Confirmed with Link: Nurse Re-Signed (2 years / $3.2M per)

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Pretty sure Brodziak scored 30+ points as well and unlike Strome he isn't ****ty on the dot and didn't score easy points. Strome is a dime a dozen forward.
You so realize that was Brodziaks first-time hitting 30 points in 7 years right?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You so realize that was Brodziaks first-time hitting 30 points in 7 years right?
I also realize that Strome hitting 50pts that one season means jack all now. He is no Cogliano or even Gagner. He padded his state when the season was over and pressure off. This team can't afford 3M 3rd line players.

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
Remember when Bob McKenzie said "By all accounts, Nurse's contract negotiations are not going well at all."? A week later and he's signed to a reasonable deal. What an ass-clown. I'll never forgive him for this tweet.

For reference that was the review where Brown pushed Talbot's pad into the net with 10 seconds left and the goal was initially awarded after review. It was then reviewed again and ruled interference.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
The fact that Nurse and Strome got almost the same contract is nuts to me.

Very good deal for Chia.

Strome had to be qualified at a certain amount. His previous contract set the tone for this one. His 50 point season set up his last contract.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Remember when Bob McKenzie said "By all accounts, Nurse's contract negotiations are not going well at all."? A week later and he's signed to a reasonable deal. What an ass-clown. I'll never forgive him for this tweet.

For reference that was the review where Brown pushed Talbot's pad into the net with 10 seconds left and the goal was initially awarded after review. It was then reviewed again and ruled interference.

McKenzie is an "ass-clown" who always seems like he's yelling when trying to talk.

Reactions: TMLeafs17

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

I think the Morrissey deal yesterday expedited things today with Nurse. Until then, I would have to say negotiations very likely weren't going well.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
I also realize that Strome hitting 50pts that one season means jack all now. He is no Cogliano or even Gagner. He padded his state when the season was over and pressure off. This team can't afford 3M 3rd line players.
So you use brodziaks outlier season to compare him to strome, but throw out Strome's outlier season when we compare them?

Which one is it, you can't have it both ways.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I think if Nurse comes off a 30+ point season with solid defensive numbers, we see a 8 year 5.75 mill/year dear offered to him

Exactly, I'm quite certain management just wants more data on Nurse, which is completely understandable when we are talking about paying him (predominantly) for his defensive skill and physical attributes.

It's easy to pay top dollar for offense, but Nurse doesn't really have that... we're hoping he's "mean Vlasic". You can't pay for 1 season of pretty good defense... you need to see consistency over time.

Reactions: nabob

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Strome had to be qualified at a certain amount. His previous contract set the tone for this one. His 50 point season set up his last contract.
It’s amazing how many people have such strong opinions about contracts without having a clue how the cba affects them. These Nurse threads have been frustrating reads.

Reactions: belair and nabob

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
There's a clip on the oilers site with Leon and his dad and there's some funny content about Nurse in that video.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
The Islanders had 101 points the year that Strome had 50 points and he had 27 of his 50 points by December 31st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad