Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
What a stud you guys have! Kotkaniemi as well!

Not a stud yet,think stilt for now:)

upload_2020-8-2_13-9-9.jpeg

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
We need to get him at least 1 great winger. Drouin isnt cutting it and Armia is a 3rd liner. I think Dadonov would be a great winger for him.

Domi-Suzuki-Dadonov
Tatar-Danault-Gally

Reactions: Gains

Jul 6, 2016
We need to get him at least 1 great winger. Drouin isnt cutting it and Armia is a 3rd liner. I think Dadonov would be a great winger for him.

Domi-Suzuki-Dadonov
Tatar-Danault-Gally

Caufield is on his way. Give him another season at College or OHL level (if possible)

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
To which player(s) would you compare him?

My controversial opinion, takes a lot of explanation to explain but hear me out.

A smaller centre, great defensively, uses skill and great positioning, smartest player on the ice, game built on deception, steps up in big game moments.

Style-wise not talent-wise, I can't think of a better comparable than a lesser Crosby.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
If Caufield can make the transition to the NHL, I could see them being a deadly duo in a few years!

Dylan Holloway, our pick at 16th this year is going to be a very good complement player to Suzuki and CC:sarcasm:

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
compare, as in - swap the jerseys and you might not notice the difference right away?

easy answer: Pavel Datsyuk

the economical way he moves around the ice. The sneaky approach to stealing pucks. The high-end skill to slow things down when he has the puck. The poise and calmness.

I've got the same feeling. He might not have the same stickhandling abilities, but other than that, he looks like Datsyuk out there. They both understand the game at another level, making everything look effortless. That play where he stole Crosby's pass made him look like Neo once he got the Matrix figured out.

Reactions: a55p2

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I've got the same feeling. He might not have the same stickhandling abilities, but other than that, he looks like Datsyuk out there. They both understand the game at another level, making everything look effortless. That play where he stole Crosby's pass made him look like Neo once he got the Matrix figured out.

He looks like him too, gliding on the ice rather than taking lots of strides and using his body to protect the puck.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
The fact that head coach Mike Sullivan looked to move Evgeni Malkin away from his matchup with Suzuki is a compliment.

If last night is any indication of Suzuki's potential, then I feel like we've got a franchise defining player. Been thinking that for sometime this season because he's just continuously making plays that makes you think like no other play could have been better.

Yesterday, he made such excellent decision with his stick to cut passing lane or by stealing the puck back. He did it on a consistent basis too, almost every single play he was involved in. That's the main thing with him! It's that you're expecting him to replicate those plays because he's able to simultaneously adapt to the other team with excellent stick work, while also being very bold offensively in what he choses to do: deke, pass, shot.

In other words, when a play goes his way, it never feels like it was a lucky guess, but it always feels like he knew what he was doing all along. I think Armia's play is an interesting comparison here. Armia only seems to have the excellent stick work part, he's not as bold offensively. Things just happen to him, even though he's extremely reactive with his stick work. Suzuki takes from Armia on that, but adds the overall understanding of the offensive game. I also feel like that's why they complement each other so well, when you have two guys on a line with that much awereness of their positioning, stick work and forechecking it makes it hard for the other team. They should stay on the same line.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
My controversial opinion, takes a lot of explanation to explain but hear me out.

A smaller centre, great defensively, uses skill and great positioning, smartest player on the ice, game built on deception, steps up in big game moments.

Style-wise not talent-wise, I can't think of a better comparable than a lesser Crosby.

That sounds like Patrice Bergeron, and I think Julien has thrown that out there before.

I have to see more of him to figure out a comparable of my own.

When it comes to play making, I think he does show some shades of Nik backstrom, though.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
To me he looks so much like bergeron out there..a bit smaller but same type of player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad