OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Minnesota controls whether or not they will make the CFB. Big win and games against Iowa, Wisconsin and (likely) Ohio State if they make the Big Ten Championship.

We could win the next 3 games by 50 points each, I still think we'd be two touchdown underdogs against Ohio St.

Reactions: TaLoN

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Ain't no one in the B10 beating OSU. They were up like 33-0 and decided to do a onside kick for the lolz.
It was 14-0 when it happened and they played Maryland... Minnesota just beat them 52-10. Hardly a threat.

Wisconsin had them close at 10-7 early in the second half and then Chase Young started doing Chase Young things to Wisconsin's anemic offense. He had 4 sacks and 5 tackles for loss on the day. The rest of OSU's defense had 1 sack, 3 tackles for loss.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
It was 14-0 when it happened and they played Maryland... Minnesota just beat them 52-10. Hardly a threat.

Wisconsin had them close at 10-7 early in the second half and then Chase Young started doing Chase Young things to Wisconsin's anemic offense. He had 4 sacks and 5 tackles for loss on the day. The rest of OSU's defense had 1 sack, 3 tackles for loss.
It was a dick move was what I was getting at.
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
It was a dick move was what I was getting at.
It’s not really a dick move at that score. Could have easily backfired on them.

Illinois had a sick comeback win yesterday against MSU. Down by 25 at one point. Scored a last second touchdown to go up.

Watch Penn's rank will drop a lot more than the Gophers rise.
I'm looking forward to seeing how the rankings play out. Mandel on The Athletic put Minnesota at #4.

Last edited by a moderator:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It’s not really a dick move at that score. Could have easily backfired on them.

Illinois had a sick comeback win yesterday against MSU. Down by 25 at one point. Scored a last second touchdown to go up.

I'm looking forward to seeing how the rankings play out. Mandel on The Athletic put Minnesota at #4.
I've heard others say the Gophers might be in the top 10. We'll see...I don't think the Gophers usually get enough respect for that, but who knows.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I've heard others say the Gophers might be in the top 10. We'll see...I don't think the Gophers usually get enough respect for that, but who knows.
You get respect by beating top opponents though. I understand Minnesota outside of the top 10 prior to beating PSU because their schedule was a bunch of cupcake teams.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You get respect by beating top opponents though. I understand Minnesota outside of the top 10 prior to beating PSU because their schedule was a bunch of cupcake teams.
I've seen "decent" Minnesota teams in the past, who were ranked in the late teens playing a tougher schedule than this year, beat a team ranked 10th, yet they only moved up 1 spot, where the other team dropped into the 20's.

Organization rep does have an impact...or seems to have at times.

Will be interesting if Penn drops more than Minnesota rises, or if it's an even split type thing.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I've seen "decent" Minnesota teams in the past, who were ranked in the late teens playing a tougher schedule than this year, beat a team ranked 10th, yet they only moved up 1 spot, where the other team dropped into the 20's.

Organization rep does have an impact...or seems to have at times.

Will be interesting if Penn drops more than Minnesota rises, or if it's an even split type thing.
It's also difficult cause what if everyone in front of them won their game? This week the only teams in front of Minnesota to lose were Alabama (vs LSU), Penn St., and Kansas St.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017

I agree. But I think it's rightfully so to an extent.

The bottom line is if they win-out, they will have to be in the Final Four, right?

Gophers haven't won in Iowa in 20 years, so this coming weekend's game is just as big as yesterday's game.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
I'm not going to dream that they are in Ohio State's class. I'd have to see it to believe it.
Ohio State is beatable, especially without Chase Young. I'm telling you, him being out is such a difference maker for that team. Not often you see a Heisman candidate from the defensive side of the ball.

I know seeing is believing... But I hate Ohio State. I hope they choke.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Ohio State is beatable, especially without Chase Young. I'm telling you, him being out is such a difference maker for that team. Not often you see a Heisman candidate from the defensive side of the ball.

I know seeing is believing... But I hate Ohio State. I hope they choke.
I don’t like OSU either, but I think (and it should happen) Chase Young’s suspension will get reduced. He’s fantastic and will probably be the first non-QB taken in the draft.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Good start all around for the Vikes. Mike Hughes struggling early but just made a couple plays. Good thing the Cowboys haven't done their homework on Rhodes' struggles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->