Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Laine with 5 goals tonight against STL. 13 mins left in the 3rd.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Brings back memories of Gabby's 5-goal game. Damn that was an awesome night. The arena chanting "we want six!"......so damn loud.

FVM

This does not please me.
Jan 26, 2010
Vantaa, Finland
Since Laine entered the league no one has scored more goals than him. Ovechkin and Laine both have 99 goals in that time span, but Patrik has done it in 10 fewer games.

Stealing from the main boards. This is an incredible stat.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Austin Matthews back tonight, looks like he never missed any time. Toronto leading 2-1 halfway through the first, Mathews with a goal and an assist both on the pp... one of which he drew.

Reactions: ANDI P IS CUTE

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Nylander signing reported with <5 minutes before the deadline. 6x$6.9M.

So we'll have about 10 mins of Leafs fans rejoicing and then the next batch of trade proposals centering around him starts, right? :sarcasm:

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Fenton didn’t think Nylander was worth $6.9m? Hmmmm.

Well he's like a ~$10m cap hit this year, and to get him to take the $6.9m (after this year) it had to go right to the deadline. GMPF would be out of a job if he had traded (Dumba, Spurgeon+, Zucker+, Nino+, etc) for Nylander's rights and then couldn't get him signed.

Tor will be in a cap bind next year, so Nylander rumors to everywhere will start back up soon enough.

Reactions: Bazeek

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Sounds like this hiring was about like Fenton's, with Fletcher the presumptive choice from the beginning.

I wouldn't bet on anything actually happening, but I'll be curious to see if any trade rumors pop up between the Wild and Flyers. We should have a number of guys at least semi-available that Fletcher's very familiar with.

Reactions: DumbaTrain

nt3005

Jan 12, 2015
Dakota Territory

Sounds like this hiring was about like Fenton's, with Fletcher the presumptive choice from the beginning.

I wouldn't bet on anything actually happening, but I'll be curious to see if any trade rumors pop up between the Wild and Flyers. We should have a number of guys at least semi-available that Fletcher's very familiar with.

Im guessing him and Fenton will have more than 1 conversation. I think there's a trade to be made, both teams need a spark.

Wabit

May 23, 2016

It's a good hire by Philly, GMCF should do well there.

If there is any trades I think it'll be prospects more than NHL players. He can ship off prospects he doesn't like in Philly for his guys in MN that GMPF doesn't like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad