Niagara IceDogs 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyguy999

Feb 19, 2022
Feel bad for the fans of Niagara. Owner darren is bringing over all his friends from his Brantford teams. And he’s never had a winning team in Brantford. This is sad.

Reactions: the dog

the dog

May 16, 2014
Feel bad for the fans of Niagara. Owner darren is bringing over all his friends from his Brantford teams. And he’s never had a winning team in Brantford. This is sad.
I guess Wayne Gretzky's not to involved in ownership

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I guess Wayne Gretzky's not to involved in ownership
hes there with name only, they gave him free ownership in exchange for the use of his name.

absolutely zero ohl experience, i guess hes smarter then everyone.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
hes there with name only, they gave him free ownership in exchange for the use of his name.

absolutely zero ohl experience, i guess hes smarter then everyone.
Smart enough to bring Gretzky in, own and manage GOJHL and OJHL teams, have ‘north of $20M’ for an OHL franchise and know he’d be an idiot to move it; so, yeah.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Smart enough to bring Gretzky in, own and manage GOJHL and OJHL teams, have ‘north of $20M’ for an OHL franchise and know he’d be an idiot to move it; so, yeah.

what success have those franchises have? how many times where they even .500? 20 wins over 3 SEASONS in jrb and jra team finished last all years hes managed them. great businessman, sure, smart hockey guy, no way

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
what success have those franchises have? how many times where they even .500? 20 wins over 3 SEASONS in jrb and jra team finished last all years hes managed them. great businessman, sure, smart hockey guy, no way
Time will tell. I like what he’s done so far; not every team can/will seize the opportunity to select a defective player, then bringing in 5 vets for less than the trade value plus compensation that the defect will return. Those vets should have his team firmly middle of the pack making it a better place for the Icedogs’s many young high picks to develop.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Time will tell. I like what he’s done so far; not every team can/will seize the opportunity to select a defective player, then bringing in 5 vets for less than the trade value plus compensation that the defect will return. Those vets should have his team firmly middle of the pack making it a better place for the Icedogs’s many young high picks to develop.
They didn't bring in 5 vets for less than trade value. I was expecting Jesus to go for a 5th and a 8th. They got him for a 3rd and a 5th. Zito they paid 2 2nds, 2 4ths, 5th, 6th for an OA. He's good but that's a lottttt for an OA. You can argue he did a good job bringing in vets. But you definitely cannot argue he got them for under value. He paid way more

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
They didn't bring in 5 vets for less than trade value. I was expecting Jesus to go for a 5th and a 8th. They got him for a 3rd and a 5th. Zito they paid 2 2nds, 2 4ths, 5th, 6th for an OA. He's good but that's a lottttt for an OA. You can argue he did a good job bringing in vets. But you definitely cannot argue he got them for under value. He paid way more
You misinterpreted my post. The five vets were brought in for less than what I think the [trade value of Dickinson plus the compensatory pick(s)] will be. Zito is an ‘03. A couple of those picks (4 & 5) are for an OA season; good deal both ways imo. A 4th for import is fine. The price of the 3-OAs are on the high end, I agree.

Last edited:
Reactions: three dog night

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Zito is not an OA - Ribeau is.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
If Im Saginaw Im calling Niagara and trying to work out a Bloom+ for Dickinson deal if he truly wont report. Would have to be a 2 parter of course but would fit both teams timelines.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Could see the Gens being trading partners with Niagara if Dickinson does indeed refuse to report
I could see Windsor kicking the tires on a Dickinson deal as well. Bowler may already be in a rebuild mindset. Zito traded, Maggio possibly gone as well as Johnston. Not much of a high end roster left but a good core of young talent. Training camps not too far away so won't take long to sort this one out.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
i dont know anyone who would say less then value for those trades, if anything its the opposite.

Yes they did the tier two had a winning record a couple years ago.

so one winning record years ago in jra? come on thats what your hanging onto?

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Time will tell. I like what he’s done so far; not every team can/will seize the opportunity to select a defective player, then bringing in 5 vets for less than the trade value plus compensation that the defect will return.

i dont know anyone who would say less then value for those trades, if anything its the opposite.
It's awkwardly worded for sure, but I believe @dirty12 meant that if they trade a defective Dickinson they will get more back in return for him than they spent in total bringing in those 5 vets.

I agree @OHL4Life that if anything they overpaid a bit for those vets.

Reactions: dirty12

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It's awkwardly worded for sure, but I believe @dirty12 meant that if they trade a defective Dickinson they will get more back in return for him than they spent in total bringing in those 5 vets.

I agree @OHL4Life that if anything they overpaid a bit for those vets.

if thats the case then that is fair, but that still means they overpaid, regardless of what they get back for dickinson.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015

so one winning record years ago in jra? come on thats what your hanging onto?
Comp #5 overall, comp end of 2nd I believe, Dickinson for picks should be ~3(2nds & 3rds).
5 vets brought in for; 2(2nds), 3(3rds & 4ths), 5, *(4 &5).

I’ll take the side of compensatory 5th overall pick over a few 4ths and a couple of 5ths

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad