Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Timing is just weird. Why put in a new coach and then fire him so quickly when he has a crap roster? Why keep your GM going into this year? Why fire the GM AFTER you trade your biggest asset?

Only thing I can think of is that Regier was kept on to trade Vanek and then let go afterwards. I'd like to bring in Regier as a special consultant ^^ but that's not really feasible.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Timing is just weird. Why put in a new coach and then fire him so quickly when he has a crap roster? Why keep your GM going into this year? Why fire the GM AFTER you trade your biggest asset?

Vanek could've arguably been considered the biggest asset, but you still have upcoming UFA's like Miller and Moulson that could fetch a handsome return as well. Something had to have happened behind the scenes for Pegula to make this decision at this time.

Sharppi

4 more years of Dub.
Jul 15, 2011
Finland
Brian Compton ‏@BComptonNHL 2m
Rick DiPietro pulled in Charlotte tonight after allowing 5 goals on 15 shots.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
Really horrible news about Stamkos. Great player in our game and hate to see that happen, hope he still comes back this year.

Not surprised Rolston got canned, I'm usually never a fan of firing a coach after less then one year like Edmonton stupidly firing Krueger, but Rolston really seemed to have no grip on his team. Regier sure cashed in on trades, but he really struggled in FA and developing players.

Still, I'd be shocked if Regier doesn't get a job again somewhere.

Billy Mays Here*

Look, I know we're all pretty pissed about what happened in the game tonight but can we at least put our anger aside for a brief moment and laugh at Edmonton some more? They just got shutout for the 3rd straight home game tonight against the Stars.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I should feel bad for Nick Schultz, but I don't. Can't explain why. Those Oilers' fans shouldn't have been so cocky about stacking up all the "talent" in the way that they did. Makes them look pretty silly right about now. I think Yakupov is going to be chased out of town sooner rather than later. Fans already turning on him.

Haite

x
Jun 27, 2011
Look, I know we're all pretty pissed about what happened in the game tonight but can we at least put our anger aside for a brief moment and laugh at Edmonton some more? They just got shutout for the 3rd straight home game tonight against the Stars.

I'd hate to go there... but in the two preceding games they only managed to score once in each game, making it 2 goals in their last 5 home games. Their home record is 1-6, and the lone win was in a shootout. But in all fairness, their schedule has been heavily slated towards road games thus far.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
The Oilers are a mess. I do think they took steps in the right direction in the offseason with the Perron trade and signing Ference, but those moves were not enough. They need more than just Ference when it comes to veteran leadership. They have been an obnoxious young team with basically no strong veteran presence and this problem has yet to be fixed. They are probably going to get rid of Yakupov at some point, but I actually think trading one of Hall, RNH and Eberle would have a better long-term effect. Those three have seemed to have their own little club. Ironically enough the Wild have several players for whom the Oilers should be willing to sell the farm for.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
currently my most coveted MN player playing elsewhere: brock nelson

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
currently my most coveted MN player playing elsewhere: brock nelson

We have no room for him and he won't be better than Coyle or Nino. Third line, maybe, but he'd be more useful in a top six role.

A Minnesotan playing elsewhere that would be a cool addition would be someone like, oh I don't know, Ryan McDonagh?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
We have no room for him and he won't be better than Coyle or Nino. Third line, maybe, but he'd be more useful in a top six role.

A Minnesotan playing elsewhere that would be a cool addition would be someone like, oh I don't know, Ryan McDonagh?

too much to get him. i was factoring in price in my list because while yeah, i'd LOVE to get a lambo a M3 is feasible.

But "he won't be better than Coyle or Nino" is not a fact, when Nelson's rookie year is already (slightly) above Coyles in terms of PPG

edit: also like Coyle, a C who can play wing.

right now with a bigger sample size Coyle is safest. Nino has the highest ceiling. But Nelson could be a happy medium between the two.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Speaking of teams in our division shellacking teams...

STL 7-3 over COL
DAL 7-3 over CGY

On the brightside though, I was some 30 points behind my matchup in fantasy tonight, but I have Seguin, St. Louis and Filppula on my team. Now I'm 25 points above. :yo: Thanks Seguin lol

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Beauty.

King_interference.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad