-kit

Really? A quick search of “Sharks” in your post history suggests otherwise.

I’m done with this, BTW. You can take this to PMs if you want to continue since it’s dangerously close to flaming on both of our parts and I would prefer to continue posting in this thread.

Y0u got a source bud?

Common sense.

Nylander sitting for the season is not his goal. not sure what you mean by leverage, since that's an outcome he doesn't want

By making the comment “we can, and we will”, Dubas gave Nylander a ton of leverage.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Bs they got dominated so hard that Kadri had to take a dumb suspension. They got outplayed in every single game except one. Two of the three wins they got from Andersen absolutely standing on his head. Go back and watch it again, it was pathetic how much they were pushed around and lost there toughest guy to the Island. Toughness is not hitting lol. It is dominating so much physically that Matthews and Nylander where scared to go into the dirty areas.

Not sure what you're implying with toughness then if you're gonna bring up the fact the Leafs got outplayed. Getting outplayed is more than just toughness. And then you also bring up the fact we lost Matt Martin who was gonna be useless in the series, which also doesnt match what you're saying.

Also, the leafs did not get outplayed in 6 out of the 7 games. Not sure what games you were watching.

And if you think Matt Martin was gonna make any difference in the Bruins series last year, lmao idk what to tell you. Leafs need toughness sure, but toughness in the form of players who can actually play and not just be relegated to 7min total in the 4th line.

Also you're first line made absolutely no sense whatsoever :laugh::laugh:

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If Nylander's camp is dug in at an unreasonable number as speculated, I'm not sure how anyone could fault Dubas. If he caves in at the 11th hour and overpays Nylander or he makes a trade out of desperation for less than an equitable return, that would be the worst case scenario for the Leafs in my opinion.

The Leafs are not struggling without Nylander. If he is not willing to come terms on a reasonable offer, not only does it jeopardize the Leafs cap situation, it lowers his trade value as well. If he thinks he's worth that much, let him sit out as far as I'm concerned.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

I’m done with this, BTW. You can take this to PMs if you want to continue since it’s dangerously close to flaming on both of our parts and I would prefer to continue posting in this thread.

Common sense.

By making the comment “we can, and we will”, Dubas gave Nylander a ton of leverage.
literally how? Nylander sitting out to make Dubas look silly for saying he wants him on the team isn't leverage lmao

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

Totally. Awful negotiation tactics just like Babcock hell be a leaf for life. They're acting like he has no say at all which I'm sure is just pissing him off further.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Common sense.

Oh lmao, so you're bringing up posts in which the Thornton/Kadri situation started. A situation which was caused by the sharks for the absolute dumbest reason ever and surprised literally the whole fanbase and other fanbases around the league too.

Look up my post history involving the sharks before that incident, then come back to me

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
The best part about people ****ting on the Leafs about Willy, is this will LITERALLY affect their own teams lol

You think every RFA and young player in the League won't be watching this, you think it will be easy going forward.

People should want Willy to sign at a reasonable price, him losing is helping other teams win when it's time for free agent signing.

Oh HFBoards...

GMs are already giving 7X7 contracts and 5X6 contracts to the likes of Evander Kane and Tom Wilson. William Nylander could sign for 10X8 and it wouldn’t be one of the 2 worst contracts signed since the end of last season.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Maybe he thinks he'll be at that level that point in the future. Doesn't want to be stuck at that level. Shouldn't marner sign a similar deal then as well?
Cool. Then in the future, when he proves it, he can ask for more money. You don't get paid for things you wish you did. If he wants to bet on himself, then he can sign a market value bridge, for which there are also multiple comparables.

Marner's contract is not due yet. He is doing what you're supposed to be doing if you want to get paid like a PPG player though... putting up PPG, not 60 points. We will see what he ends up at.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
T.O either overpays for a 1 dimensional soft winger or they move him for cheap, either way its a win/win for all of us.

POP the champagne bottle baby!

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Can’t Putin’s KHL pay Nylander $2m under the table, have him join SKA. Leafs get nothing, lose in the first round to keep up the half century tradition of “winning” and we re-do this again next year? Too much fun to end tomorrow...

The Nylander-less leafs just swept the season series with San Jose...I'd make a comment about your expectations about the Sharks chances this season/considering you think the leafs chances are slim without Nylander.. but I see your name and realize your expectations seem about right.

StanleyCup2035

Oct 1, 2017
Think he can sign overseas in December
That would be a smart move. Leafs will never pay him fair market value, they can’t afford to with all their other studs. He is better off holding out this year and forcing a trade next summer. Instead of getting 80 cents on the dollar today, Dubas gonna get 60 cents next summer.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
GMs are already giving 7X7 contracts and 5X6 contracts to the likes of Evander Kane and Tom Wilson. William Nylander could sign for 10X8 and it wouldn’t be one of the 2 worst contracts signed since the end of last season.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe Kane and Wilson were not coming off ELC's? I am talking ELC here.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

Wow HF is so high on Nylander. I wonder if he'll still be worth a $10m contract after he signs for $6.9m aav.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017

Were Kane And Wilson 22yr olds coming off their ELC's when they signed?

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Putting up points doesnt equal better. Tavares does it all and Marner isn't there yet.

No way philly would ever trade provorov it would take some brain dead management
*looks up president of team* Paul Holmgren
*looks up candidates for GM* Dave Nonis
*buys Leafs provorov jersey* lol
Well the Luke Schenn for JVR trade was a fleece so it isn't unprecedented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad