OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
I think it's because KAT and DLo are good friends and as such, should have better chemistry.
Russ and Harden are good friends, can’t have them on the floor at the same time. Lebron and DWade are good friends, it took them over a year to fully gel. Durant loved Russ as a friend but decided to leave because their styles didn’t match.

being friends doesn’t equate to playing well together

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I’m not claiming to know a ton about basketball but I’m pretty sure Russell is exactly like Wiggins except shorter and can shoot a little better. All my friends are excited but it seems like a lateral move.

They both might be cancerous to a locker room. That said, the Wolves are atrocious, so getting rid of Wiggins was good as far as I can tell.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Towns, Russell and Booker (plays for the Suns) have talked about playing together. We now have 2 of the 3. Not sure how we'd get Booker though, he'd be more expensive than Russell.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
TWolves are a cautionary tale for those interested in embracing tanking.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I think it's because KAT and DLo are good friends and as such, should have better chemistry.
Good. Wiggins was so uninspiring...I don't know if I've ever seen a pro athlete so flippant about their duties literally the day after signing for like $150 million. Like I said I'm actually shocked anyone would have taken him. Then again, he might go on to win three NBA championships now, so who knows.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Good. Wiggins was so uninspiring...I don't know if I've ever seen a pro athlete so flippant about their duties literally the day after signing for like $150 million. Like I said I'm actually shocked anyone would have taken him. Then again, he might go on to win three NBA championships now, so who knows.
The reason a team was willing to trade for him was because they were giving up DLo. It should tell you all you need to know about DLo

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Sox want top 10 prospect now too. They can pound sand...
I swear if the Twins cave to them.....Boston can go @#!$ themselves. They didn't do their homework and are dealing with the backlash for it. Too bad. You don't get to renegotiate and bully another club to make up for your incompetence.

WALK AWAY, TWINS! WALK AWAY!

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I swear if the Twins cave to them.....Boston can go @#!$ themselves. They didn't do their homework and are dealing with the backlash for it. Too bad. You don't get to renegotiate and bully another club to make up for your incompetence.

WALK AWAY, TWINS! WALK AWAY!
We're just a tag along in a 3 team swap. If the Sox are that insistent, then they can find another team to try and swindle. Their new GM realized what a mistake it was trading Betts and is now trying to salvage what he can.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Twins pull out of the Betts deal. Good - don't give up another good prospect.
Conflicting reports with nobody "confirming" anything... only reportedly one thing or reportedly another...

Now local source saying they haven't yet either... but they don't "expect" a deal done at the same time...

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Conflicting reports with nobody "confirming" anything... only reportedly one thing or reportedly another...

Now local source saying they haven't yet either... but they don't "expect" a deal done at the same time...

Yeah I had heard LaVelle had reported they were backing out, but it appears he has backtracked on that a little bit. Either way, it seems like they won't be giving up anything of substance at least.

Reactions: TaLoN

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I swear some Sox fans think that the Twins hid the fact that Graterol's whole arm is falling off. :laugh: If he's soooooo injured, then ask yourself this, "Why the @#$! would their GM still want him in the deal?" Why? Because it's BS on Boston's part. Period.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
I swear some Sox fans think that the Twins hid the fact that Graterol's whole arm is falling off. :laugh: If he's soooooo injured, then ask yourself this, "Why the @#$! would their GM still want him in the deal?" Why? Because it's BS on Boston's part. Period.
Yep. Boston is in salvage mode right now.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I still want Maeda, if there's a way...
Then you'll like this bit of news...

Report: Twins could still get Maeda in separate deal
Bob Nightengale brought some interesting information into play a few hours ago.

Bob Nightengale✔@BNightengale

Team officials involved in deal say the #Twins could still get Kenta Maeda from #Dodgers but it would be separate deal not directly involving the Red Sox.
3:01 PM - Feb 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
152 people are talking about this
Now, because this a Bob-tweet without other confirmation, I suggest you take this information with a grain of salt big enough to fill Target Field.
Update: we have another reporter suggesting the same thing:

Mark Feinsand✔@Feinsand

Latest on the Betts trade (1/2): per source, the Red Sox are focused on getting a deal done with the Dodgers above all else. The Twins appear to be out of the three-way deal, though a separate trade for Maeda remains in play.
5:42 PM - Feb 8, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
315 people are talking about this
This, however, might be the best possible outcome for the Twins. If they can get Maeda and keep a fireballing 21-year old with options as a piece of the bullpen at the same time, that only makes the 2020 that much stronger. It’s especially good if they manage to make the Dodgers slightly weaker in the process, as LA will be the favorite to represent the National League in the World Series going into spring training.

Sure, the Dodgers have enough pitching depth Maeda won’t really sting to lose (since they were willing to trade him anyway,) but sending them a prospect who’s a couple years away does take a small piece from their 2020 puzzle. If the Twins can acquire Maeda for a couple of lower-minors prospects, its a huge boost to the 2020 team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad