NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I'm an IT nerd, I have colleagues and friends that work in IT, we all know, love, and understand sports. Thanks for the

I'm having the exact same issue. Seems to be a fairly common problem, at least from previous years. I'm not entirely sure of the remedy yet.

what about trying changing the DNS server

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
what about trying changing the DNS server
Do you mean on my router/modem? I have it grab the DNS servers automatically and I’m not entirely sure what to change it to that would be better. Could always set it to 8.8.8.8, I guess

DutchHockeyGuy

Mar 8, 2007
I wish NHL.tv would get rid of the two or three clips they show during intervals with al the shouting commentators. They are very annoying, repetitive and loud. I would much prefer just the silence until play starts again or just the commercials from the TV-station that is covering the match. And if they want to create fillers, at least get 30 different ones or produce a series of 1 minute stories or so.

Westlander

the olden time
Aug 31, 2004
The Netherlands
I wish NHL.tv would get rid of the two or three clips they show during intervals with al the shouting commentators. They are very annoying, repetitive and loud. I would much prefer just the silence until play starts again or just the commercials from the TV-station that is covering the match. And if they want to create fillers, at least get 30 different ones or produce a series of 1 minute stories or so.

What I wish, for those of us who don’t usually watch the games live, is that they would edit out the commercial breaks and intermissions altogether.

My first year as an online subscriber, I think it was 2010-11 (before that all we had for hockey in the NL was NASN/ESPN America, remember those!) the NHL package used the ESPN player, and they cut out the breaks. So if you watched a game not live but the next day, the webcast was game action only, usually about 1 hour 40 minutes or so in total.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
Anyone having this problem?
91E679B5-9BEB-41E9-96DC-DD826D0D8ECC.png

I can’t seem to access it on anything; Apple TV, iMac, iPad, iPhone.

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
Hey guys, quick question and help would be much appreciated!
I couldn't find out if the playoffs are included in this year's season pass for 99 dollars...are they?

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
Hey guys, quick question and help would be much appreciated!
I couldn't find out if the playoffs are included in this year's season pass for 99 dollars...are they?
There sure are.
But like anything you need to read the small print.
Nationally televised games also are subject to blackouts in NHL.TV™. In the United States, all Stanley Cup® Playoffs and Stanley Cup® Final games will be nationally televised.

Reactions: frostyflo

frostyflo

Jan 29, 2009
Austria
There sure are.
But like anything you need to read the small print.
Nationally televised games also are subject to blackouts in NHL.TV™. In the United States, all Stanley Cup® Playoffs and Stanley Cup® Final games will be nationally televised.

Thank you very much!
I wasn't sure because I thought the last seasons this was not the case.

So if I get you right the POs are, more or less, not on nhl.tv?!

Local blackouts aren't a problem for me since this won't affect me much here in Austria.

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
The fine print is that you will be able to (sort of) watch PO games on NHLTV, but it will be via next-day replay only, not live games. This is what I was told by a phone support rep at NHLTV.

McDeepika

Aug 14, 2004
So I live in Virginia and have center ice through Cox. This is the 2nd time in a row the Oilers/Habs game is blacked out.

On Saturday, I figured it was because NHL network was showing the game but I have no idea what is going on today.

Anybody have any thoughts?

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
So I live in Virginia and have center ice through Cox. This is the 2nd time in a row the Oilers/Habs game is blacked out.
On Saturday, I figured it was because NHL network was showing the game but I have no idea what is going on today.
Anybody have any thoughts?
Call CI and Cox customer support and see if they have an answer. On the NHLTV site, you can enter your viewing location zip code to determine which teams are blacked out for your area. Don't know if CI offers this same "blackout detector" function. That said, I believe you should not have been blocked from watching those two Oilers/Habs games. I get games on NHLTV that are also being shown on NHL Network. Several years back when I had Brighthouse cable in Florida, I once had to meet with their local engineering department to correct the way they were applying the CI blackout rules for our area - as an example, they believed they were supposed to block all games being played in Canada!

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
So the only way I can watch nhl.tv via the app with Roku is if I log out every time before watching then log back in. its super annoying. I even have to do that with the app on my phone. Has anyone found a workaround for that?

Last edited:

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Jan 19th in Canada.

thanks, hmmm decision coming, I told myself I wouldn’t renew because of everything listed pages earlier regarding price and refunds.
Guess I’ll see how long I last. Not a fan of the delayed audio on some games, I’m assuming that is for games being called from a remote location. They should sync that for those broadcasts.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
So I am not in the Leafs region, clearly a Leafs fan... so watched the game on CI last night and of course it was the Jets broadcast... and they were in WPG... first time in my life I actually muted the TV and synced the Leafs radio broadcast. The virtual calls are brutal... Seems to be on a case by case basis. TSN crew will be in Ottawa tonight so it is hit and miss.

I am essentially paying for 24ish Leafs games. I will watch lots of others, but it is still pricey. I debated... quickly... I added it to my account yesterday.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
So I am not in the Leafs region, clearly a Leafs fan... so watched the game on CI last night and of course it was the Jets broadcast... and they were in WPG... first time in my life I actually muted the TV and synced the Leafs radio broadcast. The virtual calls are brutal... Seems to be on a case by case basis. TSN crew will be in Ottawa tonight so it is hit and miss.

I am essentially paying for 24ish Leafs games. I will watch lots of others, but it is still pricey. I debated... quickly... I added it to my account yesterday.

We had the Sens broadcast with Gord Miller

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
So the only way I can watch nhl.tv via the app with Roku is if I log out every time before watching then log back in. its super annoying. I even have to do that with the app on my phone. Has anyone found a workaround for that?
That's irritating. So far I haven't been plagued with deletion of my log-in creds on Roku. I had to re-enter the creds for my PC several days ago, but that's the only time since I signed up on 12 Jan. I haven't done anything special regarding my monthly account set up...nor would I know how to.
FWIW, you might try deleting the Roku NHL app and re-installing it.

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
Paid for a service, game blacked out in the UK. It's not being covered BY ANY TV NETWORK IN THE UK you assholes!

don't feel bad, I paid specifically to catch Leafs games so far 2 of 4 have been blacked out

I talked to one of their agents and he just held the line about who's territory is who's, I replied to him that it makes a whole lot of sense when the back out is meant to support the gate by forcing paid attendance and also local broadcasts, problem is, that there is no gate to support and it was my understanding that blackouts would not be in effect(bad on me). Either way the feed is iffy, stuttering, freezing sometimes, loss of focus. The NHL really needs to get this figured out and fast, with the advent of smart devices so many people are cutting their cable and they're not delivering a quality product to the new reality.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
That's irritating. So far I haven't been plagued with deletion of my log-in creds on Roku. I had to re-enter the creds for my PC several days ago, but that's the only time since I signed up on 12 Jan. I haven't done anything special regarding my monthly account set up...nor would I know how to.
FWIW, you might try deleting the Roku NHL app and re-installing it.
I'll give that a try, thanks.

TheWestWing

Nov 22, 2006
Valley of the Sun
If there's anyone still having authentication issues with NHLTV using their DTV credentials, it's a 'known issue' per NHLTV support and they're 'working it'. Just hurry-up and wait although the NHLTV rep was a sweet Leafs fan from TOR. So they was kinda pleasant for not getting anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad