HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Any issues my Roku not getting games.

ETA: I logged out and logged back in works now

Last edited:

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
Great. Night 2. Same PS4 error message. "Cannot connect to NHL.TV. Please check your network connection and try again." I have fast internet and I'm using a lan cable. All other apps and movies load within seconds. It's not my connection. lol. Looking around it seems like PS4 has had troubles with this in the past. I'm guessing I need to wait for a new update to fix it. -.-

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Anyone yet constant buffering and stuttering while casting to chromecast? We have terrific internet services and never have these issues with any other service.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
Can someone clarify a blackout question?

The Ranger-Islander game is being simulcast on NHL Network tonight. Does that prevent someone in the United States who is outside of the NY Market from watching the game on NHL.TV/GameCenter?

I am seeing some people say that might be the case but I don't understand how. NHLN shouldn't get any broadcast rights they just simulcast. And NHLN is such a niche channel that not a lot of people own, I can't see national blackouts taking affect.
Yes. If game is on nhl network, you wont get it on nhl.tv in US.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
My PS4 NHL app error was fixed after logging out and logging back in.
Weird, my app just had a splash page that said it has an error and the phone number to call. I’ll check on it in the morning, because the web browser version has been trash

NJ07102

Apr 15, 2012
Germany
Watching the games in the morning on my notebook. They got this "great" feature now with the timeline showing the start of each period. Unfortunately, that also includes OT and SO... and it cannot be disabled. So when watching a game like the Devils and Bruins it is immediately clear that the game would go to a SO. That is so darn stupid. Only way to avoid seems to be to but a Postit on the screen. Thanks NHL for nothing. Do they even know what they are doing?

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
Can someone clarify a blackout question?
The Ranger-Islander game is being simulcast on NHL Network tonight. Does that prevent someone in the United States who is outside of the NY Market from watching the game on NHL.TV/GameCenter?
I am seeing some people say that might be the case but I don't understand how. NHLN shouldn't get any broadcast rights they just simulcast. And NHLN is such a niche channel that not a lot of people own, I can't see national blackouts taking affect.

Yes. If game is on nhl network, you wont get it on nhl.tv in US.
In Florida, I had full access to the NYR v NYI game. I'm on NHLTV via Roku.
Let's see what happens tonight with the Pitt v Phil game on NHL Network.

Sgooter

Dec 4, 2014
Watching the games in the morning on my notebook. They got this "great" feature now with the timeline showing the start of each period. Unfortunately, that also includes OT and SO... and it cannot be disabled. So when watching a game like the Devils and Bruins it is immediately clear that the game would go to a SO. That is so darn stupid. Only way to avoid seems to be to but a Postit on the screen. Thanks NHL for nothing. Do they even know what they are doing?
Do you know any IT geeks that know, like, or understand sports? I don't.

Reactions: 19VJ17

123TripleDoge

Nov 24, 2014
Weird, my app just had a splash page that said it has an error and the phone number to call. I’ll check on it in the morning, because the web browser version has been trash
Can confirm this fixed it. Although it started SUUUUPER laggy, like worse than ever before, but finally went to normal 60 fps. Woulda been nice if the splash page had said to try that, rather than to call in.... I waited on hold for 20 minutes before hanging up.

MrBadguy

May 27, 2016
I have a question for PC (nhl tv too) experts i guess, i have had this problem quite a while (not always), so basically my NHL tv works normally no problem playing the games, BUT sometimes out nowhere screen goes black/or just freezes and flashes few times after that it will just stay black and i have to refresh the site, so does anyone know why this happens, it has worked fine for years but this started last season.... and other question is was the audio behind the picture last nights CBJ-NSH or was that on my end too (i watched the game later), thanks in advance!

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
I think audio issue is with PBP guys calling games from a remote monitor
Should be able to fix that though

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
nyr-nyi was also aired by msg so maybe thats why
All nhl network games are also aired by the local channels. I just checked and I’m getting both the philly and Pittsburgh feeds on nhl.tv despite it being a network game.

I saw a comment on Reddit earlier that nhl network games have been available on nhl tv for the past few season. I don’t think that matches my experience but hey, if their available now I’m happy.

Marky9er

Jan 30, 2008
All games = $179 CDN, a months worth of games = $29 CDN, a single game = you can't access just a single game? I guess this is to reduce the amount of technical assistance needed. However single games at $4 or $5 would seemingly be their best margin and get people interested at a negligible/casual price point? C'mon.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Do you know any IT geeks that know, like, or understand sports? I don't.
I'm an IT nerd, I have colleagues and friends that work in IT, we all know, love, and understand sports. Thanks for the stereotype though.

Anyone yet constant buffering and stuttering while casting to chromecast? We have terrific internet services and never have these issues with any other service.

I'm having the exact same issue. Seems to be a fairly common problem, at least from previous years. I'm not entirely sure of the remedy yet.

Reactions: wingman75
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad