Nick Robertson, what do you think about this Kid ?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
This kid is an absolute shoo in for NHL top 6 career in my mind. His snapper is Kessel like, but unlike Kessel this guy can absolutely rip a clapper too. Not to mention this kid wants to be an NHL star more than any prospect I can remember. Id be absolutely shocked if he is not a high impact player in the NHL, but that's just me. Might not be immediate, but it will happen. I'd bet the farm on it.

I'm drawing a blank of what type of player this guy reminds me of, but I really don't see the Gallagher comp. Gallagher is just a really good grinder. Nick has way more skill than Gally did at that age. I wanna say Claude Giroux, excellent shot, excellent skill level, and tenacious. Its maybe not the best comp, but i think its closer stylistically to Nick vs gally
Kyle Connor IMO is an apt comparison. Not saying he'll be as good. Both play high-paced, tenacious hockey with excellent shooting ability and all-around skill.

Reactions: Twine Tickler

OB34KNH

Apr 11, 2019
You really think he has the same skill as Marner?
He doesn't have Marner skill. No way. Marner is a pure playmaker with elite hands.

His passing game isn't all that strong and neither are his hands.
Robertson is a speedy (grinder ) type with an elite shot.

The most un-biased comparison for Robertson is Mike Grabner.

In his prime, Grabner was killing penalties, blazing fast, and, had an elite shot.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Actually closer to Matthews skill at shooting the puck. Check out his 1st NHL goal. See the resemblance to 34.

Ehhh.... Are we going to say that Soshnikov has Matthews skill based off of first career goals?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
He doesn't have Marner skill. No way. Marner is a pure playmaker with elite hands.

In his prime, Grabner was killing penalties, blazing fast, and, had an elite shot.
You don't think Robertson has good hands? That's pretty weird. He's definitely a very good passer too

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Actually closer to Matthews skill at shooting the puck. Check out his 1st NHL goal. See the resemblance to 34.
He certainly has the release. And ability to beat people clean. It’s hard to compare him to the best goal scorer on the planet, but his release is absolutely lethal. And at a junior level looked every bit as dangerous as Matthews release at that age. I mean in the blue and white game he made my ears bleed from the post and in rip. He will have to learn to get it off in tighter windows, not nearly as much space and time in the show. But once he figures out how little time he has, that shot will be able to be any goalie in the league.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Gallagher/Atkinson/Debrincat are players I think he makes a similar impact to

If he hits a next level in his development and improves his strength and acceleration he becomes Brad Marchand without the dirty rat like tendencies (less than 5% chance of this happening)

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I’m extremely high on this kid. I really wish he were healthy, maybe we wouldn’t be musing about acquiring a winger for Tavares and Nylander if he were playing right now. His motor and shot would be much appreciated right now. Plenty of Cup winners over the past few years have had impact players on ELC’s (Sergachev, Dunn, Guentzel) help them achieve their goals, I think Robertson could be that for us.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

Say what? Robertson's got a fine set of hands.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Outside of the big 4 and maybe Hyman, Robertson undoubtedly has the most potential out of any leaf forward. To me, Mikheyev, Kerfoot, Vesey, Engvall while useful are career 3rd liners. Robertson is likely to be a future top 6 guy imo

Damisoph

Jun 29, 2010
Very optimistic, especially hearing how good his shot was during camp. If he can show some compete/jam, he can be a top 6 guy for sure.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

No, not that similar. Grabner was much faster than Robertson, I see Robertson being much better at everything else and being a significantly better NHL'er than Grabner.

I agree he doesn't have Marner level puck skills, I think he could be similar to a Gallagher with a better shot. So a 1st line winger.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
List of players with career 450+ Goals and 1800+ PIMs

Messier
Shanahan
K. Tkachuk
Verbeek
Fleury

I'd settle for a welfare man's Fleury LOL.
lol ye just stylistically really. clearly he would be more like hobo fleury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad