Non-Minnesota NHL News XIV - Seattle Expansion(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Slash? Why stop at breaking bones? Two hand them to the side of the knee so they never skate again. Make those 2 minutes worth it.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I'm so glad the Lucic type of player is going extinct in hockey. Although there are a still a few out there lingering, at least everyone can actually play the game now. Although the most baffling case is still one of the best teams in the league in Nashville somehow still employing Rinaldo.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
As someone who played many decades ago up north, when hockey was REALLY rough, I think the new NHL is great, for the most part. The lack of stick infractions, interference, and grabbing allows skilled players to shine. I also wish they would crack down on the post whistle cross checks in the lower back, and punches to the face, though if the offensive player is taking whacks at your goalie then he needs to be called, too.

I'd rather put up with the odd weak call than go back to the Molasses slow clutch and grab game.

Reactions: FVM and 2Pair

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm so glad the Lucic type of player is going extinct in hockey. Although there are a still a few out there lingering, at least everyone can actually play the game now. Although the most baffling case is still one of the best teams in the league in Nashville somehow still employing Rinaldo.
Eh, it's the old deterrent theory.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
3b9_e335123b12.jpg

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I liked Lucic when he was in Boston and could actually play hockey. Now, it's just sort of sad.

Reactions: Dee Oh Cee

chchelseII

Sep 24, 2014
Avs GDT outstanding reading yet again! Had two goals called back for offsides and the meltdown ensues. They even moved it to the main board. It's surely bad karma for me to continue doing this but I enjoy it so.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Avs GDT outstanding reading yet again! Had two goals called back for offsides and the meltdown ensues. They even moved it to the main board. It's surely bad karma for me to continue doing this but I enjoy it so.
It's very funny cause I'm pretty sure they scored a goal against us in the playoffs that was offsides.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
The Bruins jerseys were posted already but I thought I'd post both jerseys side by side.

45698422_10155999079437201_6712799382728605696_o.jpg

Despite what you think about these teams being in the WC again, I think those are both really good looking jerseys (although the Hawks couldn't go with much else for this one).

Wabit

May 23, 2016
All of today's games are "free games" from the NHL site. The COL/EDM 8:30 game is one I'll probably check out.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I always like these stories where the emergency goalie gets a seat on the bench.

The Capitals had to dress a 31-year-old women's hockey coach as their backup goalie vs. Jets

During warmups:

It sounds like seeing his first shot from Ovechkin didn't go so well: "I was hoping no one saw that — pretty star-struck," said McHale. "And then star-struck for the next three or four after that until I kind of settled in and the guys said a couple things to me. So it was good."

I'd probably need new pants after seeing an Ovi shot, even if it was in warmups. :nod:

Reactions: DumbaTrain
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad