Confirmed with Link: Nurse Re-Signed (2 years / $3.2M per)

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Fair enough. However, he was (and still is) very injury prone. The three seasons he played before the contract, he played a total of 107 games, with no more than 20 points in a season and a total +/- of -32. I never really looked at his advanced stats back then, so maybe you could show me, but there still seems to be a lot of risk for a long term 4M deal.

And just to be clear, I really like Klefbom.

I'm gonna have to keep busting this myth until Klef retires or I'm cold in the grave, aren't I? Between 13-14 and 14-15, Klefbom missed a grand total of 12 games due to injury, the rest of the time he was bouncing between the A, the show and the pressbox.

Lrrr

Omicron Persei 8
Apr 7, 2010
Edmonton
I'm gonna have to keep busting this myth until Klef retires or I'm cold in the grave, aren't I? Between 13-14 and 14-15, Klefbom missed a grand total of 12 games due to injury, the rest of the time he was bouncing between the A, the show and the pressbox.

I'm sorry, are you arguing that Klefbom has not had a lot of injuries over course of his career?

Reactions: McGhost Division

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
also missed time in Sweden in 2012-13 due a back injury if I recall...only played 11 games

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I'm sorry, are you arguing that Klefbom has not had a lot of injuries over course of his career?

Depends on whether or not you consider a staph infection an injury, I guess.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Depends on whether or not you consider a staph infection an injury, I guess.
I saw this before.

"Not really a hockey injury, he hurt his ankle playing basketball"

"Not really an injury that he should have if he stops fighting"

"Just a fluke accident where the blueline came out of nowhere"

My favourite might've been about hemmer "Can't hurt his shoulder anymore than it is already". Shortly after he really f***s it up and gone.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006

No I'm arguing Klefbom was not regarded as "injury prone" when he signed his contract in 2015, as you claim.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
No I'm arguing Klefbom was not regarded as "injury prone" when he signed his contract in 2015, as you claim.
Yes he was. Klefbom missed so much time that at one point Martin Marincin passed him on the depth chart. He was injury riddled for a bunch of his development years.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Good deal, wish he would have shown this kind of steel in negotiating with all those other lesser players, but I'll take it.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
Yes he was. Klefbom missed so much time that at one point Martin Marincin passed him on the depth chart. He was injury riddled for a bunch of his development years.

He missed most of one season in Sweden with shoulder issues, but was healthy for his first two years in North America.

Jamin

Aug 25, 2009
I saw this before.

My favourite might've been about hemmer "Can't hurt his shoulder anymore than it is already". Shortly after he really ****s it up and gone.
The first 2 are Moreau. Whats the 3rd quote?

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
I saw this before.

My favourite might've been about hemmer "Can't hurt his shoulder anymore than it is already". Shortly after he really ****s it up and gone.

What do any of these have to do with bacterial infections, though?

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Good deal, wish he would have shown this kind of steel in negotiating with all those other lesser players, but I'll take it.

If you are comparing this situation to the UFA signings there really is no comparison.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
What do any of these have to do with bacterial infections, though?

Some people are much more prone to infection due to compromised immunity. With such susceptibility come more infections, of various kinds. so thus more time lost through recurring bouts. Not entirely unlike injury, the lost time effect is the same.

What on Earth does this have to do with the Nurse signing? ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00