Nick Robertson, what do you think about this Kid ?

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2021-2-9_13-57-8.jpeg

Is anyone high on this kid as much as I am ?
What do you think ?
Where do you see him settling down into ?
Gallagher?
Marchand ?
Hyman ?
I see him in the top Two lines , am I over stepping with blue tinted glasses ?
I’ve been following a bit of his career and watching him ...
I really like all of his attributes and his play and more !!!
what say you ?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You never can tell how these kids will turn out but I'd say he's well on track to be a top 6 guy. Don't think those guys you listed are good comparables but not sure who would be better so I'll just say the kids obviously very talented and I LOVE his energy! I'd say he'll end up with many years where he scores 30+ but I don't like the idea of putting ceilings on talented kids that young - who am I to say he won't score 50 one season?​

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
You never can tell how these kids will turn out but I'd say he's well on track to be a top 6 guy. Don't think those guys you listed are good comparables but not sure who would be better so I'll just say the kids obviously very talented and I LOVE his energy!
Hey Gary , yes there’s a lot to like , we haven’t had the possibility of a player like this since maybe Tucker ( for about 3 seasons )??? I hope so
Every team benefits from a player with his talents

Last edited:

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
He scored his first nhl goal at 18. Sky is the limit. I’m thinking he’ll be putting up points similar to Nylanders level of production when all is said and done. But his style of play will be more like a shoot first marner.

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
This kid is an absolute shoo in for NHL top 6 career in my mind. His snapper is Kessel like, but unlike Kessel this guy can absolutely rip a clapper too. Not to mention this kid wants to be an NHL star more than any prospect I can remember. Id be absolutely shocked if he is not a high impact player in the NHL, but that's just me. Might not be immediate, but it will happen. I'd bet the farm on it.

I'm drawing a blank of what type of player this guy reminds me of, but I really don't see the Gallagher comp. Gallagher is just a really good grinder. Nick has way more skill than Gally did at that age. I wanna say Claude Giroux, excellent shot, excellent skill level, and tenacious. Its maybe not the best comp, but i think its closer stylistically to Nick vs gally

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
We need to see more of him in game action before we can really get a feel for what is and what he will do well in the NHL or who he even compares to.

I remember some of the analysts were talking about how he was extremely amped up in Game 1 vs Montreal relentlessly stick checking to a manic degree in the neutral zone. Good to have that relentless energy but also need to harness that properly, pick your spots and let the game come to you somewhat. They compared him to the way Yakupov always looked extremely busy but didn’t get anything done.

moon111

Oct 18, 2014
Even with a 10 million dollar star, can you be responsible in your own end? Really that's what wins. I expect him to score, what I want to see is defensive play.

Teeder Keon

Mar 11, 2019
This kid is an absolute shoo in for NHL top 6 career in my mind. His snapper is Kessel like, but unlike Kessel this guy can absolutely rip a clapper too. Not to mention this kid wants to be an NHL star more than any prospect I can remember. Id be absolutely shocked if he is not a high impact player in the NHL, but that's just me. Might not be immediate, but it will happen. I'd bet the farm on it.

I'm drawing a blank of what type of player this guy reminds me of, but I really don't see the Gallagher comp. Gallagher is just a really good grinder. Nick has way more skill than Gally did at that age. I wanna say Claude Giroux, excellent shot, excellent skill level, and tenacious. Its maybe not the best comp, but i think its closer stylistically to Nick vs gally
Excellent post and great takes

Twine Tickler

Apr 5, 2010
Vancouver
Excellent post and great takes
I forgot to add I think the key differences I see in Giroux's game vs Nick's game is hands and vision. I think Giroux has elite hands, and at least in his prime had elite vision. But in terms of compete level, shot, strength on the puck for undersized player. I think that was the best comp I could think of

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Bronxxx

Dec 2, 2018
Remember the name. Next level passion and desire. Baring injuries Hyman determination with Marner skill.

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Hopefully the kid is back in the lineup soon, would be an excellent addition on that third line and second PP unit.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Making his NHL debut during the play-ins obviously meant something significant. By comparison, it was then a bit disappointing that he didn't make the team to start off this season. I think the pandemic changed things though in that the taxi squad allowed for an increased amount of signings and competition for spots. I think he'll develop into a really good player for the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad