NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupuls Grit

Oct 12, 2018
Orillia
It's not cheap but these North Division games are too good to miss. Main downside is that I'm always tired after staying up too late!

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Some cable companies in the US give you a free subscription to NHL.tv if you order Center Ice from them but not Xfinity

:banghead:

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
Does NHL tv still blackout games on nhl network even if you dont have nhl network? Was always super frustrated by that.. wondering if Wild vs Avs will still be available tonight

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
Does NHL tv still blackout games on nhl network even if you dont have nhl network? Was always super frustrated by that.. wondering if Wild vs Avs will still be available tonight
It apparently does not black them out. I thought that was new for this season but was told it was like that last year too.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
My experience so far in this season with NHLTV is that those teams normally blacked out in your NHLTV viewing area, will also be blacked out when those same teams are on the NHL Network, for both home and away games. I do not have NHL Network in my current streaming service.

Last edited:

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
Is anyone here using the NHL.tv app for PS4 or trying to stream it to Chromecast (from android)? I'm in Europe, but that's always worked for me and now it doesn't. I don't have an NHL.tv subscription so this is me trying to access the free game, but I can't even watch highlight vids. Looks all normal in the lobby until I actually start a video and then boom.

Edit: won't let me watch on PC now, either :squint: that definetly used to work earlier in the season

Last edited:

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
Is anyone here using the NHL.tv app for PS4 or trying to stream it to Chromecast (from android)? I'm in Europe, but that's always worked for me and now it doesn't. I don't have an NHL.tv subscription so this is me trying to access the free game, but I can't even watch highlight vids. Looks all normal in the lobby until I actually start a video and then boom.

Edit: won't let me watch on PC now, either :squint: that definetly used to work earlier in the season

Same problem for me on my ps4.
Can't watch on my fire tv stick either today because it tells me about local or national blackout restrictions. I'm in Germany, those games aren't televised over here and I've never had this issue before. Everything works fine on my phone.

Calendal

May 16, 2016
London, England
South Florida, blacked out for everything. They said they already had 7 calls about it (called support number).

Works on my phone, though.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
South Florida, blacked out for everything. They said they already had 7 calls about it (called support number).

Works on my phone, though.

Yeah, no issues on my phone, either. They just texted me on Twitter and suggested to reboot my router.

So I did, and I still have the same issues.

Kschey

Avs/BorussiaDortmund
Jul 4, 2010
They specifically told me that restarting routet will probably not help. :)

Customer service at its best. They tweeted that suggestion at me and some other guys with the same issues, AND pm'd me with the same text

DieSendungmitderMaus

Apr 14, 2018
I didn't even consider hitting up customer service as I figured it'd be useless. Seems like I was half right, lol.

Thanks for the responses.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Regarding tonight's games on NBCSN: If you're not able to see tonight's games due to regional blackout rules, then try using the NBCSN app on Roku or AppleTV. This solved my blackout problem.

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
Regarding tonight's games on NBCSN: If you're not able to see tonight's games due to regional blackout rules, then try using the NBCSN app on Roku or AppleTV. This solved my blackout problem.

I was blacked out on both. I had to sign into Sling TV to watch the game live on NBCSN instead of on their app.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
The downfall of nhl.tv is that they run like 2 commercials all the time. This Fan Duel guy seems like the biggest douche in the universe.

Reactions: Isles72

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
The downfall of nhl.tv is that they run like 2 commercials all the time. This Fan Duel guy seems like the biggest douche in the universe.

I really miss the old Gamecenter Live. At least they were playing the local ads. I love watching Hockey which is why I subscribe to this every year, but it is not a good product.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I really miss the old Gamecenter Live. At least they were playing the local ads. I love watching Hockey which is why I subscribe to this every year, but it is not a good product.
Ironic that you have a SJ avatar, I used to do Center Ice instead and get the local commercials. The west coast games got this FL guy wanting to try Jack in the Box lol.

Reactions: SJSharksfan39

kyne

Oct 24, 2007
Before cable came along years ago , I could see several games a week just using a good antenna. Now that I have cable, I can only see one, maybe two games a week. It's all about the fans.

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
NHL.tv indicates there are no game feeds available for tonight's Canadiens - Leafs game. WTF? The game is not on NBCSN or NHL Network, so it cannot be blacked out here in the States.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
NHL.tv indicates there are no game feeds available for tonight's Canadiens - Leafs game. WTF? The game is not on NBCSN or NHL Network, so it cannot be blacked out here in the States.
That's probably because that game is tomorrow

Reactions: Frenchy

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I thought once the Super Bowl is over we would never have to see that dumb Fanduel ad again. Boy was I wrong. I don't think it was possible, but I think the NHL made NHL.TV a lot worse this year than it's ever been. Hell, the whole duel video thing doesn't even work, when it comes to audio at least.

And I will probably be suckered into buying this again next year. Can they actually hire someone who will actually make a damn good product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad