Niagara IceDogs 2022 Off-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The IceDogs are "making a run for it" this year if you consider being more competitive and making the playoffs to be "making a run for it".
The added Dmen will help stabilize the back end and help the the younger D develop.
This is all laying the groundwork for creating the most competitive team possible in 2023/2024. I highly doubt Enright will be in the OA mix in that season.

So, if they keep Enright, he takes minutes from Leonard (04), Vannetten (04), Douglas-Najem (04) and Wysick (05) who will be important pieces in 23/24.

I know the IceDogs will get a boat load of picks if they deal Dickinson but I don't see anything wrong with dealing Enright and having more draft picks, especially when the team plans on hosting the Mem Cup next season.

The more that Dickinson looks at the direction the IceDogs are headed he may like what he sees.......not many LHD.

Dionicio (04) (L) - Cato (03) (R)
Dickinson (06) (L) - Ribau (OA) (R)
Leonard (04) (R) - Jesus (OA) (R)

Wysick (05) (R), Douglas-Najem (04) (L) , Vannetten (04) (R)

Enright (03) (R)
I’m guessing Niagara wants Dickinson to be a defect as much or more than Dickinson wants to choose his own destiny.
Enright looked pretty darn good at the end of last season. I’d keep him for now even though Leonard and Wycisk would battle for the 6-7 spots.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
I’m guessing Niagara wants Dickinson to be a defect as much or more than Dickinson wants to choose his own destiny.
Enright looked pretty darn good at the end of last season. I’d keep him for now even though Leonard and Wycisk would battle for the 6-7 spots.

The problem is they need Dickinson to defect AND play in the OHL this season which isnt a guarantee. Chance him and Hague play in Chicago this year and OHL next year. All the conditional picks they would get for him need to be tradeable this year.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
The problem is they need Dickinson to defect AND play in the OHL this season which isnt a guarantee. Chance him and Hague play in Chicago this year and OHL next year. All the conditional picks they would get for him need to be tradeable this year.
There is a fair chance he plays in Chicago; it’s a good place. The picks would be for next year and beyond, I think. I see the Icedogs buying/selling at the deadline to position the team for the next season. The best possible bid to host the 2024 Memorial Cup has to be the goal, right?

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Really like that trade for Niagara. Assume more picks are going to get sent out as they're still not a championship contender imo, but this trade will help

Reactions: three dog night

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Are we sure they are trying to contend this year? To me, they are looking to be competitive this year as they put in a bid to host and contend next year.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Are we sure they are trying to contend this year? To me, they are looking to be competitive this year as they put in a bid to host and contend next year.
I don’t see how they’re going to be contenders next season. They lose a massive chunk of what they’ve brought in this season, won’t have as many picks to buy, and won’t be developing the young guys they do have now to step up in 23/24. To me they’re setting themselves up to be mediocre for the next few seasons.

Reactions: Savard18

OHL Fan

Mar 5, 2020
I don’t see how they’re going to be contenders next season. They lose a massive chunk of what they’ve brought in this season, won’t have as many picks to buy, and won’t be developing the young guys they do have now to step up in 23/24. To me they’re setting themselves up to be mediocre for the next few seasons.
Agreed.

Their team this year is not good enough to compete for League championship.

They have no picks in the cupboards for the next 3 years. They would need for their 04s to be patient this year and wait for next year and hope they developed. I doubt the 04s will wait and be patient and will ask to be traded. They will need to trade Dickinson for many picks to assist next year.

StingUpdates

Jan 12, 2019
Enjoy Dann! Not thrilled to see him go. Wont take long for you to notice his speed but the big one, his shot. Electric release & shot. I was expecting a 35-40 Goal season in Sarnia for him. Best of luck this season!

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
I was sure it was all about the best possible bid, until today.
Still, the Icedogs may see Barrie and NB add anyways; and realize the team is just a solid 4-5 seed.
There is nothing stopping the Icedogs from keeping their best OA options for next year, and trade a few of the other ‘03s and an OA at the deadline. The rest of the remaining team will have ~30 games and playoffs to prepare for a run the next season.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018
I was sure it was all about the best possible bid, until today.
Still, the Icedogs may see Barrie and NB add anyways; and realize the team is just a solid 4-5 seed.
There is nothing stopping the Icedogs from keeping their best OA options for next year, and trade a few of the other ‘03s and an OA at the deadline. The rest of the remaining team will have ~30 games and playoffs to prepare for a run the next season.
Why would this make it not? Dann will be back in 2024 as an elite OA. Doesnt that bode well for a bid

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
Why would this make it not? Dann will be back in 2024 as an elite OA. Doesnt that bode well for a bid
I did not mean to imply the Icedogs are not building for next season. Zito, Dann, and one of Sirrizotti, Cato, Enright, Michaud, Rosenweig as OAs would be as good as it gets.

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
Is Niagara out of picks yet?

Holy smokes with these additions. Not even going to be a top 3 in the conference team.

Middle of the pack with all these trades.

Pick on the new guy in the league who’s fresh off purchasing his own OHL team I guess.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com

Holy smokes with these additions. Not even going to be a top 3 in the conference team.

Pick on the new guy in the league who’s fresh off purchasing his own OHL team I guess.
Once Dickinson is announced as defective and they trade him, Niagara will recoup most if not all the picks they have shelled out.

Square Corners

Mar 1, 2018

They're going to be a top 3 team when all is said and done. A lot of teams (especially Barrie) dont have the balls most years to add enough when they need to. Niagara doesnt seem to have that issue. They could be right there fighting for the central if they get a goalie

Devin

Jul 25, 2018
They're going to be a top 3 team when all is said and done. A lot of teams (especially Barrie) dont have the balls most years to add enough when they need to. Niagara doesnt seem to have that issue. They could be right there fighting for the central if they get a goalie
What’s is your east prediction looking like?

Pete’s at 1? Don’t they have next to no assets to deal at the deadline?

three dog night

May 3, 2014
They got two good goalies.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Who? Unless they got someone new this offseaosn i missed, they have 0 good goalies. Rosenzweig is athletic but lets in way too many soft ones. Hes not good. Costanzo will maybe be good in 2/3 years. Hes not now
Of all the games I went to never saw to many soft goals on Rosenzweig.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
What’s is your east prediction looking like?

Pete’s at 1? Don’t they have next to no assets to deal at the deadline?
Petes should have 4-5 (2nds) & 6-7 (3rds) after moving 2nds prior to draft and likely returned conditional picks from Guelph in Merkley trade.

Reactions: Maxxim1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad