Player Discussion Nick Suzuki Part 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I know speed doesn't make or break his game but man, if he could just get a bit faster and more explosive over the coming years, the sky would really be the limit for him.
I agree. If only he had more explosiveness, we'd be talking about an Aho-level of talent.

Reactions: FLHabs

Engelwood

Jul 1, 2018
Yes, totally like Marner except not as fast, not as good of a skater, less grit, not as good at carrying up the puck, and does not have as good of one timers. Besides that just like Marner!
And Suzuki already has more playoff series wins than him in his rookie year. You are right not like Marner at all. This guy wins big games.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

puckie

Jan 19, 2020

This was not a great play on Suzuki's part; the point totally flubbed the play. At the end, Suzuki totally failed on a great scoring opportunity and does not have top end speed to convert on the play.

I know you guys love him. I am just not seeing a dominant first line center. Decent 2nd or 3rd, but not our next #1 center.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
This was not a great play on Suzuki's part; the point totally flubbed the play. At the end, Suzuki totally failed on a great scoring opportunity and does not have top end speed to convert on the play.

I know you guys love him. I am just not seeing a dominant first line center. Decent 2nd or 3rd, but not our next #1 center.

So you think he MIGHT be slightly better than Danault? As well as never getting better than he is now?

That’s probably the boldest prediction I’ve seen on him

puckie

Jan 19, 2020
I like Danault and he ads alot that is not seen on the score sheet like his defensive play. However, he is not a first line center in my opinion. When I think of a first line center I think of talent level of MacKinnon, Seguin, Point, Aho, Pettersson, and Eichel.

Not that he is a center, but when you see Kaapo Kakko play lately, you start to see plays, speed, and strength of a round 1 pick who can a force in the future. I think we need to acquire someone like that.

I do not think we have any Cs on this team that level of talent/explosiveness.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I like Danault and he ads alot that is not seen on the score sheet like his defensive play. However, he is not a first line center in my opinion. When I think of a first line center I think of talent level of MacKinnon, Seguin, Point, Aho, Pettersson, and Eichel.

Not that he is a center, but when you see Kaapo Kakko play lately, you start to see plays, speed, and strength of a round 1 pick who can a force in the future. I think we need to acquire someone like that.

I do not think we have any Cs on this team that level of talent/explosiveness.
You can be successful and not be a burner. JT, Mathews, O'Reilly, Bergeron etc. None of em really rely on speed.

I agree we need more size and skill but while not exactly power forwards, Suzuki and KK aren't slow are weak. It's our wingers that are the issue. No size, skill or speed. Just grind.

Reactions: Redux91

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#Danault-Conférencedepresse(20/08/10):Suzuki
«Suzuki, évidemment, a été un très bon joueur avec nous depuis le jour 1. C'est un gars bon dans les deux sens de la patinoire. Il est très intelligent sur la glace et il a beaucoup de talent. Il est exactement ce qu'il nous faut.»

Shabs

Nov 16, 2017
Suzuki forte is his smarts and passing. He needs a sniper and a physical player on his wings.

Like Craig Janney?

i am curious: who here would trade him for lafreniere?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Suzuki forte is his smarts and passing. He needs a sniper and a physical player on his wings.

Like Craig Janney?

I would trade the whole roster for Lafreniere.

But Suzuki is also a heck of a sniper, he just doesnt seem to have much confidence in his shot right now.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He played one game like a #1 center, 2 games like a #2, and 1 game like a #3.

Not bad at all for his age, but don't get over-hyped yet.

Agreed. This is the problem in Montreal. A player like Suzuki can't fly under the radar and develop with no added pressure/expectations. He looks very good but he is 20 people. Let him be. Some can handle the pressure and some can't. We need to stop it with the hero or zero evaluations.

Reactions: jaffy27

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I would trade the whole roster for Lafreniere.

But Suzuki is also a heck of a sniper, he just doesnt seem to have much confidence in his shot right now.

Suzuki's wrist shot from the face off circle in, is very very good. Outside of that, he typically looks to pass or to try to create a play. Heading into this season he knew had to get stronger and he did. The kid has high hockey IQ and knows the areas of the game he needs to improve at.

Find him a Power forward winger and a Sniper and he will produce. He's responsible at both ends which is also valuable. Seems to be easily coached and he listens

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC

Like Craig Janney?

I'd trade any current player or prospect in the system for Lafreniere. I doubt i'm in the minority here either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad