Nick Robertson, what do you think about this Kid ?

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Ya I am torn. I really want to see how Nick, Rasmus, and Timmy look. I will still watch the big boys likely, but do you happen to know where to find the Marlies games online? I am out of market in BC, just wondering if anyone here has any experience with getting Marlies content. Only time I have really made an effort to watch the Marlies was when they went to the Calder Cup and when Willy and Naz played for Marlies. Other than that i would just catch the highlights
Right here TT AHLTV packages now available for 2020-21 excellent value at $35 for the regular season of Marlies

Reactions: Twine Tickler

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Wingers are a dime a dozen and guys who don't make it instantly always worry me ... not to say wingers can't develop, they can, but if a winger can't draw into a lineup right away then there is always a risk of not making it
True but...just watched kyler suggest Robertson + Dermott for Bennett. Sorry but I just cant accept being robbed like that.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Nick Robertson is definitely not a dime a dozen winger
No he is not dime a dozen and but wingers in general are a dime a dozen in pro hockey ... the good ones play responsible defensively on walls and can contribute goals ... and you can tell lamost in game 1 pro if they have it or not ... my point was you invest in wingers LAST ... you need 2 top flight centres and a checking centre 1st, a top flight goaler and a steady VET defender crew to win ... if you have 1 scoring winger that is fine ... all other wingers need to do da job defensively ..

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
View attachment 394512

Is anyone high on this kid as much as I am ?
What do you think ?
Where do you see him settling down into ?
Gallagher?
Marchand ?
Hyman ?
I see him in the top Two lines , am I over stepping with blue tinted glasses ?
I’ve been following a bit of his career and watching him ...
I really like all of his attributes and his play and more !!!
what say you ?

i think he needs to grow another foot, and gain 50 lbs, then i'll be happy :p:

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
Put Robertson into the lineup, Vesey out.

We need him to get the 2nd line going, it's been terrible lately.
He would be the perfect winger for JT and Nylander, he has the motor to chase down pucks, has great hands, and, an amazing shot. JT and Nylander are good playmakers and can feed him.

Thornton - Matthews - Marner
Robertson - JT - Nylander
Hyman - Kerfoot - Mikheyev
Spezza - Boyd - Engvall

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
I don't mind slow cooking him. It's nice how we have not ignored the pipeline despite trading futures every year for playoff runs. I suspect he will be up for the playoffs.

I might not be as high on him as some. This Marner talk sounds crazy to me. I'm hoping he's a 30-30 guy who can play a two way game. It will be interesting to see where he lands and what line he ends up on.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
My thoughts on Robby's game last night:

Tough start I thought. couldn't seem to find his edges and was noticeably weak on the puck. Simple nudges sent him to the ice. He must have fell in the neighborhood of 20 times. Not sure if that had anything to do with his demotion to the 2nd line or not. I imagine he is still getting his leg strength back, as it was an LBI that cause him to miss almost a month. Nevermind the fact that this was only his 7th pro game (1 of which cut short due to injury). Even amidst his early game struggles you could see real flashes of talent. Pucks follow good players, especially goal scorers, and Robby made a nice move at the end of the period and was robbed by the Moose tendy.

The 1st shift he played on the 2nd line he scored a goal that was truly a Matthews like goal. The puck squirted out to him, and he beat the goalie clean with his elite shot. Was not a heavy release, it just happened way to quickly for the goalie to react.

It seemed like the goal went straight to his legs, and he was pretty noticeable thereafter. Clearly stronger on the puck, and seemed to regain his edge work to some degree. Displaying it on his assist to Rubins.

overall assessment of his game, was that he will likely need a couple more games to get his legs back, and more importantly get used to the pro speed. Was very impressed with his in game adjustments, and really seemed to settle in after the demotion to the 2nd line. Some players would crumble, Nick seemed to elevate. I'm not sure why exactly he was demoted, maybe it was nothing more than a shakeup after being down a goal at the time. But if it were about his play, it would have had to have been regarding him falling all over the ice in the first 25 mins of the game.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Agreed, it’s good for him to get back up to speed and gain some extra confidence in the AHL before he gets another shot

He should be back up shortly, his shot is already one of the best on the team

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad