NHL.TV / Center Ice Discussion - Part III [See the warning in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho
Well NHL, hope you're happy. I just cancelled my center ice package after the first 3/4 games have been blacked out...not to mention next 2 will be also. I live in fricken central Idaho for God's sake, and you black out all Colorado and Vegas games (Anaheim is my team)... and tonight, its on NBCSN which I no longer get either.

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
Well NHL, hope you're happy. I just cancelled my center ice package after the first 3/4 games have been blacked out...not to mention next 2 will be also. I live in fricken central Idaho for God's sake, and you black out all Colorado and Vegas games (Anaheim is my team)... and tonight, its on NBCSN which I no longer get either.
This won't relieve your irritation, but it will explain what's happening: It was Colorado and Vegas who blocked your games, not Center Ice. Blackout areas are controlled by each NHL team. Center Ice, NHLTV, NHL Live are required to blackout games in those designated areas (based on zip codes). In my case, I don't get any of the Lightning or Panthers home or away games. Even Hawaii is blocked from all LA Kings games, and Hawaii is about 2500 miles away from LA! See this: Subscribe

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
This won't relieve your irritation, but it will explain what's happening: It was Colorado and Vegas who blocked your games, not Center Ice. Blackout areas are controlled by each NHL team. Center Ice, NHLTV, NHL Live are required to blackout games in those designated areas (based on zip codes). In my case, I don't get any of the Lightning or Panthers home or away games. Even Hawaii is blocked from all LA Kings games, and Hawaii is about 2500 miles away from LA! See this: Subscribe
I get every game every night . No matter who is attempting black outs.

Cogeco Supersports package

NHL Network Center Ice .........sounds like a mickey mouse racket to me.

snowave

Jan 7, 2012
Idaho

Well, the teams ARE the NHL .. and that's ultimately who I blame. I realize Center Ice isn't technically blocking it, but I'm not paying for the programming that I don't get, so the NHL won't be getting my money.

It's odd, as I've lived in Socal, WA, CO WY, and MT.. and never had any blackouts before moving to Idaho (although, sometimes games would be on other channels I got).

It will be interesting to see what happens next year with Seattle coming into the league, and if I get another team blacked out.

Reactions: Mach2

mdog

Mar 11, 2011
I'm a long time CI and then NHL.TV subscriber, but due of blackouts I end up spending more time watching streams vs. paid services. Just an observation...

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
I gave up and cancelled mine. Cant get it to work and they’ve been zero help. I’m not a dolt. I know technology. I’m sticking with the... better methods. Screw this. Lol.

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Screw this league in terms of blackouts. I'm happy to watch a Rangers Penquins game if they won't show the Leafs. I'm not paying for CI.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018

Do teams ever say why?

More Centre Ice subscriptions is more money for the NHL which means more money for teams

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
So the only way I can watch nhl.tv via the app with Roku is if I log out every time before watching then log back in. its super annoying. I even have to do that with the app on my phone. Has anyone found a workaround for that?
I am not having that issue on my Roku, Apple TV 4K, or Samsung Android phone.

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
What do you see?

0LHR5xU.png

I see another blackout!

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
Dear Ms. ****,
This is in response to your recent communication to the Better Business Bureau regarding your Bell account.

Please let me address your concerns in writing.
Rest assured Ms. **** that I have applied a credit of $37.00 (before applicable tax) on the NHL fees.
The adjustment will be applied to your February 14th 2021 statement.
Hoping the above is to your satisfaction

Reactions: Isles72

wildbill97

Jan 17, 2021
St. Louis (From MN)
I feel sorry for those in the Colorado market. Altitude TV is owned and operated by absolute scumbags. If that kind of shit happened in Minnesota, I'd stop supporting the team until ownership changed hands.

Either way, spending $25 on a 3-year VPN subscription was the best decision I made while living in Minnesota. I dumped DirecTV and refused to buy cable. But a Firestick and VPN allowed me to watch every Wild game on NHL TV. I do pay for NHL TV every year and using a VPN for secured internet is not illegal.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Out of curiosity, anyone get Rogers to drop the price of the CI package?

How the hell are they charging full freight for the year for 4 months worth of games!?!

Is NHL tv any good? For reference I just want to watch Bruins games and already pay to have TSN/SN for the magical blackout nights

Mach2

Jan 15, 2021
...Is NHL tv any good? For reference I just want to watch Bruins games and already pay to have TSN/SN for the magical blackout nights
This is my first season using NHLTV, and so far it's been very good, especially the video and audio quality. I'm on the monthly plan, given that this season is only for 4 months, followed by the playoffs which will be on NBC/NBCSN. Replays of playoff games will be available on NHLTV (so they say). Before signing up for CI, NHLTV, or NHL Live make sure to confirm how the blackout rules will be applied to your location.

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I received a 37$+ tax refund on last seasons center ice shortfall through bell canada . I suggesed I was going to file a complaint through the BBB (like clare2904 actually did) and they came back to me with that offer which seemed fair to me .

Reactions: Clare2904

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Has anyone had problems with NHL.TV this year with the audio and picture not being synced properly? For the past few games I've watched it feels like they've just been out of line with one another.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Has anyone had problems with NHL.TV this year with the audio and picture not being synced properly? For the past few games I've watched it feels like they've just been out of line with one another.

some games, I feel like those ones they didn’t sync properly, as some calls are done remotely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia