Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I think the next LO will either make it easier for teams with NMC or make it worse. It's going to be funny when Seattle comes into the league the same year we have another dispute.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
I like Steelheads, Admirals, Chinook, Evergreens, Surge, Ascent, and Mountaineers.

Last edited:

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Pretty much the best idea. But any walk is met with the danger of having to fight a crowd of homeless people. That get's old.

I know what you mean, and it's really bad in many places.

Honestly as bad as it is, and it is bad, I don't encounter many of the homeless people who come up to people along the water front. The big crowds of them are up a little bit, 3rd over to Pioneer Station.

I think with the Viaduct coming down there will be even less space for bums to have tents and be along the waterfront. Lower Queen Anne / Seattle Center area also is not crowded with all the homeless.

The big thing for me is that during hockey season I will have to walk in the rain, something I have yet to get used to even living here for five years. I'm like a cat in the rain :eek:

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
There just isn't as much space to put a tent by the water as there is in some other places. That Viaduct demolition is gonna be interesting.

I don't mind the rain, given that it's mostly a drizzle. I just can't stand the having wet socks at any point. My emergency roadside kit is just fresh socks.

Reactions: stlwahoo

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Some stuff from GMCF's presser for Philly.

“My first season in Minnesota, we were looking for a veteran defenseman to come in,” he recounted. “We were also looking to dump a little payroll. So I came up with this brilliant idea of trading Nick Leddy to the Chicago Blackhawks. He’d been our first-round pick the year before. We picked up a veteran defenseman in Cam Barker, who had 40 points the year before, and we were able to offload another player and save some money. It was genius. I got under budget, I added a veteran D, and I traded away a young defenseman that may never play. How’s Nick Leddy done?”

“I think there’s certain inputs you have to look at when you make a decision, and I was kind of just a gunslinger then,” he acknowledged. “Again, not every trade you make now works out. Sometimes you can have a process and make a really good decision in a lot of ways, and it just doesn’t work out. Sometimes you get lucky the other way, you’re not prepared and somebody falls in your lap. There was no process there, I made a terrible decision. I saw Nick later on, and said, ‘Sorry about that.’ He said, ‘You traded me to Chicago, it worked out OK.’ You learn from those things. Not every decision turns out, but it’s a process, and going about things the right ways.”

Charlie O'Connor: Fletcher sure sounded a lot like Hextall...

Reactions: FVM

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Seattle Grunge

IMG_20181206_082832_zpsdvpxfgmi.jpg

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Man Draisaitl had a horrible controller disconnected play today that resulted in a STL breakaway (stopped).

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
hey down in florida , tampa has beach viewing parties for away games. it looked really cool with a huge beach tv but my amigos wanted to drink instead (not hockey fans)

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I was wrong about Tuch - 21 points in 22 games. Thought he would be decent, but near PPG? I'd thought you'd be crazy.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I was wrong about Tuch - 21 points in 22 games. Thought he would be decent, but near PPG? I'd thought you'd be crazy.
He seemed a bit slow and clumsy in MN. Now he seems fast. I think it's just how he sees, processes, and reacts to the game.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
It was 6 games. All of the critiques at the time were inane.

Do you think another 3 games would have helped? 9 games is all we get to critique CHL players before we send them down. They were fair assessments at the time.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Do you think another 3 games would have helped? 9 games is all we get to critique CHL players before we send them down. They were fair assessments at the time.

Timid, afraid, slow and clumsy were not fair assessments. He looked like 98% of the young players that come into the league. People questioning his NHL future (and there were some) based on those 6 games definitely wasn't fair.

Reactions: TaLoN and 2Pair

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Timid, afraid, slow and clumsy were not fair assessments. He looked like 98% of the young players that come into the league. People questioning his NHL future (and there were some) based on those 6 games definitely wasn't fair.

It was how he looked at the time; which is a fair assessment. Calling him a future PPG player or a bust would have been speculation.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Yeah, I fully disagree with him looking like that.

You thought he looked like a NHL player when he got called up? Rookie or not, he wasn't ready for the NHL when he got called up. There's nothing wrong with that, he learned some of what the NHL game was and what areas he had to improve on.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
You thought he looked like a NHL player when he got called up? Rookie or not, he wasn't ready for the NHL when he got called up. There's nothing wrong with that, he learned some of what the NHL game was and what areas he had to improve on.
He looked exatly like every hockey player looks when you ask them to play at a speed that they have never played at before.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I had zero concerns about his NHL future after watching those 6 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->