OT: Non-Hockey Sports Thread IX - Let's Go Bowling! (Two-Minute Tommy Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Imagine if the Bucks took Embiid instead of Jabari when they had a legit top 3 pick... Giannis is proof you can find a gem anywhere in the draft. Jabari is proof that a top 3 pick doesn’t mean anything.

Giannis is so dominant in the paint that if you surround him with four 3 point shooters they become almost unstoppable. Budenholzer requires everyone to be able to shoot the 3. With Giannis developing a 3 point shot, it’s just not fair for the other team.
Would Giannis be this good if he had Jabaris injury history? I don't think he was good enough for the 3OV, but having your knees fall apart didn't help.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
The NFL passed the new CBA. 7 playoff teams per conference starting this year. 17-game seasons likely to start in 2021.

fentonsbrainchild

Jul 29, 2019
The NFL passed the new CBA. 7 playoff teams per conference starting this year. 17-game seasons likely to start in 2021.
I wonder what the algorithm for the new game will be. I heard the idea that it should be you play the same team every year from the opposite conference. i. e. Steelers vs. Eagles, Giants vs. Jets, 49ers vs Raiders so on and so forth. This would allow for inter conference rivalries

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I wonder what the algorithm for the new game will be. I heard the idea that it should be you play the same team every year from the opposite conference. i. e. Steelers vs. Eagles, Giants vs. Jets, 49ers vs Raiders so on and so forth. This would allow for inter conference rivalries
Yeah I was wondering that too. Otherwise maybe it'll be similar what they do today, except in the other conference. So if the Vikes got second place in the division, they'd be matched against 2nd place in a particular AFC division in the next year.

I want to know what they plan to do for number of home games vs. away games. It seems unfair if one team gets 9 home games while another gets 8. Maybe they'll try to give every team a neutral game every year?

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I don't understand NFL contracts at all. They extend him two years with an even higher salary, but his cap hit goes down by $10M this year?

I'm glad the NHL is much simpler, because NFL contracts are a confusing mess.

As far as actually extending Cousins... meh. They better draft a QB early by next year at the latest.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
DeAndre Hopkins for David Johnson? Wtf is going in on? The NFL is at least providing some entertainment today.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I don't understand NFL contracts at all. They extend him two years with an even higher salary, but his cap hit goes down by $10M this year?

I'm glad the NHL is much simpler, because NFL contracts are a confusing mess.

As far as actually extending Cousins... meh. They better draft a QB early by next year at the latest.
they can structure it so that it can be the same or more dollar amount but put into signing bonus or workout bonuses so that it doesn't account towards the cap but it still pays the player. at least that's how I see it after reading all the random non sense they say about it when they break down contracts. so he could have a 3 million dollar signing bonus, then add random millions into showing up for camp and working out.

Reactions: Wild11MN

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
Johnson is a shell of his former self. He had one great year and has struggled ever since.
under arians he was a beast but new OC didn't seem to wanna use him in the same ways. either way Diggs unhappy and complaining can be cancerous, no matter how good he is only so much you can take.

Phillyfan28

Jun 3, 2013
Generally curious a MN fan’s POV re: Diggs.

Given he seemingly wants out:
Would you take Alshon Jeffrey + draft pick(s)? Would a 2020 2nd + 2021 4th get it done?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Generally curious a MN fan’s POV re: Diggs.

Given he seemingly wants out:
Would you take Alshon Jeffrey + draft pick(s)? Would a 2020 2nd + 2021 4th get it done?

Assuming there isn't a player-for-player deal out there that makes sense, I think a 2nd rounder + is pretty fair.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He wanted out. We got him out. Solid return when you compare it to Hopkins today, and I think he'll hate Buffalo. :laugh:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Is there any truth to the rumor that Pominville is coming back to us in the Diggs deal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->