Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Blues are a mess.

Also Chicago has lost 18 of 21, with an 8 game losing streak in there to go along with their current 7 game losing streak. Of course one of their wins was against the Wild.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Doesn't show how it started but Bortuzzo throwing punches when Sanford has both his gloves on seems to be a pretty big ass hat move.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Just a FYI:
capfriendly has their Seattle expansion draft tool setup if anyone wants to play around. They just auto extended any players who's contracts expire between now and the draft.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Just a FYI:
capfriendly has their Seattle expansion draft tool setup if anyone wants to play around. They just auto extended any players who's contracts expire between now and the draft.

I did for Vegas that time around... I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I did for Vegas that time around... I was waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay off.

The draft is too far away for me to worry about. The rosters across the NHL will change so much between now and the actual draft. To be fair most people were way off. The trades were really hard to account for, it wasn't just the BPA from each team. :dunno:

There was some talk on here when this expansion was announced about who the Wild would have to protect.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I sure hope that Fenton is thinking ahead and making moves(if necessary) so that we don't get stuck like we did last time.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I sure hope that Fenton is thinking ahead and making moves(if necessary) so that we don't get stuck like we did last time.

Not having a stagnate cap should help as much as anything. If GMCF could have dangled Zucker to Vegas, that trade/pick probably looks a lot different. Also the Scandella/Pommer trade probably doesn't happen the same way. I still think Scandella would have been traded, but for a different return.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Not having a stagnate cap should help as much as anything. If GMCF could have dangled Zucker to Vegas, that trade/pick probably looks a lot different. Also the Scandella/Pommer trade probably doesn't happen the same way. I still think Scandella would have been traded, but for a different return.

He could've by not protecting him, but he did and Zucker went on to score 30 goals for us. His whole downfall was the Pominville NMC, which he gave prior to Vegas even being approved, let alone the expansion rules being set. Without that, Pommer is exposed, Staal and Zucker are both protected, we let Vegas pick between Brodin and Scandella, and Tuch is on our roster this year, maybe Haula too.

Reactions: TaLoN and Bazeek

Wabit

May 23, 2016
He could've by not protecting him, but he did and Zucker went on to score 30 goals for us. His whole downfall was the Pominville NMC, which he gave prior to Vegas even being approved, let alone the expansion rules being set. Without that, Pommer is exposed, Staal and Zucker are both protected, we let Vegas pick between Brodin and Scandella, and Tuch is on our roster this year, maybe Haula too.

Or Dumba. Scandella wasn't getting picked, he was bad all year but had a good Playoffs.

Seriously people forget that Dumba (Dumba55 showed up too often) really wasn't good the year before the expansion draft. Brodin was also coming off of a career high in points (only 9 less than Dumba).

The discussion was would having Scandella/Brodin as a shutdown pair be better than Scandella/Dumba as the 2nd pairing going ahead. The same discussions we had on here was what the Wild's FO was having about who to protect.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Or Dumba. Scandella wasn't getting picked, he was bad all year but had a good Playoffs.

Seriously people forget that Dumba (Dumba55 showed up too often) really wasn't good the year before the expansion draft. Brodin was also coming off of a career high in points (only 9 less than Dumba).

The discussion was would having Scandella/Brodin as a shutdown pair be better than Scandella/Dumba as the 2nd pairing going ahead. The same discussions we had on here was what the Wild's FO was having about who to protect.
zero chance Dumba would've been exposed

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Yeah, I don't think there was much of a chance of Dumba being the odd one out. Skillset, handedness and age were all working in his favor. He was 11 goals + 24 assists and a +15 in the year before the expansion draft at 22 years old, so I don't really know how that parlays itself into "wasn't good".

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Well, I'll give you 1/3 credit. You got one of the 3 numbers correct. Just add a 10 in front of that 0 if you'd like full credit.

100% chance Dumba wouldn't have been exposed.

Like that?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well, I'll give you 1/3 credit. You got one of the 3 numbers correct. Just add a 10 in front of that 0 if you'd like full credit.
Oooh, if I had known that you were going to be giving "credit" I would've tried harder. Every time this conversation comes up, you make the same foolish comments. Nobody who gets paid to evaluate talent, would choose Brodin over Dumba. Add in the factors that the good Dr. mentions above, and it isn't even worth discussing.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Except for the fact that he was.
The list as submitted had nothing to do with who would/wouldn't have been protected had a deal not been in place.

I think it was clear that they valued Dumba more based on the fact that all the trade speculation was around Brodin and not Dumba leading up to the expansion draft.

I think they put Brodin on the list just to help his psyche after all the trade speculation surrounding him the 48 hours before.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Lomberg (CGY) finished his suspension from the last MN game and was snet back down to the AHL today.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
The Buffalo Sabres today announced that forward Patrik Berglund has been suspended indefinitely by the organization due to failure to report to the team. There will be no further information or comment at this time.

Buffalo doing Buffalo things.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Buffalo Sabres today announced that forward Patrik Berglund has been suspended indefinitely by the organization due to failure to report to the team. There will be no further information or comment at this time.

Buffalo doing Buffalo things.
Huh? They're actually good this year too... so it's not like he's stuck on a terrible team. I see he has been healthy scratched, so maybe it's something with that. But still, sort of strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->