NHL Trade Deadline Thread: Part IV - Cole Heads to a Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malkinstheman

Aug 12, 2012
We aqcuired JJ 2.0 while Bealieu goes for a 6th. Yeah okay. First time in Sids career that we arent making the playoffs. Nice.

Reactions: Lustaf

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Honestly looking back at JR's work on the blueline in Carolina this is all just kind of to be expected with him at the helm. Like IC said above what is super shocking was that window in between. Ten years from now when we look back on it it will seem even more miraculous and impossible. Believe that.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Meanwhile other teams geting depth D for 6th rounders.... Will Gudbrandson even play when everyone is healthy?

Why did we go.for someone with term?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Know what, if Gudbranson was a pending UFA, I'd tolerate it. I'd at least say that "hey, at least we're out of that salary commitment for beyond this year". But no, he's signed long term at $4 million. They added an actual right handed Jack Johnson, and that is no exaggeration, that's signed for $4 million a year for 2.5 years. This is coming from someone who has defended JR way more than anyone else here: **** you, JR, for ruining this team with Crosby and Malkin.

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
Why do we need more big, slow defenders who can't do anything with the puck? Astonishing stupidity. Trading for the player with the worst plus minus in the league right in the midst of being heavily criticized for having acquired a similar player with similarly terrible plus minus is such a childish move. Doubling down and refusing to admit mistake. Sid and Geno need to revolt and demand from Mario actual puck moving defencemen, not these dinosaurs.
It's too late now. We'll never be able to get rid of these 2 contracts unless we give away our actual talented players..

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
It's so weird to look back at all the fantastic moves JR made a few years ago that lead to back to back Cups, then see what he's done in the past year and a half or so.

It's like he accidentally made a bunch of good moves all around the same time and lucked out into being successful. He's been downright incompetent since, for the vast majority of his decisions. :laugh: I love it.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
That f***ing Flyer game really f***ed the Penguins over big time in more ways than just the brutal loss.

Hell, just should have kept Oleksiak.

Reactions: Lustaf and td_ice

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Know what, if Gudbranson was a pending UFA, I'd tolerate it. I'd at least say that "hey, at least we're out of that salary commitment for beyond this year". But no, he's signed long term at $4 million. They added an actual right handed Jack Johnson, and that is no exaggeration, that's signed for $4 million a year for 2.5 years. This is coming from someone who has defended JR way more than anyone else here: **** you, JR, for ruining this team with Crosby and Malkin.

I'm glad you finally see the light, JR without Botterill, has been detrimental to the penguins.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Like holy ****ing ****, fire this senile old man before he ruins this damn team any further.

Starting to think Bots was the brains behind the cups.

As soon as Bots leaves we go out and get.

Reaves
Hunwick
JJ
Gudbranson

Clearly he does not care for the advanced stats and values "grit" what a dumbass, we made the league get faster and then decide to go get slower. Idiots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille