Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
Hockey doesn't belong in California.

I actually have no issue with the Bay Area and Los Angeles each having a team. They've got good fans, they've got some history now, and ultimately they have enough people (and the right demographic mix) to have a solid hockey community.

But my god, giving a suburb of LA its own team with the Kings were already there was just the height of stupidity.

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND
I actually have no issue with the Bay Area and Los Angeles each having a team. They've got good fans, they've got some history now, and ultimately they have enough people (and the right demographic mix) to have a solid hockey community.

But my god, giving a suburb of LA its own team with the Kings were already there was just the height of stupidity.

I spose I could live with LA and SJ having one, but I hate the Ducks.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
How long was the pregame festivities for that outdoor game, and how much of it was actually related to hockey? I've seen volleyball, ties to baseball, a pretty sad musical performance, a pep band.....how about some hockey tradition? It may be fun for the fans there, but it's overkill of them trying to force "California and Hollywood" on the viewers. We get it. It's an outdoor game in California. Don't forget that this is about a hockey game. Don't treat it like it's a quick game sandwiched in between a bunch of unrelated hype.

I don't mind them having the game there....but the festivities have sucked.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I spose I could live with LA and SJ having one, but I hate the Ducks.

The Ducks are abominations. It was a sin unto the hockey world that Anaheim was getting a hockey team while we were losing ours.

Should have found a way to either keep the North Stars in Minnesota and give the expansion to Dallas, or give the expansion to Minnesota, take the North Stars name and history, and for Dallas to rebrand itself.

llamapalooza

Hockey State Expat
Aug 11, 2010
Montréal
The Ducks are abominations. It was a sin unto the hockey world that Anaheim was getting a hockey team while we were losing ours.

Should have found a way to either keep the North Stars in Minnesota and give the expansion to Dallas, or give the expansion to Minnesota, take the North Stars name and history, and for Dallas to rebrand itself.

And to add insult to injury, the new Anaheim team was a marketing gimmick for a movie about hockey tradition in Minnesota. :shakehead

Northland Wild Man

Finnesotans?
Jun 14, 2011
Grand Forks, ND

I'll always remember them gooning there way to a cup. That really pissed me off. That and the May incident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad