OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Unless someone else goes above and beyond aka MOH stuff, they will always give it to the QB.
If the QB plays a mediocre game, you give the award to the player that makes the biggest plays. Damien Williams made the two biggest plays of the game in the 4th quarter.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
If the QB plays a mediocre game, you give the award to the player that makes the biggest plays. Damien Williams made the two biggest plays of the game in the 4th quarter.
Logically that make sense. But the NFL is all about story lines and legacies, and Mahomes being named the MVP at this stage in his career is something the NFL will do everything in its power to make happen. It's not fair but that is how the league sees it.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Logically that make sense. But the NFL is all about story lines and legacies, and Mahomes being named the MVP at this stage in his career is something the NFL will do everything in its power to make happen. It's not fair but that is how the league sees it.
This time, not every time.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The Twins are the third team in the Mookie Betts trade. They traded away Graterol(!!!) for Kenta Maeda. Seems dumb to me.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
The Twins are the third team in the Mookie Betts trade. They traded away Graterol(!!!) for Kenta Maeda. Seems dumb to me.
Screams "PANIC". They are going to spin this as a win now mode type of move. All I see is Boston getting a starting CF and a potential elite closer.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
This Maeda guy is going to be 32yo when the season begins, and we traded Graterol for him? WTF?

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
It's official: now Graterol will go on to the Hall of Fame.

I don't know, we will never know because they moved him to the 'pen. I have heard other people on other forums say they think the Twins won this trade getting Maeda.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I have mixed emotions on Graterol, odds are he's destined for the bullpen and I think the Twins viewed him that way in the future. That, combined with the fact 2 of his last 3 seasons he's dealt with non-minor shoulder issues made this move for a solid middle-starter make sense in the immediate future. At least I think that's the mindset for the front office.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Maeda's a NL guy playing in Dodger stadium, which inflates his stats. Twins still have three years of control on him, but I just don't see anything near elite with him...average at best, and like I said, at 32 he doesn't have any upside. More likely to have downside.

To me, this is a waste of Graterol as a trade chip. He's the sort of guy you throw into a deal at the TDL to get a truly elite guy.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Someone posted his stats against RH batters and it is pretty good. So if we face the Yankees again we will only lose 5-1 instead of 11-4.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN

The Red Sox, after viewing the medical records of Twins right-hander Brusdar Graterol, projected him more as a reliever than as a starter, according to sources involved with the discussions. As a result of that valuation, the Sox might ask for an additional player and/or money to bridge the gap, though it is unclear whether the player would come from the Twins or Dodgers, sources said.
Interesting... maybe the Twins are making the right move?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Not a Wolves fan, but they finally did it! Wiggins traded to Golden State for D'Angelo Russell! More pieces/picks involved too.

Reactions: Northerner

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Wiggins. Was a lazy, arrogant punk who was draining our cap to the tune of like $30 million a year. If true, I'm thrilled they got rid of him. I thought no one would be dumb enough to take him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I hope Guerin can pull off a deal that good

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Russell's cRussell'scap hit is about same Wiggins. Oh well. Glad he's gone. jgone.just a lazy punk, he was.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
Russell's cRussell'scap hit is about same Wiggins. Oh well. Glad he's gone. jgone.just a lazy punk, he was.
I’m not claiming to know a ton about basketball but I’m pretty sure Russell is exactly like Wiggins except shorter and can shoot a little better. All my friends are excited but it seems like a lateral move.

Reactions: 57special
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad