Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

elnewby

Feb 21, 2012
MT
Shame what happened to Stamkos. Such a great player and to see him get that kind of injury is terrible. Not to mention disgusting, I could only watch it one or two times. Hope for a speedy recovery.

vitogor

Oct 26, 2002
Minnesota
Visit site
Hope it's not a complicated fracture... :( Get well soon Stamkos!

On a positive note, love watching the annual train wreck up in Eddy! Now Yakupov is basically demanding a trade :laugh:

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Yakupov wants out of Edmonton ASAP. This has to be karma for picking 1st overall three years in a row. :laugh:

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Their failure is bittersweet knowing that they'll probably be getting yet another 1st overall pick this year.

It's like that slow kid in school that thinks he's better than everyone and he keeps failing. After a while, you just shake your head, throw up your hands and walk away.

Ladde

Apr 28, 2012
Yakupov isn´t exactly mature about the situation but it´s the Oilers so I don´t blame him too much. :laugh:

OpRedDawn*

I hope he goes KHL so the loloilers don't get a return on him. Then again, he could be risky for a gm to put up real assets for. Who knows

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=691168&navid=nhl:topheads

Edmonton Oilers forward Nail Yakupov told reporters Tuesday he has not asked for a trade and has no desire to leave the team.

"I don't want to talk about anything bad," Yakupov said. "I just want to say I'd like to be here. I love to be in Edmonton. I love the city, I love to play with these players. I've known for a couple of years a couple of guys. It's a great atmosphere with great people around, great staff, great equipment managers, doctors and everybody. I just want to be a part of the Oilers."

However, Yakupov did say he has been frustrated this season. The second-year forward has two goals, two assists and a minus-14 rating in 17 games. He's averaging 15:28 of ice time per game, but has been a healthy scratch twice and has played 11:08 or fewer in three straight games.
Taken by the Oilers with the first pick of the 2012 NHL Draft, Yakupov led all rookies last season with 17 goals and 31 points.

"I just want to play," Yakupov said. "I don't want to play nine or five minutes. I think I can play more and I can help my teammates to do something to get some points. We need points. I'm 20 years old and I think that's a pretty important year for me to learn how to play hockey.

"I just want to play, I want to help and I want to have fun. It's a simple thing. I want to play hockey."

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
It's not the NHL, but here's a player in Norway celebrating after his team won 8-3.

Pretty funny.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Is anyone else as annoyed as I am that Bouchard in this season with the Islanders has already scored half of the goals he did with the Wild last year and the year before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad